Raid rewards - difference between a 0-score and anyting else?

We race through our Rancor T7 raids in 30 minutes, so we have a 24 hours 0 damage period before we set the damage free. During that period a lot of players makes a 0 damage run to get access to rewards even if they miss out on the real raid.

BUT. A few days ago a read that rewards for 0 damage always was lowest prize tier. Is that true?

In other words, if I place 25th will my rewards be equal no matter if my score was 0 or 1? If it matters, then if only 25 participate, is the lowest prize tier 25th place or 50th?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    We race through our Rancor T7 raids in 30 minutes, so we have a 24 hours 0 damage period before we set the damage free. During that period a lot of players makes a 0 damage run to get access to rewards even if they miss out on the real raid.

BUT. A few days ago a read that rewards for 0 damage always was lowest prize tier. Is that true?

In other words, if I place 25th will my rewards be equal no matter if my score was 0 or 1? If it matters, then if only 25 participate, is the lowest prize tier 25th place or 50th?

Thanks in advance!

if only 25th participate, the last one would get in the #21-30 reward bracket.

What experience shows is that its more of a RNG based thing (although one could argue that over a long period of time one could see a difference) than where you finish.

What I mean by that is sometimes one can get a fully crafted stun gun or cuffs placing 40 while the first only gets pieces of salvage. In other words, people placing first aren't necessarily getting better rewards than someone placing 20th for example.
  • Options
    Whoever wrote that was wrong.
    If you placed 25th with 0 score, you still get prizes for the 25th place.
    Tie breaker among 0 scores is player ID.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    25th place will result in #21 - 30 price tier rewards, whether it's with a 0 score, 1mil score, 25 participants or 50 participants.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm really happy it was wrong. It was just written like it was common knowledge and no one challenged it (and I cannot find the post any more).

Thank you!
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Whoever wrote that was wrong.
    If you placed 25th with 0 score, you still get prizes for the 25th place.
    Tie breaker among 0 scores is player ID.

I can understand the decision originally to rank by player ID with ties because they probably never envisioned some guilds would have 95% of the members posting 0 through the whole raid but they clearly know most guilds do it now. They really need to change it.

It's sad that guilds need to manually deal with this issue for such a long time especially given Rancor was broken with their game design change (potency mods).
  • Options
    They really need to fix bugs first.
    You know, make the game work how it is supposed to - how they wanted it to.
    Not how the players want it to.