I wont get that 8 Finn shards because of the New Year Bug.

Because of the new year bug that needs restart of game to register first day of the month, i wont get that 8 Finn shards as the last day of January reward. Instead of posting in announcement the fix, they chose to post it in discussion thread which was easily overlooked. Besides thats a holiday, we wont notice anything amiss that day. I only noticed January 2 that im getting first day reward. I wonder if im alone in this predicament. EA will deprive us of a much needed reward for playing everyday.

Replies

• Options
    Do you leave your game open or in the background 100% of your days? I close mine every time I'm done doing what I'm doing.
  • Options
    Its new year then so i guess i left it open running on the background that day. Normally i switch to another device.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    It's only 8 shards on a farmable toon. Is it really that big of a deal?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

Not really a huge deal, but not 100% fair for everyone so it's at least worth looking into.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happened to me. Apparently I missed like 5 days. I keep it open all the time on tablet so basically by doing that I lose out on the crystals, credits, and shards.

Btw I had no clue there was a message about this before and I go to forums almost daily.
  • Options
    I will also miss out on the final 8 shards. I missed the first two days of the year. It wasn't posted as any alert. I never saw anything from EA/CG. I only saw the references to a message from devs in a random, unknown thread. I'm not happy about that. They will probably do some kind of release for the "Resistance" Falcon or whatever they call it since Finn was a log in character.
  • Options
    Background refresh is a wonderful thing. Thank you iOS.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Background refresh is a wonderful thing. Thank you iOS.

Unless your phone is in low power mode, ;) just a tip.
  • Options

Average shard drop rates are 33%. So farming 8 of his shards from a ten energy node it would cost about 240 energy. That is 200 crystals worth of cantina refreshes. Enough to be mildly salty about? Yes. Enough to get any response whatsoever? Not a chance.
  • Options
    Happened to me, too. It's annoying but I could have noticed it myself.

So my bad, no one else to blame. IMO at least.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Average shard drop rates are 33%. So farming 8 of his shards from a ten energy node it would cost about 240 energy. That is 200 crystals worth of cantina refreshes. Enough to be mildly salty about? Yes. Enough to get any response whatsoever? Not a chance.

Or just two days of no refreshes. Two days people!