Zeta droprate

I finished the Zeta challenge on December the 24th.
To date I've farmed 16.
After all the effort I've put into ships(I don't even enjoy the gameplay to slow and buggy)
It seems a terrible waste of time.
I'm now having to buy my Zeta at the expense of ships rank.
I'm finished with ships.

Replies

• Options
    Amen. Nothing to add.
  • Options
    Yes I feel I summed it up
  • Options
    I've only unlocked zetas last week and i have 7. Not so bad.

First day:
    Second day:
    Third day:
    Fourth day (today):

• Options
    I got,3 the first day. Then none for 2weeks. Then 2 a week average.
    Give it time
  • Options
    18 of 20 drop rate.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Only been farming them for 3 weeks and i almost have my second zeta.
  • Options
    ive gotten 4 in the last 3 weeks, total bull
  • Options
    Wow! Some incredibly lucky people in here! I'm 6/14 so far and have never seen one of those instances where it drops 2 zetas in 1 challenge attempt...
  • irafreak
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Um who sims the challenge and who plays it? I get zetas everytime...as in at least 1 of 2 challenges but often 2 or 3 each day of the challenge. I have to play it everytime. I've only been able to 2 star it once...and I lose often.

And I've had 2 zeta drop in a single battle at least twice...I've only had the challenge un locked for about two weeks. Last challenge on Sunday I got 3 that day
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    in the last 3 challenges I've gotten 2/0 2/0 and 1/0

• Options
    I got 3 out of 4 zetas drop today! Was so excited!! (1 then 2)!!
  • Options
    Did the challenge for the first time last night and I farmed 3. I didn't know you can get 2 just from one sim.
  • Options
    Been doing the challenge for a while now. Already got one character zeta-ed. And now have enough for a second one though this time around also got some from fleet store (maybe about 4-5?)

I got 2 Zetas today.
    Last time, got 3 (which was a first I think).
    The one before that, i got 0... and generally seemed to not get as many Zetas as before...

Hoping RNG's new-found love for me continues.
  • Options
    13 so far, one challenge left :(
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I mean if you stay in the top 200 in fleet and save your tokes and buy 20 zeta mats in 34 days. That's not a long time in this game really.
  • Options
    My drop rate plummeted after I finished my first Zeta. Went from 3-4 a week to 5 total in the last 3 weeks
  • Options
    0/12 for me so far
  • Options
    Just unlocked the Zeta tier of the challenge. Unfortunately I can't beat it anyway. Not sure why they bother putting a restriction on it when it's that hard to begin with.
  • Options
    I am right there with you, these Ships take to much resources, to much time, the drop rates are terrible, the challenges are too hard, personally wish they never came into the game, this is right up there for being just as BAD as tournaments!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think Ships would be more enjoyable if the main game wasn't become so dependent upon Zeta abilities. You cannot overlook Zeta abilities if you want to be competitive in Arena or Heroic AAT, can't do it. Unfortunately, the drop rate for the Zetas in the Materials Challenge is atrocious. This week's update for the First Order and of course Krennic and Death Trooper was excellent, but again very Zeta heavy on this update. I'm fine with something being challenging, but once you meet that challenge you should be rewarded for it and the reward is very inconsistent. We should be awarded a minimum of one per attempt, and possibly add a 3rd attempt to the challenge as are done with the Training Droid, Ability Mats, and Bounty Hunter challenges. That would give us 9 per week and take just over 2 weeks to be complete one Zeta ability. This would allow us to maintain some pace with the new Zeta abilities and we can stop spending Fleet currency on Zetas and actually buy Ships with it and possibly enjoy that piece of the game which is currently not even remotely exciting.

Please consider balancing this better.

@EA_Jesse
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I have started saving all my fleet currency for zetas as well after I went three weeks without getting a single one. I am waiting until it cuts over to challenges tonight before I try do my 0/2 attempts.
  • Options
    i got 0 drops in 3 weeks. totaly frustrating...
  • Options
    Same for me drop rate is 1 for 10
  • Options
    These zetas are making me mad lately. The fact that I do the challenges and keep getting 0/4 or if I'm lucky 1/4 is really making it hard to want to continue this game.

Not only was zader "fixed" so he is no good in arena now but that zeta that took months to get is now wasted on him. Don't care about rancor raid. So now as I need a new one all I do is get more and more frustrated when they don't drop, and if one does all I think about is where to use it that isn't "subject to change" at a later date.
  • Options
    Day before I got zader last week it felt like Christmas morning when I was a little kid.

Day of update I felt like game pooped on me and now it's a struggle to want to play again. I love the players here which is only thing fun about game now and isn't frustrating.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's frustrating as hell. Seeing some forum members getting high drop rates, and I know they're not trolling as some guild mates are getting really good drop rates too, all the while your going 5 from a possible 44. I've purchased 11 while I've farmed 5 and I'm still behind guild mates, arena shards mates and ship shard mates. Some of them are farming there 3rd zeta. Wth.

They should just make it 1 each time like omega battles and take rng out of the equation on something that takes a lot of time effort and resources to farm.

But hey ho. I'll carry on
  • Options
    Sometimes I think I shoul've just farmed zetas in the store. It is taking forever to get my ships to 5*. Need about 15-20 shards for each ship. I farm only ship shards in fleet, GW and even farming Plo in cantina and I still feel far away. Once I get my ships to 5* I'll just be farming zetas in the store.
  • Options
    I have gotten 2 out of a possible 24, very very frustrating . I spent a lot of time and resources building a fleet and my only real option is to buy them . In the same time period a guildie has gotten 20. Seriously inconsistent drop rates . If they weren't so vital to arena success it wouldn't be such a big deal.
  • Options
    The RNG for this seems very random indeed. My experience has been 3 over 4 runs (2 in first, none in second and third and 1 in fourth). That's nice and before too long I'll have either Zader or Zaul but with this RNG it could be a lot longer than anticipated.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The first day I unlocked and three-starred this challenge on my first attempts, I got 0/2.

Now, I've had zero drops the past two days the challenge was up. I honestly don't get it; why not make it high or even 100%? What does EA have to gain financially by making it low since they can only be obtained from fleet shipments outside of challenges and there's no way to increase your fleet tokens by spending (well, other than building your ships and toons to get a higher rank, but that's hardly practical)? It feels as if I worked hard for nothing and that's just ridiculous.

On the plus side, it makes me glad I didn't pay to rush those five DS ships and eight 5* ships.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.