Pack 45 * T5 Training droid 30% discount

Prev1
Hi,

I would like to understand what is your original price for this 30% discount because if we look at the game, we can buy 7 * T5 training droid for 60 Crystals which make a price of 8.5714 Crytals per droid.

The current 45 * T5 Droid pack is at 380 Crytal price which make 8.4444 Crytals per Droid.

If you compare 8.5714 and 8.4444 there is only 1.5% discount compare to the nomal price. So I don't know where you find your 30% discount....

Normal price is 8.5714, with 30% discount it make 6 crsytals per droid so the 45 pack should be at 270 crystal...

Can you please correct this quickly because this pack have a short life duration.

Replies

• Options
    Where is your answer EA ? We are waiting for an solution !
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like to have an answer, this is why i up this topic.

IF you do that in the real life shop you just get a scandal. I spend lot of money in this game, but i decided to stop spending some until i receive an answer.

There is a full conversation where users are complaining about that.

You cannot just ignore us without answer. I saw some users want reimbursement for their pack for this false 30% discount.
  • Options
    The 30% off is taking into account the amount of Crystals required to refresh the shipments page to repeatedly purchase the 7 5* Training Droids.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    I try to count. I buy one package for 60 Crystals and have to refresh 6 Times for 45 Droids. I spent 7*60 and 6*50 Crystals also 720 Crystals for 49 Droids. That is 1 Droid for 14,69 Crystals. -30% 10,28 * 45 = 460 Crystals. I think your answer ist not correct. We Player think we get a Discount on the shipment Price and EA made mistake. The Support Hotline said on Friday the know about this Problem and there will be an solution for the Players. I hope EA will act correctly here
  • Options
    Just an fyi on this; i have not seen this so called "deal" since it was announced. Nothing new has shown up in my store. Is this like the early daily crystal subs, you are only rolling it out to some players? I personally do not care about this particular offer, but if every other offer repeatedly is NOT showing up for some players, that is just plain unfair. (Located in EU, Norway).
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    First of all Thank for taking time to answering to us EA_Jesse. I know you should have lot of work.

That said i join CarBu, your explanation is definitively not correct. To be clear if 380 crystal is 30% discount the original price should be 542.85 crystal (let's say 543).

In shipments page in order to get 45/7=6.42 so you need 7 refresh to get more than 45 so let say we will do only 6 refresh.
    6*50 = 300 crystals just for refresh
    60*6 = 360 crystal to buy 6 package of 7 droid (that will make a total of 42 droid)
    Proportionaly the price for 45 droid should be (660*45)/42= 707.14).

So right now we are less that 45 droid for a price of 660 (or 45 droid for 707.14) which is different of supposed 100% price (543).

If i want to go further, i will say, following your explanation, i would like EA to adjust the price of the Droid pack in the Shipments page to the supposed based price which mean this supposed price should be 34.46 Crystal and not 60.

we have real price 707.14 for 45 Droid and your supposed real price according your explanation 543 for 45 droid. If i do the reverse calcul:
    543*42/45=506.8 (which will be the price for 6 pack of 7 droid + refresh.
    6 refresh => 6*50 = 300 so the 6 pack of 7 droid price should be 506.8-300=206.8
    So one pack is : 206.8/6 = 34.46

So your explanation is definitively not right. I am pretty sure that you just repeat what we give you as explanation, but as you can see here for a second time EA is taking the players/customers for stupid peoples. But we know the basic math rules.

We just need to coherent explanation or if not then correct your offer to have it reflecting the reality.

Also i am not sure that legally your explanation will be correct because the refresh cost is not directly part of the Droid price (i need to check for this). Or you should announce that the refresh is included.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The 30% off is taking into account the amount of Crystals required to refresh the shipments page to repeatedly purchase the 7 5* Training Droids.

Sorry @EA_Jesse but this is garbage reasoning to list the price at 30% off. As @Redg mentioned, even if you consider shipment refreshes as part of your "cost" the math still doesn't add up.

I hate that you guys at CG/EA try to justify all of your blatant cash grabs with poorly explained excuses.

One of two things had to have happened:
    1. Whoever came up with the discount price did so incorrectly and input the wrong price for the droid pack. (A true 30% off discount would have been 49 T5 Training Droids for 294 Crystals)
    2. Whoever came up with the pricing wanted us to think purchasing the droid pack was a better deal than it actually was.

Frankly, based upon CG/EA's prior communication about changes that directly affect the value of our purchases I'm leaning towards the latter. But it would be great if you guys could prove us wrong and actually adjust the crystal cost of the droid pack to be 30% off.

That said, I don't even see this freaking droid pack. I am on Android and one of my guild members said this might be an ios exclusive pack. That in and of itself needs to be looked at because it's silly to make an exclusive droid pack for ios and make the actual savings of the pack only 1.5%.
    Post edited by oTradeMark on
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I also do not see this deal in the store or shipments or anywhere in the game and haven't had it since I started playing like a month ago. Apparently, as of jan 29, 2016 at the last, many other players have this option. Why do some get these special discounts and others do not? Is that the only deal you all receive or do you have others also?

@EA_Jesse Could you please explain why myself and at least one other in this thread are not offered these deals. Seems unfair for some players to get more benefits than others, unless they were paying and I know that is not the case because I have spent real money on this game and do not have this deal in my store.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

@EA_Jesse

Do you guys/gals see how manipulative this advertising is and how it might upset the community?

Sure the community rages over some of the silliest things, but with something like this there is a legitimate reason to be mad. Not to mention why would anyone want to rush a character that fast? Without the farmed gear the character would be near useless in almost all circumstances, not to mention the credits required to get them to level up. Percentage wise I would say it is less than 1.5% of players.

This is what has people up in arms:

1) Those "smart" enough would never buy this as they know it is a rip off.
    2) It is an insult to whales who want to pay for an advantage but are getting gouged for this.
    3) Those who don't realize they are getting ripped off because they don't realize it isn't a true 30% discount probably because they are new and are not familiar with all of the prices.

I don't want to add to the insane levels of vitriol that is being spewed in the forums recently, but this package has just fed the fire.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    This is incredible logic from the devs. Wow!
  • Options
    That's like saying your 5 pack of cereal is 30% off, but only if you account for the gas money you spent driving to the supermarket 5 separate times!!
  • Options
    That's like saying your 5 pack of cereal is 30% off, but only if you account for the gas money you spent driving to the supermarket 5 separate times!!

And on your way to the supermarket, the toll booth starts charging more money because you already went through the toll booth in the last 6 hours!!
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand this cereal metaphor. What would it be like if it was bourbon?
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse I really like to have an explanation, and a logic one.
    My basic formation is dev, so i can tell you this kind of issue should have been solved in few seconds. There is nothing major to change this.

And what i see is that EA is just totally ignoring the community. And continue to think money money, and we will never ever get and answer or it will be too late.

What do we need to do ?
    i will suggest the community to spam the support every day, even more with a new bug or issue report until we finally get an explanation.

Please provide us a real answer and please let us know that you read us and you are working on it (which is very very long because it's a very very minor bug).

And the funny thing, this morning i got a popup windows telling HEY new droid pack for 30% discount (i never get it before), that again the proof that EA just wants our money.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Raise the price 200 crystals and tell everyone it's now a 90% discount.

Please.
  • Options
    Came here because of the reddit thread that brought this issue to light.

IMHO this deal was misrepresented and should have been better communicated/displayed. I do appreciate the discount but the 'hidden'* cost of the refreshes seems a bit underhanded. Please communicate in-game the actual cost of said item and its discount.

* This is the first game I've played that has a cost to refreshing and thus it was NOT accounted for when I examined the product's discount. In other words, it does not appear to be discounted at all!
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Yes and the pack is coming to the end and still no answer from EA.

@EA_Jesse we are not COWs we need answer.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    and you shall receive only the answer you have gotten thus far. whomever came up with this "deal", that only some people even have the privilege of being ripped off by, is a real heel.
  • Options
    I still have never even seen this offer available for purchase.... luckily I'm not missing out on anything aside from a 1.5% discounted garbage deal.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    @oTradeMark It seems as far as i understand on this forum that only IOS users got it, nit Android. Are you on Android?

Anyway this point has not been explained by @EA_Jesse or dev team too.

We are still waiting for an answer.
    I will start to open multiple case to the support... may be i will have an explanation
  • Options
    I did contact the live support today, and to be honest i am not 100% satisfied by the answer but they told me that we will definitively got an answer on the forum (after EA took the money and Crystal during 1 week to other player).

So i will keep waiting. And i keep a copy of this conversation also in case of need.

So @EA_Jesse we are waiting for you now.

• Options
    We are still waiting for an answer EA

• Options
    EA is the KING of micro transactions and greed. just look at what they do w/ console games they release on ps4 . . .
  • Options
    So...

The droid bundle is over now?

Sweet, didn't get access to it on Android and didn't ever get the price corrected to a true 30% discount.
  • Options
    The reasoning behind the 30% discount is simply a shady business tactic, done for the sole purpose of making the item more appealing. This, combined with raising the price on the crystal subscription pack, sends a clear message to the player base: Give us more money!
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree it's a shady business tactic, but even using the reasoning Jesse gave as including the cost of refreshes the math of being a 30% discount is incorrect.

45 Droids with refreshes (7 bundles of 7 droids for 60 crystals each + 6 refreshes for 50 crystals each) would cost ~661.22 crystals for an equivalent 45 crystals, so having a bundle for 380 crystals would actually be ~43% off. They didn't use that percentage which is why I said that one of the following has happened:

A. They got the price wrong and it's supposed to be less

or

B. They magically made up some deal (30% discount) to make the package look like a more enticing deal than it actually is (1.5% discount)
  • Options
    Exactly. It's obvious they messed up/hoped nobody would notice and tried to justify their "deal" after the fact. Oh well, what can you do?
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Legal recommendation for false adverse and get reimbursement. Until now i was asked to wait for an answer but it seems providing and answer by forum or direct chat is too difficult.

I will continue to up this topic and i will contact live support again and again.
  • Options
    And we are still waiting
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

And he disappears from this thread, never to be heard from again........