This explains why we don't have this character yet

Trying to figure out how much they can sell toons for the citadel and nihilus packs are a test, then there will be Jedi Luke. Once the figure out how much they can sell packs to make max profit they will finally release..... JAR JAR to all of us and will spend the rest of eternity counting their money on the mass profit JAR JAR will bring

Replies

107 posts Member
    Options
    Careful.. they will close this thread and remove it for typing the truth...
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Slave Leia will make whales of all of us....
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    The other character that I would say this is a test for is Revan. And I completely agree that they are testing the market.
  • Options
    what's confusing to me is they are always looking for ways to get people to spend money on this game but they overlook the easiest way to get most people to spend money.

if everything were purchasable without any RNG in getting it more people would spend money, i know i would. like if i want a 7* yoda i pay say $49.99 for him. just using that as an example with made up numbers.

the thing that holds me back is the gamble. you buy a pack and you get 2-whatever shards. so you may or may not end up with what you want.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    what's confusing to me is they are always looking for ways to get people to spend money on this game but they overlook the easiest way to get most people to spend money.

if everything were purchasable without any RNG in getting it more people would spend money, i know i would. like if i want a 7* yoda i pay say $49.99 for him. just using that as an example with made up numbers.

the thing that holds me back is the gamble. you buy a pack and you get 2-whatever shards. so you may or may not end up with what you want.

i'm pretty sure research has shown that the "luck" element in these packs makes people actually spend more money. I'm too lazy to look it up.
    I guess you should be happy you're not one of these people. Atleast, i'm not and i'm happy about that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This needs to be regulated by the department of gaming, this is in fact gambling. Odds need to be posted
  • Options
    Because the cost of the pack is in crystals it isn't gambling because it doesn't involve real money.
  • Options

Research has shown gambling is the most profitable business among others.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Because the cost of the pack is in crystals it isn't gambling because it doesn't involve real money.

That is why a $100 pack has garaunteed unlocks, but a crystal pack is like a scratch ticket
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »

Exactly. That's how these freemium games survive. You may not pay $49.99 for a 7* Yoda, but multiple players just spent over $1,000 maxing out Krennic and Deathtrooper.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I think I might go buy an Xbox and Star Wars battlefront instead
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »

Exactly. That's how these freemium games survive. You may not pay $49.99 for a 7* Yoda, but multiple players just spent over $1,000 maxing out Krennic and Deathtrooper.

Now it costs $1000 to 7* premium character, really miss aurodium packs now :(
  • Options

Battlefront II? Because EA is pulling the same racket over there. It's all DLC, though the season pass makes it slightly more economical.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Battlefront II? Because EA is pulling the same racket over there. It's all DLC, though the season pass makes it slightly more economical.

Ugh
  • Options

And they left out Mos Eisley, IG-88, Threepio, Ben, Tarkin, Veers, Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Death Star II, many skins and many other maps/heroes.

And even better, the next battlefront is based off of one movie!
  • Options

And they left out Mos Eisley, IG-88, Threepio, Ben, Tarkin, Veers, Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Death Star II, many skins and many other maps/heroes.

I'm running out of options, I tried lego Star Wars and couldn't get past the pod racing level
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

I'm running out of options, I tried lego Star Wars and couldn't get past the pod racing level

Give it another run, or view a video on YouTube, it's not so hard when you figure out howto
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

i'm pretty sure research has shown that the "luck" element in these packs makes people actually spend more money. I'm too lazy to look it up.
    I guess you should be happy you're not one of these people. Atleast, i'm not and i'm happy about that.

i am very happy to be a free to play player. i would never spend any real money on a game where the rewards are with luck.

now if i were able to just shell out $50 for a toon guarenteed i'd consider it.
  • Options
    I just bought diablo 3 ultimate evil edition for ps4 for £14.99. Hours of fun guarnteed, and no need to spend more cash.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    I just bought diablo 3 ultimate evil edition for ps4 for £14.99. Hours of fun guarnteed, and no need to spend more cash.

It wasn't made by ea
  • Options
    No one tell the truth on here or have a negative opinion on Moderators/Game Creators or be removed. Just be robots and praise your game creators regardless how you feel. I thought you wanted out opinions EA/CG, obviously you want something from us but it sure isn't that...cha ching cha ching.