Which arrow primary for shore trooper?

Protection, critical dodge or speed - what would you recommend?

Replies

• Options
    prot
  • Options
    Protection
  • Options
    His basic protection is incredible. You want to increase it as much as possible. So protection mods for "shore"
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Go for crit avoidance on any tank that doesn't depend on speed. Avoiding one crit from an attacker is already better then a bit more protection. Not to mention you prevent the ability bonus from that crit.
  • Options
    crit avoidance on a character whos skill is crit avoidance is kinda weird, no?
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »

Not really because Shore Trooper will get multiple hits before it's his turn. And he doesnt cast crit immunity on himself.
  • Options
    I don't think there is a single character that recommends a crit avoidance arrow.
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »

Yeah but it works on ShoreTrooper. If protection arrows weren't rarer drops than speed arrows I would probably use protection. My general rule of thumb for tanks like Shore, Baze, and SF I build as much protection and health as possible and as little speed as possible to prolong the taunt
  • Options
    Speed...
    U want him to get his taunt and crit immunity off asap...
  • Options
    Speed...
    U want him to get his taunt and crit immunity off asap...

Eh, speed on ShoreTrooper just means he loses his taunt faster and the crit immunity is best later in the fight after B2 has done his buff remover.
  • Options
    Shore is useless against b2, don't use em there because of buff immunity.
  • Saladius
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Speed.
    You better prefer a character that play rather than one who get dispelled and never play.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Shore is useless against b2, don't use em there because of buff immunity.

I use Rex against B2 with ShoreTrooper to cleanse that and it works 95% of the time
  • Options
    Protection
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Go for crit avoidance on any tank that doesn't depend on speed. Avoiding one crit from an attacker is already better then a bit more protection. Not to mention you prevent the bonus from that crit.

Yup, 1 protection primary (23.5%) "only" adds about ~7.5k protection. That's less than the difference in damage between crit and non-crit of most characters.
    However, alot of toons will crit regardless of crit avoid mods. Crit avoid does nothing vs the biggs tripple assist for example.
    I ran both and to be honest, without paying attention to it specifically, i didn't even notice a difference in survivability. Currently running a protection primary just because it looks cooler when i view the stats ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @leef True again Biggs special the crit avoidence mod is kinda useless. But thats the only exception. Wiggs are loosing ground these days anyways :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef True again Biggs special the crit avoidence mod is kinda useless. But thats the only exception. Wiggs are loosing ground these days anyways :wink:

i'm just trying to justify using prot mods because I love saying my shore has 98k HP :p
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Crit avoidance, because Shore survived the triple assault from Biggs already, and the difference for just a single crit make the trade off worthy.
  • Options
    Protection. Especially if you run Zarriss... he needs to get crit a lot by support toons so he can heal up fast.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    My Gear XI Shore has 6x Health Mods, Arrow is crit avoidance - but if Krenic works fine and i may Zeta his lead, i will think about Arrow with Protection, simply because Krenics +10% Protection restore should be a nice amount if your Shore crits.

Overall Gear X to XI was a huge bonus and finally my Shore is still alive after the first rounds at top10 arena.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Take Sun Fac who has the same role in a team: SF is way more annoying with crit avoidance than without.
  • crazycdog29
    281 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

If you are against a team that kills you by crits than there is always going to be something that guarantees, or almost guarantees, a crit so avoidance is not as good as prot. just as saying blocking one crit might win you the game, having that 7-10 k extra protection also might win it for you
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I don't think there is a single character that recommends a crit avoidance arrow.

It used to be Ahsoka, until they reworked Anakin. Crits would rip down her bonuses.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

If you are against a team that kills you by crits than there is always going to be something that guarantees, or almost guarantees, a crit so avoidance is not as good as prot. just as saying blocking one crit might win you the game, having that 7-10 k extra protection also might win it for you

lol, you're saying that IF crit avoid may win you the game, than having extra prot could also win you the game ^_^
    That is one solid argument!
    If your shore has 5k health left, gets hit with a 35k crit, both the prot or crit avoid mod are just as worthless. So might aswell equip speed :p
  • Options
    Protection all day! I have my ShT at 46k protection with his mods. He can take lot of dmg as result.
  • Options

Umm ok! Anyways tanks are last ones standing these days in arena anyways. So besides showing off, it really doesnt matter with arrow mod you use.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Protection, if your worried about crits use one of the many anti-crit characters/abilities that have seen recent use