Idea for Ally Coin

RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited February 2017
I first want to say that I enjoy tournaments, and this post is meant to build off them for the future.

As many know, the issue is some people have a hoard of coin (well over 1mil) and others are just breaking the 500k mark after splurging in the latest tourney. My proposal is to add ALL previous, and future tourney characters to Bronzium packs.

The idea is to give players the choice to spend their bank attempting to 7* the character they want specifically (chirrut, jyn etc.) Or to save their bank for the next character release. This will in essence level the playing field and create diversity at the top of the tourney leader boards.

What do you think folks?

Would you spend your coins on the chance you get these exclusives, or would you continue to hoard for each tourney?

If not, what would you propose?
Post edited by RJ__Brando on

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I would be a button mashing fool!
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Nice thought but they'd never add those characters to bronzium, unless they gave them a .000000001% chance to drop one shard, the whole toon would be a lot worse odds.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Nice thought but they'd never add those characters to bronzium, unless they gave them a .000000001% chance to drop one shard, the whole toon would be a lot worse odds.

Agreed, I'm not proposing a high drop rate...but a CHANCE and another viable option to spend ally coin. The issue is that ally coin currently has one sole purpose, and until there is another option in place to tempt players to spend their coins, tournaments will continue to be the same players in 1st month by month
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

So the same drop rate for cuffs. ;)
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

So the same drop rate for cuffs. ;)

Hahaha pretty much, although I was 6 shards short of 6* my teebo and got 17 shards out of bronzium today, so it was helpful for once, oh and got full unlock of ima gun di, best pull I've had since getting a whole boba months ago before his rework.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Another idea for ally coins is intra guild battles. Let me test out how good that bh team really is.
  • Options
    It would be interesting if they replaced refresh costs for mods hard nodes or shipments etc. with ally coin
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Another idea for ally coins is intra guild battles. Let me test out how good that bh team really is.

I would quickly have 0 coin left
  • Options
    I like this. But it may get in the way of my quest to 12* ewok scout through bronziums.
  • Options
    Can we also implement a way for people to spend more than just 250 ally coins at a time?
  • Gazza1988
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Create a "silverium" (terrible name) pack that cost 1000 ally coins with better stuff and none of the gear most people have 100s of?

Or at least make multiplies of the bronzium so I can buy and use 10 or so packs at once for example.

• Options
    Create a "silverium" (terrible name) pack that cost 1000 ally coins with better stuff and none of the gear most people have 100s of?
    Or at least make multiplies of the bronzium so I can buy and use 10 or so packs at once for example.

I agree with this plan but not these plans but I'm not that head over heels with the name