Potential New Clone- Kix!

I made this today after I was thinking of clones they could add to the game.

Clone Medic "Kix"

Upstanding Shot- Kix deals physical damage with a 15% chance in inflict health down for 2 turns.

Suture- Heals a single Clone ally for 70% of Kix's max health. Heals non-clone allies for 50% of Kix's max health
(Cooldown- 3 turns)

Medpack Application- Heals all allies for 40% of Kix's max health. Grants clone allies speed up for 2 turns.
(Cooldown-4 turns)

Better Already- Whenever Kix heals a clone ally to max health, Kix gains defense up for 1 turn and that ally gains Foresight for 1 turn

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I think two healing skills is a little excessive, and not the most useful.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Change the 2nd special because there both exactly alike other than thats its ok
  • Options
    I was planning on making a thread later on about clones that what be great to have in game so I guess you kinda beat me to it a little
  • Options
    Taco wrote: »

How about just tuskens instead? :D
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The Clones need a lot of help and until you play the squad a little it's hard to understand what they need.

1. Their damage is garbage
    2. They inflict no debuffs other than speed down to help setup kills, Cody's stun is garbage
    3. They have no taunt unless Kenobi is lead. Kenobi is not the ideal lead for Clones and the Taunt is too late anyway; the Clones need a "start of encounter taunt" because the squad is so frail.
    4. They need another buff remover or reduce Echo's cooldown

The Clones definitely do not need more healing, maybe a buff to Echo, but Cody with zeta and Echo help manage their health.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Tuskens already have a healer
  • Options

Dosen't matter, we just need tuskens ;)
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options

Oh yes, definitely more tuskens
  • Options
    The Clones need a lot of help and until you play the squad a little it's hard to understand what they need.

2. They inflict no debuffs other than speed down to help setup kills, Cody's stun is garbage
    3. They have no taunt unless Kenobi is lead. Kenobi is not the ideal lead for Clones and the Taunt is too late anyway; the Clones need a "start of encounter taunt" because the squad is so frail.

The Clones definitely do not need more healing, maybe a buff to Echo, but Cody with zeta and Echo help manage their health.

Clone sgt's damage is pretty okay. Fives too if he's modded right and hitting speed down targets. Zeta Cody lead and they do pretty well in tank raid. I'm almost done farming them for that purpose.
  • Kcm
    84 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a taunt wo the need for GK
  • Options

Oh yes, definitely more tuskens

And Anakin needs anti-tusken abilities. The current Tusken meta is too broken.

I'd rather have Commander Gregor instead! Kix is cool, but Gregor's armor reminds me of the Republic Commando Squad.
  • Options

Clone sgt's damage is pretty okay. Fives too if he's modded right and hitting speed down targets. Zeta Cody lead and they do pretty well in tank raid. I'm almost done farming them for that purpose.

I guess it depends on what you're using them for (Arena or Raid) and for Arena what do you consider competitive. For HATT, yeah they're awesome for sure. For Arena, they're garbage if you want finish 1st and stay in the top-10 overnight. I know some folks have been able to finish strong with them and stay, but most in my guild, including myself, are on servers where you'll struggle to finish 1st and you'll likely drop back into the 20's and 30's overnight.Which, if I wanted to play that way I'd just run 5 Jedi with no zeta abilities. LOL
  • Options

1. I kind of disagree here. What they lack in raw damage they make up for with their TM manipulation, counters, assists, etc. Rex is really the only one whose damage is complete garbage, but he's easy to nix if you have GK.
    2. Agreed on all points.
    3. I don't think they need an auto taunt if Kenobi is present. Crit Immunity and his taunt usually kick in quickly enough to prevent an OTK. He isn't the ideal lead, Zody is, but he's integral to the team regardless.
    4. Echo's dispel is fine if you know when to use it correctly.

Zody (L), GK, Echo, Clone Sarge, Zives is actually a pretty legit Arena squad if modded well. Zives is MVP if you can manage to get his crit chance around 50-55%, physical dmg up over 2600, and crit dmg to 180/216.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    How about they release first Delta and Alpha squad, Commander Bly, Blitz, Colt, Doom, Fox, Jet etc etc and the Captains ;)
  • Options
    HaronKhast wrote: »

1. I kind of disagree here. What they lack in raw damage they make up for with their TM manipulation, counters, assists, etc. Rex is really the only one whose damage is complete garbage, but he's easy to nix if you have GK.
    2. Agreed on all points.
    3. I don't think they need an auto taunt if Kenobi is present. Crit Immunity and his taunt usually kick in quickly enough to prevent an OTK. He isn't the ideal lead, Zody is, but he's integral to the team regardless.
    4. Echo's dispel is fine if you know when to use it correctly.

Zody (L), GK, Echo, Clone Sarge, Zives is actually a pretty legit Arena squad if modded well. Zives is MVP if you can manage to get his crit chance around 50-55%, physical dmg up over 2600, and crit dmg to 180/216.

There's a whole thread under Cody and another for Clones if you really believe this is true, because nobody that's actually used them for any length of time and played top-5 really believes any of that. Here's a link, we have 25-pages going on what's wrong with the Clones and why they suck in Arena. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/60386/the-galactic-clone-players-discussion/p25#latest

When other squads have ways to also manipulate TM and deliver a lot of damage, Clones can't compete. Let's look at the meta a little and I'm basing the following on running either all 4 Clones & Kenobi or 5 Clones. The Clone leader doesn't matter a whole lot. Also, I'm assuming competition like what I see with max gear and very good speed secondaries.

Versus Wiggs: Against a Wiggs lead team one of Sarge, Rex, Echo, or Cody (if not leader) are dead on the first turn and Kenobi cannot stop that; he will taunt after one of them are dead which... big deal, somebody is dead. And if they're running Chaze too, once somebody is dead it's unlikely you'll be able to kill Chirrut and Baze before time elapses with only 4 left. Good luck killing Wedge with Baze in the way, Echo is good for 1 removal every 4 turns. Chirrut will often equalize his health to help recover somebody else and Baze will re-taunt, GG Clones.

Versus Zader: Against a Darth Vader zeta squad, the Empire has much better TM manipulation and they're usually accompanied by either an ultra fast Boba Fett to ability block the squad and / or an ultra fast Tie Fighter Pilot to lay down an ability block and he has a chance to remove TM from all Clones. From there it's a rough road to come back from because once Vader moves and gets his dots up, Rex can't clear them and it's over. People running Deathtrooper and Krennic just have more AOE which means more TM reduction and Krennic is especially good at TM reduction with his 2nd special. The Clones will just smash into Baze or Shoretrooper, when they get a turn, while the Empire just eats them alive.

Versus Rogue One Rebels: Against a Rogue One Rebel squad, the Clones do not have a way to deal with Baze and K2 taunting and they have no way to deal with Chirrut and all of his hots plus Jyn recover protection. Echo's 4-turn Cooldown on his grenade is awful, regardless of how well you use it. The R1 Rebels may not defeat your team, but they will most likely time you out which is the same difference really.

Versus Darth Maul: Maul and Palp out of the gate are most likely going to beat out everybody with speed on turn 1. These squads from what I've seen and how I run mine usually have a very fast Boba Fett too, so you'll be ability blocked, a couple stunned from Palp, and most if not all Dazed so neither Cody nor Kenobi can call for their assist. Clones are another easy victory for Maul and company. Darth Nihilus coming out soon will probably be a strong add to this squad and might even create his own squad as a leader.

Clones on some servers may work but from what I've seen in discussions in the thread I posted and with players in my guild and server that I'm friends with, they are generally NOT competitive in Arena. They are a terrific raid squad, but that's it. Granted, I know there are YouTube videos out there of Clones winning, but when you look at the breakdown of their mods and opponent's mods and gear the competition is usually rather lack-luster.
  • Options
    They need a high DPS clone like Heavy and Cody's 212th battalion ability hits like a wet noodle. It's bad that you can have 5 clones attack the same target at once and it loses like 1/3 of its life, but Wiggs can one shot or do 3/4 damage. That needs a tweak. Other tweaks have already been mentioned. I'd also like to see the Jedi generals during TCW have Clone leader synergy like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, etc.