Advice needed

Hi!

Because of the fact that I was able to unlock shore trooper(krennic/Dt) I wondered which character should I gear...Krennic/DT or shore-Or should I wait until they are f2p farmable :)
(I know 9B)

Currently running a Empire/Sith Team: Vader(5 zetas are missing) L/Emperor/TFP(6* halfway 7*)/Royal guard/Sidious(sometimes I replace him with boba)

By the way: I'm searching for players who want to join my guild^^ We are running 5* raids (and started a 6* Tank Takedown raid just for fun) and we are only 15 members-.- So we definitely need more members.....And I know-This isn't the guild category
(Ally code: 657-518-343)

Replies

• Options
    I guess it depends on if you plan on sinking any resources into starring up said characters later on.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Shoretrooper. No brainer really.

Put it like this:-

He has and EXTREMELY high protection rating even at 3*. I can nearly break top 100 with him in my empire team. Just make sure you gear him out to MAX and focus on protection and and secondary speed mods. He needs to be able to pop off his healing ability ASAP to give crit immunity to team which is a perfect counter to Lando btw
  • Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »

He has and EXTREMELY high protection rating even at 3*. I can nearly break top 100 with him in my empire team. Just make sure you gear him out to MAX and focus on protection and and secondary speed mods. He needs to be able to pop off his healing ability ASAP to give crit immunity to team which is a perfect counter to Lando btw

This, if you can't farm him in LS node, buy him from shipments. I also have a 3* shore which I sub in depending on the fight.

He's really useful sitting at about 50k effective health atm and haven't fully modded him either (looking for 1 more protection mod)
  • Options
    I would go ShT (well that's what I have been doing with crystals). I think they're all strong but ShT is the most useful and can fit in easily to your team and have excellent utility (bearing in mind what Iron_Zilla says).

I think ShT is probably the easier farm (I'm not at 9B yet but I think I'll get there, plus buying ShT shards, will be quicker than grinding DT/DK when they are released FTP).

Bear in mind that DT/DK will be available from a pack (helpful if PTP) so I wouldn't expect them to be farmable for some time.

I geared my DT to G8 but he's not so useful IMHO
  • Options

Thank you for your advice :)
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I would go ShT (well that's what I have been doing with crystals). I think they're all strong but ShT is the most useful and can fit in easily to your team and have excellent utility (bearing in mind what Iron_Zilla says).

I think ShT is probably the easier farm (I'm not at 9B yet but I think I'll get there, plus buying ShT shards, will be quicker than grinding DT/DK when they are released FTP).

Bear in mind that DT/DK will be available from a pack (helpful if PTP) so I wouldn't expect them to be farmable for some time.

I geared my DT to G8 but he's not so useful IMHO

I'm also not at 9B and buying shards is better than buying these packs ^^
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »

This, if you can't farm him in LS node, buy him from shipments. I also have a 3* shore which I sub in depending on the fight.

He's really useful sitting at about 50k effective health atm and haven't fully modded him either (looking for 1 more protection mod)

So he is theoretically able to survive a Wiggs attack?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Yes! I was holding between 54-90 in arena with rg, once I got shore and got him to 4* g9 I now stay between 20-30 at pay out time.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »

Yes! I was holding between 54-90 in arena with rg, once I got shore and got him to 4* g9 I now stay between 20-30 at pay out time.[/quote]

Oh wow cool :) Ok-Let's gear shore ^^
  • Options
    I run zVader g11, EP g11, TFP g11, and Boba g10. They all have 30 speed arrows, and my FTP is at 245 speed so almost always goes first. Problem is, even with everyone else at 175-200 speed, I can still get wrecked by most squads with a faster EP or Wiggs. It seems look like the AI almost always targets EP, and that's a huge part of my squad's weaponry. I use RG g9, and have toyed with Sid (200+speed) g10 for the fifth spot, but RG does nothing to defend a one shot. I have been considering investing crystals in Shoretrooper, but as a light spender, it hurts to "pay" for a character. It seems pretty clear that Shoretrooper is my best option according to you guys. I hope that if I can survive the first round without losing EP, I will fair better. I suppose it'll be worth the ten/twenty bucks to get him 3-4*. Then the endless gear grind.

Do you think you could plug him into a squad with g7-8 / 3-4*?
  • Options
    Appo2619 wrote: »
    Athusk wrote: »

3*, g10, with solid mods: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/collection/shoretrooper/

Well worth it.
  • Options
    Shore, fo' sho'. I am usually top 20 on my December 2015 shard. 4* and protection mods all around. The nice thing is, he doesn't need speed mods. Can eat Wiggs, OG Solo, etc...

https://swgoh.gg/u/aplateofgrapes/collection/shoretrooper/
  • Options
    Start working ShT and then move on to boba or DT. Don't bother with Krennic.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obiwansteel/collection/shoretrooper/

At 3* mine has 84k of health and protection combined. He laughs at the Wiggs special. I was going to start buying shards to get him up a couple of stars but he really doesn't need to be much better. He is never the reason that I lose in the arena and lasts more than long enough to protect my team. Go for him man, you will never look back. I went from 100-50 bracket to top 20 within a few days of slotting him into my then Palpatine led squad (only just switched to Zader) and I generally stay there most days. I've even made top 10 a few times on a November 2015 shard with some amazing teams at the top end. He's worth the investment.