Darth Maul in arena?

I've been working on gearing my Maul. My arena team is my top 5 by power because that's who I gave most attention to, but Maul is #6.

I currently run:
Palps lead, G10
Vader, max gear
JKA, max gear
QGJ, G11
Gamorrean Guard, G9

Maul just reached G10, and I'm thinking about replacing GG with him. Is the extra DPS and Daze worth losing taunt/retribution and DoTs?

Replies

• Options
    Your team has 0 synergy
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    It won't hurt to try him for a day. If you notice you are falling faster than normal, you can always switch back. Personally, i found him to be too squishy for arena, unless he's zetaed amd put as the lead. Although, depending on who you fight more often in arena, he may be very good for you. If you come across a lot of jedi teams, go for it! If not, the taunter might help you a bit more. But, like i said, doesn't hurt, too much, to try.
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    It won't hurt to try him for a day. If you notice you are falling faster than normal, you can always switch back. Personally, i found him to be too squishy for arena, unless he's zetaed amd put as the lead. Although, depending on who you fight more often in arena, he may be very good for you. If you come across a lot of jedi teams, go for it! If not, the taunter might help you a bit more. But, like i said, doesn't hurt, too much, to try.

Not many Jedi teams but a lot of Wiggs teams and droid teams. I figured an AoE Daze would help there.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Use boba fett instead of qgj, shore/rg instead of gg, and tfp instead of jka
  • Options
    Maul is a beast, but you need to zeta him and have speedy EP, Vader, the rest spots could be TFP/GK/boba/shT, any two from these
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    With that team you are not number one; so it would not hurt to try him out for a few days.

I run maul but he is really only viable as leader unless you have an auto taunt and they enemy does not have b2 or sf.
    He has 2nd slowest speed/health so he is bad in that way. His kit is great but he will never get an attack off without being leader with zeta.