Enough is Enough - Test and Fix Your Game

ìN_Ultima
39 posts Member
edited February 2017
This game has such great potential, but it is brought down and bombarded with bugs and exploits that seem to fall on deaf ears, or take far too long to fix. We, as a player base, expect a certain standard from a company we support.

You could focus on Zarriss, who was recently fixed (that could have been noticed with one battle test). You could focus on Biggs' ship that doesn't gain its bonus on all target lock scenarios. You could focus on FOTF ship on defense gaining absurd amounts of TM. You could focus on other bugs out there that have been addressed yet have yet to be fixed or received a response from Devs.

Let's focus on TIE Reaper.

For those that do not know, Reaper is currently bugged. Not just bugged, but game-breakingly bugged and worse than pre-fix Zarriss. Reaper has two distinct bugs:

1. Reaper's Grim Voyage persists through death.

This is comparable to Zarriss persisting through death. Your Capital Ship will continue to lose TM regardless if Reaper is alive or dead, which is critical in a ship arena without mods.

2. Reaper's Grim Voyage applies EVEN WHEN TIE REAPER HAS NOT ENTERED BATTLE

This is where the game breaks. You can hide your Reaper as the 8th reinforcement and the turn meter reductions will apply regardless, even if your Reaper never sees battle.

It is extremely disappointing to see this occur when this could have been prevented. If the company took literally one single battle for their new shiny pixel, they would have instantly found the first bug. The second bug could have been found with testing different scenarios.

But testing seems to be lacking in general. Where is the quality assurance? Many bugs could have been found in one or a few battles and fixed. Not only are they found by the player base, they take far too long to fix.

Now, many are exploiting Reaper only because they have to so they can keep up with other Reaper exploiters. It is almost impossible to win a battle with a Reaper buried as a reinforcement when you do not have a Reaper of your own.

Please, there is no reason these massive bugs should be missed on release, especially when promoting the character/ship at such a drastic price tag. Please test your game more proficiently. Please put more priority on fixing bugs before pushing out new, and sometimes broken, content. Thank you.
Post edited by ìN_Ultima on

Replies

• ReturnOfTheBroda
    89 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ìN_Ultima wrote: »
    This game has such great potential, but it is brought down and bombarded with bugs and exploits that seem to fall on deaf ears, or take far too long to fix. We, as a player base, expect a certain standard from a company we support.

You could focus on Zarriss, who was recently fixed (that could have been noticed with one battle test). You could focus on Biggs' ship that doesn't gain its bonus on all target lock scenarios. You could focus on FOTF ship on defense gaining absurd amounts of TM. You could focus on other bugs out there that have been addressed yet have yet to be fixed or received a response from Devs.

Let's focus on TIE Reaper.

For those that do not know, Reaper is currently bugged. Not just bugged, but game-breakingly bugged and worse than pre-fix Zarriss. Reaper has two distinct bugs:

1. Reaper's Grim Voyage persists through death.

This is comparable to Zarriss persisting through death. Your Capital Ship will continue to lose TM regardless if Reaper is alive or dead, which is critical in a ship arena without mods.

2. Reaper's Grim Voyage applies EVEN WHEN TIE REAPER HAS NOT ENTERED BATTLE

This is where the game breaks. You can hide your Reaper as the 8th reinforcement and the turn meter reductions will apply regardless, even if your Reaper never sees battle.

It is extremely disappointing to see this occur when this could have been prevented. If the company took literally one single battle for their new shiny pixel, they would have instantly found the first bug. The second bug could have been found with testing different scenarios.

But testing seems to be lacking in general. Where is the quality assurance? Many bugs could have been found in one or a few battles and fixed. Not only are they found by the player base, they take far too long to fix.

Now, many are exploiting Reaper only because they have to so they can keep up with other Reaper exploiters. It is almost impossible to win a battle with a Reaper buried as a reinforcement when you do not have a Reaper of your own.

A big problem with Reaper is the price tag that comes with it. To gain a 7* Reaper, it costs roughly 1,000 USD. That is an insane price for a ship (two counting Vader's ship).

Please, there is no reason these massive bugs should be missed on release, especially when promoting the character/ship at such a drastic price tag. Please test your game more proficiently. Please put more priority on fixing bugs before pushing out new, and sometimes broken, content. Thank you.

Oh boy a TI player dropping reality bombs.... they might actually listen to you
  • Options
    I agree that given the high prices demanded lately, we could expect perfect service especially when bugs are identified, their resolution should be much faster.

Hope that won't land on deaf ears...
  • Options
    Well said sir....let's see if they're paying attention
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Options
    Please tag a developer so they can read this, it may help.
  • Options
    Maybe I should buy that ship pack.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

I'm wondering the same, my Tie Advanced is 4* now, so it is a win/win situation :)
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

I'm wondering the same, my Tie Advanced is 4* now, so it is a win/win situation :)

I don't have tie advance but my vader is over 10k crew power so it's a win win.
  • Options
    This game is fun, but buggier then a slurpee left out overnight on a hot summer night
  • Options
    While we are talking about bugs, does anyone know of the Teebo effect works for buffs other than stealth? For instance, if Qui-Gon debuffs someone and gives the team offence up for three turns, but then Palpatine needs to heal, which also gives the team offence up for one turn, does that mean that the remaining turns of offence up from Qui-Gon are lost?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hiya!
    this is currently being investigated by our team and a fix should be plugged in a future update. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya!
    this is currently being investigated by our team and a fix should be plugged in a future update. Thanks!

Thanks for the response !
  • Options
    Hiya!

Thank you for the prompt response and communication. Very much appreciated!
  • Options
    Okay thanks but what about the countless Luther bugs? Sure fix the one that cost 3k crystals but there are many other bugs that need fixing to. Please sort those out too thanks!
  • Options
    Hiya!

Your response misses the point completely, the bug shouldn't have existed in the first place, it should have been detected with a properly run & analysed set of test scripts before release to the player base. That is a fundamental stage in any software development & deployment process, nothing goes out the door without full testing & service assurance.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    While we are talking about bugs, does anyone know of the Teebo effect works for buffs other than stealth? For instance, if Qui-Gon debuffs someone and gives the team offence up for three turns, but then Palpatine needs to heal, which also gives the team offence up for one turn, does that mean that the remaining turns of offence up from Qui-Gon are lost?

I've wondered about this too, and asked something similar once, but don't think it got answered.
  • Options
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    Hiya!

Your response misses the point completely, the bug shouldn't have existed in the first place, it should have been detected with a properly run & analysed set of test scripts before release to the player base. That is a fundamental stage in any software development & deployment process, nothing goes out the door without full testing & service assurance.

I have no idea how these get thru testing
  • Options
    Hiya!

It can happen. Some things are "supposed to" work for all but that doesn't always happen. For example i am a program tester and sometimes when i test, I ask the developer if I have to go through every scenario with each user or should it work for all. Half of the time they say to do all and half of the time they say a couple will be fine because it should work the same.

So I understand why and how some of these get through testing but I agree that every scenario should be tested. Also we must understand that we don't "have to" pay for this game as it is free so testing every single scenario is not required but suggested.

• Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Hiya!

It can happen. Some things are "supposed to" work for all but that doesn't always happen. For example i am a program tester and sometimes when i test, I ask the developer if I have to go through every scenario with each user or should it work for all. Half of the time they say to do all and half of the time they say a couple will be fine because it should work the same.

So I understand why and how some of these get through testing but I agree that every scenario should be tested. Also we must understand that we don't "have to" pay for this game as it is free so testing every single scenario is not required but suggested.

Yes, I understand.
  • Options
    Well.. let's remember it next time we buy crystals or packs. "Woops, couldn't do, no money on my account, this will be fixed soon!"
  • Options
    +1 to the OP
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Was the QA Testing Manager that was advertised back in late Nov and Dec ever hired? If so, have they settled into their roll and formulated a better QA strategy moving forward? I think those are the answers these troops are looking for.
  • Options
    Ship gameplay is just horrendous. Had my Biggs get called for an assist just to have him vanish...didn't do any damage, saw no damage against him...he just disappeared...
  • Options
    Hiya!

@CG_Kozispoon this Reaper bug isn't just another bug, it's game-breaking. People are missing their daily payouts due to this, vs a fast DPS team the capital ship just doesn't get a turn at all - no reinforcements, it's a slaughter.

This can't be slotted for "a future update", this needs a HOTFIX. Seriously, the OP made some remarks about QA/testing that you've conveniently side-stepped. Bugs aren't being fixed nearly fast enough, look at the First Order Tie Fighter and its crazy TM generation when on defence, that bug has existed since ships were released. Numerous updates since then and no ship bug fixes whatsoever. Poe's "can't be evaded" attack being dodged by Tie Fighter, etc. etc. etc.

The list of bugs goes on and on, prices for packs go up and up.

@CG_Kozispoon it's time to start fixing what you've produced so far instead of just cranking out more over-priced broken content. Sorry to be harsh, but you know this is the reality, just as well as the rest of us.
  • Options
    Been so tempted to make a post like this for weeks.

Do you remember when they actually fixed 20+bugs per update.

I hate getting screwed by bugs like STHan gives TM to allies if his taunt was buff immunitied.

Everything in ships is bugged.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I have multiple posts regarding the Reaper. QA/QC is obviously not in their business processes. "...in a future update..." is the equivalent of a Teebo fix promise.
    SHATTERPOINT
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

I hate getting screwed by bugs like STHan gives TM to allies if his taunt was buff immunitied.

Now all it is new content, new content, new content, crap we have to fix Zarris, new content, new content...and with every new content comes more bugs to add to the ignore list. Can't wait till they break the game with an update and are forced to do fixes.
  • Options
    +10000

We need a response devs. Tie reaper needs to be fixed asap.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Bump.

I'm bumping this because I feel it is an important message and customers have a right to have toons work as advertised.

I have never seen so many bugs.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

Now all it is new content, new content, new content, **** we have to fix Zarris, new content, new content...and with every new content comes more bugs to add to the ignore list. Can't wait till they break the game with an update and are forced to do fixes.

There were plenty of posts a couple months ago saying who cares about the bugs, this game is boring now and we want new content. Now they bring out new content and people are complaining about the bugs. They can't win.

But yes i personally think bugs are a priority over everything else but that's just me.
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    I agree that given the high prices demanded lately, we could expect perfect service especially when bugs are identified, their resolution should be much faster.

Hope that won't land on deaf ears...

Extortionate Prices + Cheap Labor = Massive Profits! Welcome to Freemium!