Death trooper not performing

I did 3 battles using death trooper today in squad arena.
He failed to dispel positive effects as well as failed to apply death mark with his terminate special.

My death trooper is g10 with strong mods and i am wondering if this is normal or if he is experiencing some bugs?

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Adding this to our content to review for next week, but also nudging this to the proper place. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    I did 3 battles using death trooper today in squad arena.
    He failed to dispel positive effects as well as failed to apply death mark with his terminate special.

My death trooper is g10 with strong mods and i am wondering if this is normal or if he is experiencing some bugs?

He is so bugged it's gross
  • Options
    I'll test some more, but I've yet to see either of these, running Drennic in GW.
  • Options
    I also noticed today he has a graphical error. He does not emit a shadow which makes him look as though he is floating on the battle field
  • Options
    For a character that your charging $1000 usd for you would think all this should have been tested and fixed prior to release.

GG
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bump, I can confirm his dispell works like poo, hence doesn't dispell all buffs as it states.
  • Options
    Day 3 in squad arena update.

The grenade appears to be working as intended. Characters can dodge the grenade resulting in no buffs being stripped.
    Also if a general kenobi is present and does not have buff immunity he will often gain taunt after grenade which appears to make him ignore the grenade debbuff.

Second after re reading terminate. A character must have already died before he will inflict death mark.

And death mark is crazy powerful.

However the graphical issue still seems present in that death trooper does not emit a shadow
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya, and happy Monday!
    In regards to Death Trooper not casting a shadow, there is already a bug in which will be fixed in a future update.
    In regards to Deathmark not applying, Deathmark only applies on a character if there are any defeated units. Our team tested Death Trooper's ability "Terminate" after an enemy was defeated and it did apply Deathmark.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Thank you for responding kozispoon.
    I noted in my last post that i had misread the terminate ability.

Terminate and the grenade are working as intended. And his primary works as intended.
    Its awesome against rebels.

I am really enjoying playing the character he is way cool.

I am glad you all released them for us to use.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is a bug, but DT never clears Kenobi taunt. I'm not sure if a grenade crit triggers GK autotaunt, but that seems backwards. His grenade should be clearing all buffs not helping the opposition to add a buff
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a bug, but DT never clears Kenobi taunt. I'm not sure if a grenade crit triggers GK autotaunt, but that seems backwards. His grenade should be clearing all buffs not helping the opposition to add a buff

Dispel happens before damage. So if DT crits any other character with the AoE damage GK will regain taunt.

1. GK is taunting
    2. DT uses DT grenade
    3. GK Taunt is dispeled
    4. DT grenade deals Crit damage to any character other than GK (if they had crit immunity it was also dispelled in step 3)
    5. That other character gains Crit immunity and GK gains taunt.

Same thing happens if you use it vs stealth sith. if it crits it will send them back into stealth.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @scuba

You make an important point here on Trooper, and why I find him pretty much useless as is. He has a relatively high base CC at 37% and his unique is tied to his ability to crit (health regen). I've noticed (when used) exactly what you describe happens the vast majority of the time. This negates the value of his debuff and in effect turns it against you.

Yes the same could be argued for Baze, however his base CC from memory is around 29%.

Xio
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    @scuba

You make an important point here on Trooper, and why I find him pretty much useless as is. He has a relatively high base CC at 37% and his unique is tied to his ability to crit (health regen). I've noticed (when used) exactly what you describe happens the vast majority of the time. This negates the value of his debuff and in effect turns it against you.

Yes the same could be argued for Baze, however his base CC from memory is around 29%.

yup. I have modded baze to add 0% CC from mods same with B2 for this exact reason. Granted B2 can drop buff immunity and prevent it but was better to minmize chance.
  • Options
    Using Echo's dispel feels equally worthless lol. Enemies nowadays tend to come out of the turn with more buffs than they started with haha....