Pack 45 * T5 Training droid 30% discount

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I saved up crystals and bought 3 of the 30% off "deal" thinking I was saving in the long run...I don't waste my crystals on refreshing in the first place...so I got No Discount in reality?!?!

I'll give you back the droids if I can have my crystals back!!!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Thought I put the topic up, cause I d like an answer to that too
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today and I realized that shipment refreshes actually cost increasingly more crystals, so if they were taking the crystal refresh cost into consideration the discount would actually be much more than 30%.

The more I think about it the more I feel that one of two things happened:
    1. They made a mistake and entered the crystal cost incorrectly. (A true 30% off discount would have been 49 T5 Training Droids for 294 Crystals)
    2. They intentionally listed the price and discount in such a way that they wanted us to think purchasing a droid pack was a better deal than it actually was.

I want to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but with the lack of communication about certain issues I can't say it's easy...
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this today and I realized that shipment refreshes actually cost increasingly more crystals, so if they were taking the crystal refresh cost into consideration the discount would actually be much more than 30%.

The more I think about it the more I feel that one of two things happened:
    1. They made a mistake and entered the crystal cost incorrectly. (A true 30% off discount would have been 49 T5 Training Droids for 294 Crystals)
    2. They intentionally listed the price and discount in such a way that they wanted us to think purchasing a droid pack was a better deal than it actually was.

I want to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but with the lack of communication about certain issues I can't say it's easy...

With the recent stealth nurf to Poe, I can no longer give CG/EA the benefit of the doubt. They've 100% lost my trust. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope they can redeem themselves but I severely doubt it.
  • GeofRiv
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @D_Millennial +1, the fact that they make all announcement in a forum show me that they don't care at all, how hard is to make a pop up
  • Options
    Ouch, I didn't do the maths and bought several of these now I feel like o have been duped massively.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse Could you slither back and respond to this thread?
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Any update on this topic we are still waiting for a real answer !!

I will contact live support again tomorrow
  • Options
    And still waiting
  • Options
    I have to say. Im upset about this. I bought a few of these. And figured, a big company like EA, has a team of lawyers that would keep them from making mistakes like this. Seems to me there was no mistake. I purchased these in good faith. I guess I really do need to pay more attention in the future when making purchases from EA. Clearly they are ok with stretching the truth to drive sales.
  • Options
    I did not get time to contact live support that promess me that the forum will provide and answer and i saved the conversation. I will try to contact them the next coming days
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Devour wrote: »
    EA_Jesse Could you slither back and respond to this thread?

"Slither"? That's pretty rude.
    The answer is on the first page. What else do you want him to say? I'm sure this deceptive "discount" wasn't his idea, he's just the messenger.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    @Qeltar Sorry but the answer provided is totally out of the reality, if you read the other post the answer provided is nothing else than blablabla...

We never said that @EA_Jesse has this idea or something like that. The only problem is that he never ever cameback to us with a correct answer after we show him/her that the provided answer is once again false.

Also the live support did confirm me that we will get an answer on the forum, we are still waiting.
  • Options
    And in the previous event with the keycards and using 50 energy to play and win the training droids from battle, we could accumulate training droids at a cheaper rate than buying them from shipments.

I never really thought about it and didn't do the math, I trusted their marketing on this new 30% off droids deal. I bought about 10 of these new "30%" off deals...

lol oh well, they got me! Makes me think twice about buying any more stuff. I've spent about $700 so far but will be hesitant from now on. :/