How to Use STHan?

OzFrost
35 posts Member
edited January 2017
I'm level 65 I got him to 4* Haven't been able to use him much as he is so dam squishy. But everyone is using him what gives?

What do I need to do to use him effectively?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ozfrost/collection/

Replies

• Options
    Mostly I see him mod'ed up for speed ( as fast as possible from T5 HP mods ) along with an AoE team.
    Example,
    Biggs, Wedge, Fett, Lando
    Key being, having him go first ( which is why he is so mod'ed for speed ) pop his taunt, followed by Fett popping his ability block ( to keep him from getting disspelled ) and while the other team is killing off STH, your AoE team is unleashing AoE after AoE on the other team.
  • Options
    Maybe you need more levels/gear on him.

Let's say you ran Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, EP and ST Han. Biggs goes first with his special, ST Han goes next, taunts and gives 30% turn to everyone. Everytime the enemies hit him he will give 20% turn to all allies.

He is a bit squishy for a tank but the idea is that you'll kill everyone by the time he is dead.
  • Olim
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my ST Han was bad until I got him to gear lvl 8 and 6-7 stars. Apparently at gear lvl 9 he really becomes a beast, I'm not there yet. The turn meter manipulation is what makes him good, but I hope he's viable endgame because I can't afford baze =P
  • Options
    Squooshy Tooshy Han
  • Options
    well he is partly ment to die. is what gives all the TM to the rest of your team. just mod him up with HP, protection, and defense mods ^^ hope your team can drop the other one before he goes splat
  • Options
    He's basically a sacrificial lamb. Mine is at gear XI, lvl 85 modded with health and protection so he's not so squishy. Every hit he takes bumps his teammates' turn meters. He works great with an AOE team. I usually run him with Wiggs, Lando and either QGJ, Rey or RG. I'm working on getting my EP and Boba Fett up to snuff so I can run them too.
  • Options
    Dave011679 wrote: »
    He's basically a sacrificial lamb. Mine is at gear XI, lvl 85 modded with health and protection so he's not so squishy. Every hit he takes bumps his teammates' turn meters. He works great with an AOE team. I usually run him with Wiggs, Lando and either QGJ, Rey or RG. I'm working on getting my EP and Boba Fett up to snuff so I can run them too.

Can you take a look at my toons from my link above?
  • Options
    OzFrost wrote: »
    I'm level 65 I got him to 4* Haven't been able to use him much as he is so dam squishy. But everyone is using him what gives?

What do I need to do to use him effectively?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ozfrost/collection/

He's totally useless until you get him to high gear levels. He's more a turn meter manipulator than a wall.

Mod for speed so you go first pop the taunt and give all your toons a 30% turn meter buff. At the same time his passive has a chance to cut enemy turn meter.

He's no longer really meta in my opinion because he is outsped and countered by too much - tfp can block him and immunity buff, boba can ability block, b2 can remove the taunt constantly.

I still run him but his days are numbered methinks
  • Options
    Pretty much an irrelevant character now - his only use was to go first, taunt and draw fire while wiggydo did aoe stuff. Now, with characters like Sun Fac having a cleanse on their basic, or with some great counters, he's just too weak to do his job.

If I'm facing that team, I use IGD as a lead on my jedis. The first aoe will almost always trigger enough counters to kill Han.
  • Options
    Sun Fac is STHan’s nemesis, no doubt about that.
    But on the other hand, he is great at exploiting retaliating toons like Baze / Fives.
    Taunt + TM, then other toons attack baze or even better – AOE, and Baze just feeds TM through STH.
    But only on high gear lvl, otherwise he is just TM up guy and youre better off with Phasma..

• Options
    STHan is for TM manipulation. You want him to be as tanky as possible, you don't care about his basic dmg, you only care about his speed, hp and protection. He has to live as long as possible and taunt. Be aware of dispell, because STHan's taunt endures 3 turns, only if not dispelled. In this case RG is better - he taunts automatically.
  • Options
    Speed. He'll always be squishy for a tank but he's there for TM manipulation. Gives the squad a boost when he taunts and he when he gets hit. I ran him in the arena for my first 3 months in the game.

I benched him for a while in favor of stronger tanks. However I just brought him back. He works great under zeta Maul.
  • Options
    Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Speed. He'll always be squishy for a tank but he's there for TM manipulation. Gives the squad a boost when he taunts and he when he gets hit. I ran him in the arena for my first 3 months in the game.

I benched him for a while in favor of stronger tanks. However I just brought him back. He works great under zeta Maul.

I would agree with that. Using him in my maul squad as well and he is performing. The TM manipulation is key as many have stated. Stack health, protection and maybe some crit avoidance, but speed is his best friend.
    ZMaul (L), Vader, EP, STH & ZBoba. An auto taunter may be preferable, but shoretrooper still needs some love.
    T Pain
  • Options
    Sth is fine. But only vs chaze. Then baze just becomes a tm-feeder.

You being in a young shard its possible you might skip the chaze meta all together. Then there are better options.