Kylo Ren unique mechanics

I'd like some specific details on the offense and defense stacking effects that Kylo Ren gets.
So every time he is damaged outside of his turn he gets an effect stack and these all expire at the end of his turn. When he is damaged by dots or counterattacks, do the stacks also expire at the end of this turn or do they continue until the end of his next turn? From looking at the mechanics on swgoh.gg, it seems it would expire after his attack and after any counterattacks. Just want a confirmation.

Replies

• Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bump rereading the mechanics it says the effect stacks expire on a full turn, so what constitutes as a full turn? Having the stack effects applied by a dot or counterattack would be after the start of the turn hence the offense defense stack was not around for a full turn. Or could it be "full turn complete" is same as end of turn. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    I don't have Kylo, but I can tell you that DoT damage is dealt before the start of the character's turn.
    From Unstoppable's description, that means each DoT on him always equals 1 stack during his turn (ie, doesn't afftect his own retribution) and 1 chance to recharge his specials.
    If he is countered, the stacks he gets from taking that damage should remain until his next turn, even though the counters hit him before his turn ends.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Full turn completion is basically end of next turn.

So while is sitting there with retribution every counter should do more damage because he should gain 15% more offense from the attack that triggered the counter.
    Also since dots trigger at start of his turn they should also stack for the upcoming attack.

Now if he hits someone and then gets counter attack he will most likely not get the benefit of the counter attack because it will happen during the full turn and he will lose the buffs at full turn complete.

GK taunt is good example of full turn complete

He gains taunt when ever an ally is crit hit and loses it at the end of his next turn.
  • Options
    Thanks scuba I was wondering how full turn completion is counted in this game. One thing of note is Royal guard skewed my perspective with his 1 turn taunt, but according to mechanics it's actually for 2 turns
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks scuba I was wondering how full turn completion is counted in this game. One thing of note is Royal guard skewed my perspective with his 1 turn taunt, but according to mechanics it's actually for 2 turns

Yes rg is set to 2x turn start. He will actually lose his at the start of second turn.