A couple questions about gear

Hey guys just had some questions that I was hoping you could help me with.

1) is it always better to do the highest missions possible for gear? Like if I need a green piece should I do like 7f for it which costs more but maybe has a higher chance to drop it? Or do 2c which still has a chance to drop it but costs less energy?

2) does 3 stars matter other than once to sim the mission? Like if I get a 1 or 2 star do I get less rewards? Or a lower chance for the item drops?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Options
    If you want gear do the cheapest battle possible. Drop rates are the same for each color gear no matter what completely ridiculous, superstitious nonsense people spew. And stars don't matter at all except for what you say, ability to sim the battle.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    If you want gear do the cheapest battle possible. Drop rates are the same for each color gear no matter what completely ridiculous, superstitious nonsense people spew. And stars don't matter at all except for what you say, ability to sim the battle.

man, you take the fun out of farming! My 2-4-2-3 sim strategy is amazeballs!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Look for nodes, where you get the most needed gear from.

Let's say you can farm syringes for 8, but if you farm them for 10, you can also get another blue piece you really need.

Short sighted: cheapest node
    Long term: nodes with more than one needed gear
  • Options
    Interesting, I thought the order the equipment appeared in affected its drop rate chance lol
    I've always thought the higher item, the lower the chance.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks so much, just what I wanted to know
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    True or not, I tend to favor the highest level as my drop rate seems to be higher. Specifically when farming the holo-projector.

Can't wait to see the odds posted for the China vetsion!
    Post edited by Austin09370 on
  • Options
    The only thing about farming the lower nodes is you may run out of sim tickets
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

Let's say you can farm syringes for 8, but if you farm them for 10, you can also get another blue piece you really need.

You are right that if a node has multiple things you need that changes the equation. But after a while you end up with boat loads of low level stuff, and I usually only need one higher level item from any node. So to the OP's question if you're only going after one item it won't drop more often from a more expensive node.
    The only thing about farming the lower nodes is you may run out of sim tickets

I have thousands of sim tickets. Didn't know that was even an issue. But when I first started I just auto battled through nodes I needed to farm while I was doing something else to build up a cashe of sims. Easy to win on auto when you farm lower nodes too.
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

You can also get ship credits on higher energy nodes, and that's the main ship bottleneck, so I find it helpful to consider that when deciding where to farm gear.