Please clarify Biggs' Unique

Adrenaline Rush- Biggs Darklighter gains 100% TM and Evasion up for 4 turns after surviving any damage from an Empire enemy or a critical hit from any enemy.

The way I'm reading it is he should gain 100% TM every time an Empire enemy hits him. Is this correct? I noticed in GW that he did not gain the TM when attacked by TFP, but did gain it when attacked by other Empire characters.

I must have misunderstood. Can someone please clarify?

Here's a vid I recorded of the battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTAKiQ2JgZM

@scuba @SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Options
    Known bug.
  • Options
    Known bug.

I want my Chewie shards back, dang it! :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yup know bug. Will also happen vs shore trooper.

Here is the reason...
    someone forgot to tag shoretrooper and tie fighter pilot damage as "empire_damage"

Screenshots of the mechanics
    Biggs Adrenaline Rush (showing "empire_tag" will trigger the effect):
    IAUJDmF.png

Darth Vader Basic (with the proper "empire_damage"
    tag)
    wJIs4xX.png

Shore trooper basic (missing "empire_damage"
    tag)
    o79spxD.png

TFP basic (missing "empire_damage"
    tag)
    yjXbS6q.png

TFP AoE (missing "empire_damage"
    tag)
    2PvdprM.png

Has been acknowledged by the Kozi.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/847298/#Comment_847298
  • Options
    Unmm...for one your shot landed buff immunity. How is this a bug?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Unmm...for one your shot landed buff immunity. How is this a bug?

Buff immunity doesn't stop TM gain. It will stop the evasion up.
  • Options
    So his unique is being classed as buff rather than a constant. I see
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    hmm, so if they have a tag for projectile attack, does that mean one day lightsaber users will be able to deflect some of them?
  • Options
    Okay, thanks everyone. I run TFP in arena so this info will certainly help shape my strategy against Wiggs teams going forward.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone. I run TFP in arena so this info will certainly help shape my strategy against Wiggs teams going forward.

Just make sure you don't crit Biggs with TFP or he'll obviously still gain TM.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    So his unique is being classed as buff rather than a constant. I see

Maybe what you think and what you want it to be but it is not true.
    TM gain is not a buff therefore it is not stopped by buff immunity.

What the video the OP posted where after TFP lands Buff immunity when vader uses his force crush biggs gains 100%TM and goes before TFP, RG, Sid, and EP who all had more TM then biggs before the force crush.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    hmm, so if they have a tag for projectile attack, does that mean one day lightsaber users will be able to deflect some of them?

That would be cool!
  • Options
    I actually think this is WAI and isn't a bug.

Biggs unique gives him 100% 'chance'. Its RNG - there's a 'chance' it won't work. Like stuns etc
  • Options
    So under Zader there is a chance to proc unresistable 20% tm down. Haven't paid much attention but how does that work with Biggs? Does Biggs gain 100% TM regardless if an empire hits him? and the Zader lead is completely nullified? Or if Vader TMR procs, do the two abilities meet in the middle and Biggs gets 80% tm?

All disregarding potential TFP bug that is...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Biggs unique gives him 100% 'chance'. Its RNG - there's a 'chance' it won't work. Like stuns etc

No, that's not what it does. It's simply because TFP and Shoretrooper didn't actually get tagged as dealing Empire damage.
    Looking at swgoh.gg Krennic and DT seem to have gotten the correct empire_damage tag for their attacks, so it should just be TFP and Shoretrooper that do this until they fix them.
  • Options

Vertigo wrote: »
    No, that's not what it does. It's simply because TFP and Shoretrooper didn't actually get tagged as dealing Empire damage.

If they aren't tagged as empire damage, then how are they reducing tm under Zader?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Man, stop being so dense. This has been explained in detail already. And the devs have acknowledged it is a bug.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/85955/adrenaline-rush-biggs-does-not-proc-on-empire-hits
  • Options
    Perhaps tagged as 'empire_ally' going by that logic
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

If they aren't tagged as empire damage, then how are they reducing tm under Zader?

What the above post said. https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-vader/ability/inspiring-through-fear
    The ability is based on empire ally affiliation, not on empire damage. If it was based on damage,
    1) TFP and Shore wouldn't remove TM
    2) TFP's basic might not actually remove TM from debuffed enemies but only ones that actually took damage.(?)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Read the ability
    "Biggs Darklighter gains 100% Turn Meter and evasion Up for 3 turns after surviving any damage from an Empire enemy or Critical Hit from any enemy."
    wWd9CMc.png

negative effects (TMR and debuffs), except tenacity down and others as stated, are resistible so that is why some that have 100% chance do not always land because they can be resisted.

Positive effects are not resistible, even if they were you don't see resisted when he doesn't gain the TM. So not even close to WAI.

Also CG agrees with me that it is broke for the reason I initially listed above.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/847298/#Comment_847298