Best team I have ever faced in GW

Today I fought someone arena team in GW that I can only describe as extreme, and also very well thought out. I won, but I had to suicide squad a team of high powered glass cannons and then clean up with my main squad.

So here it was:
Lumi (lead)
Storm trooper Han
Daka
Ewok Elder
FOTP

LOL. Dodges were everywhere, FOTP revived constantly, heals flew around like confetti, plus a couple of random stuns, and then taunt. Poe would make this squad unstoppable for arena's. My saving grace was that their toons were in the range of 6* to 5* and that after retreating FOTP couldn't be revived. It was crazy though.

I also wanted to ask the community to post a bunch of strategies for defeating a team like this.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My standard team for GW is Barriss/Dooku/Daka/Sid/Lumi.
    I'd probably try this:
    - Dooku stun on Lumi (because it's near-guaranteed).
    - Sid heal-block/damage on FOTP, or possibly AoE. I'd likely save the AoE to use in case of a revive though.
    - Daka stun on Han or FOTP.
    - Lumi heal if needed or ability-block on Daka.
    Keep Dooku tying up Lumi and try to get rid of her. Hope for a lucky secondary stun. And then basically use the pathetic excuse for "strategy" available to us now in GW, which is to keep retreating if things aren't going well and trying different combinations until you find one that doesn't suck.
    If I couldn't get it to work at all, I'd send in a team with 1 or 2 high HP guys and 3 or 4 scrubs to try to tease out Han's and Lumi's specials. Then try the above.
    But mostly it's just a matter of playing around until you get good RNG. Yay.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    close to the cockroach build except Ewok Elder, Boba Fett, Old Daka, Old Ben, and HK47.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    I'd actually love this team in GW. Send in scrubs to eat Hans taunt, lumis blast, and fotp's crit. Then send back Team A and kill daka first, then elder, then fotp, lumi, and end with Han. Elder and fotp are slow enough to be able to kill off Daka and elder before they can cast revive (unless Daka self revives) and outside of 7*, fotp is very squishy. He might get 1 shot off before he's dead. This team is only a threat if you only focus on Han and Lumi, allowing Daka and elder to revive, and fotp to kill you off.
  • Options
    Easy meat in GW. Near about same strategy as posted by Mittens. Or just Daka, Dooku, Sid and assorted healers. There's nothing in the other team to block my healers. With their low damage, it's an easy win. Though you might need a few different rounds of RNG to get out ready for the next team.

@OP, I would never, ever send any glass cannons against such a team. Maybe a suicide squad to get the taunt and such. My glass cannons are for the high DPS guys.