Energy refresh rates

I am enjoying this game since it's release on Android but am beginning to get annoyed with the amount of time it takes to renew both types of energy. I understand that EA wants us to pay $$$ for crystals to bypass this time sink, but even that gets pricey by the end of the day.

I am level 44 and have 103 available energy. The regular energy refreshes at 6 minutes per energy. 6 minutes x 103 energy = 618 minutes or a little over 10 hrs. Cantina energy is double that.

103 energy is enough for 17 normal missions or 8 hard missions. In the cantina, you can run 12 missions at 8 energy each or after the energy bumps up to 10 at level 3, 10 missions.

With the drop rates at their current level and the way the higher level gear is crafted, I can conceivably wait 10 hrs, sim 17 missions in 2 minutes and not be halfway done trying to craft one subpart for one character. That is where the frustration comes in.

Again, I understand EA wants us to refresh using gems. The first two refreshes cost 50 gems, the next two 100 gems, then 200 gems (someone please correct me if I am incorrect here).

So, filling with gems let's say 4 times a day with gems is 300 gems (50+50+100+100). 610 gems cost $5 so approximately spending $2.50 per day. Stretched out an entire month, $75. That gets pricey for a game.

To the devs... please review these refresh times or drop rates or a combination of both. I would think people like myself are willing to pay for some crystals now while the game is fresh and new. However, after only one week, I am already bypassing purchasing more crystals and setting the phone down for long periods of time.

tl;dr - waiting sucks and there is too much of it.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi... you are my only hope.

Replies

• Options
    I feel your pain as a free player and don't understand the greed level on this although EAs thinking about the Star Wars release as a gold mine of overpaying customers. I'd say keep doing what you do, I'm doing the same playing one time a day awaiting my energy refills. I'm not doing terrible considering I've spent nothing. My secret is to play matches that I can win, hold off on tougher battles until my team improves. My win percentage is high so I rarely lose matches this way so energy spent always provides rewards...
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed wait times are too slow.

Would like to see a holo table that rewards energy only for anyone wanting to play the game more. Payouts wouldn't need to be high, but at least it can create gameplay and loyalty.

Being able to run out of things to do will create disloyalty in the long run, so even some simulation table or something that does not require energy and could reward nothing or something more common than energy.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Fully agree!!!
  • Options
    Yep
  • BusHowser
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A little late to the party.....

It's a problem and you outline it perfectly. I for one am rolling the sim dice trying to craft subparts, with little luck. So by the time 4/5 (if that) I'm out of energy, no way to play, and never got the part either. Farming for cantina credits makes that run out too fast also, so then the sims become useless.

Would be nice to purchase energy with credits, or purchase crystals with credits and in turn purchase energy.
    Empire Team with Boba!
  • Options
    So the reality is, EA and CG don't care. This game is modeled after Clash of Clans in terms of crystals and energy and limiting game play of players. Unfortunately this does not work for this particular game because of the interactive necessity required by players managing so many different aspects of Cantina, GW, PVP, Starship PVP, Mods, Events and guild raids. They managed to lock themselves into a mess like Blizzard since PVP teams don't really work that well in Raids and GW. New players get mired down in getting few rewards while the one who have been playing for 2 years get access to all new content making harder for lowbies to catch up.

Obvious Clash of Clans tactics to get people to pay to play.