New Player - Squad Arena Advice

Hey guys,

Simple question I guess. I have been playing (f2p) for about a week and have been quite dedicated IMO. I kind of wasted my first day or two, but I have been on a pretty clear path the past 4 or 5 days. My first arena squad is coming together, but I want to make sure that I don't invest too heavily in any bad characters.

So, for background, I am account Level 40. I have been running the following in arena to date, and been hovering between Rank 350 and 600:

IG-88 (L), Chewie, JC, Luke Skywalker and IG-86.

The Rank #1 on my Shard is a Level 49 account running AA (L), Lando, QGJ, Baze, Barriss

I lucked into IG-88 from a Day 1 Bronzium. IG-86 I unlocked a bunch of shards in a Bronzium, so I picked him up through hardmode. The other 3 are standard early unlock characters.

I've invested quite a bit in IG-88 because I knew I wanted to use him. Utilizing standard advice, I have been using Arena Tokens for STH, Cantina Energy for Lando and Cantina Currency for Boba. I will have STH tomorrow, and Lando / Boba within the next two or three days at this pace. That will give me a nice 4-man Scoundrel team (planning for Lando lead).

So, enough about the background. My question is, who is a good 5th for that Arena team? I've been debating between Chewie, JC, or IG-86, but the other option is to farm a 5th character. If I use Chewie, I have Scoundrel synergy and another taunt. JC provides me heals which seem to be worthwhile at this level. IG-86 is my preference because I would like to have a Droid team as well, but I barely have a 1st team so probably shouldn't be thinking about a 2nd team.

If I don't use a character who I have now, who should I try and unlock as a 5th? How long will this Scoundrel-based team last me? And should I focus on upgrading the characters to 5 stars? 7 stars? How many stars before moving on to other characters?

I appreciate all the help I have received and will continue to receive. :)

Replies

• Options
    You could always get Cad Bane from gw, he would finish up your scoundrel team for the heists as well
  • Options
    The characters change a bit, as you continue to level, and gain access to others. So it is hard to say which ones you "should" be aiming for now to use, and which ones to prep yourself for.
    A solid few players you should look at.
    Lando from cantina 1-E
    Boba Fett from cantina currency
    STH from arena currency
    Biggs from GW currency
    Wedge from 6-F ( which will be a while still for you )
    QGJ from cantina currency
    The first five have incredible team work together.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    You could always get Cad Bane from gw, he would finish up your scoundrel team for the heists as well

I hadn't thought of him. He would also roll nicely into a Bounty Hunter team if I go that way with IG-88 and Boba. I haven't read about him much, is he competitive? How would he best be used.

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    He's pretty squishy without good mods but his stun is nice and his basic hits pretty hard, even if you don't use him anywhere else he's good for the credit heist to help keep you in training droids and credits.
  • Options
    Off topic but I think you r in same arena shard as me.
  • Copes
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Off topic but I think you r in same arena shard as me.

Are you one of the people consistently knocking me lower? Haha

Nevermind, looked at your name. You're the number one player I mentioned! My goal is to dethrone you, some day, some how!

Great team though man, keep up the good work!
    Post edited by Copes on
  • Options
    At your level I'd farm Phasma. Boba (l) 88 STH Lando Phasma.

1)She's great in raids.

2) speed down AOE, TM boost, and guaranteed crits are 3 things that can really help an under modded squad in the arena

3) plus First Order will be getting a lot of attention soon

Use boba as the lead. Early in the game it's tough to develop full squad synergy so a universal lead is great.