New Zetas Coming soon? Curious for thoughts and Advice

So I am currently sitting on 42 Zetas. Haven't upgraded anything yet. Wondering two things:
1) Do people think we will get some new zetas soon? (besides new Sith)
2) Anyone care to weigh in with advice which path to take: https://swgoh.gg/u/aarcher/collection/

My guild has AAT on farm - I'm usually top 5ish. Currently finishing in 5-10 range in arena with Boba/Wiggs/SF and either Rex/Anakin as 5th. Almost all Empire on my shard at the moment.

Current zeta considerations:
- I don't have TFP or Shore ready - so Empire options are not ideal. Currently farming TFP.
- Have all my clones at 7* but Cody/Echo/CS are all at g7 (and Cody in particular is a gear hog).
- Jedi is kinda tempting with Quigon, Yoda and Anakin at g11; but Aayla is not ready and she seems a must (also GK I'll only just unlock this week)
- Thinking I've waited this long I will see what happens with Nihlous and maybe work on Zaul. Have him 7* at g8 now.
942-122-371

Replies

• Options
    I'm also just waiting at the moment. Thinking Kylo Ren could be a good option though since he and his zeta will be useful in a lot of different squads.
  • Options
    I'd wait unless you want to consider Zoba or Zarriss, who are kind of plug-and-play in multiple teams.
  • Options
    Anyone have thoughts if we are likely to see new Zetas added to existing characters?
    942-122-371
  • Options
    Aarcher wrote: »
    Anyone have thoughts if we are likely to see new Zetas added to existing characters?

I hope they add zetas Dooku, Cody, Ashoka and a droid zeta preferenly HK aoe
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »

Another Zeta for Cody?
  • Options
    cody already has a zeta option
  • Options
    Zetas on Zam or Greedo unique abilities would be great. I agree that HK could use one. Savage unique zeta could make him viable again in Zaul squad. Geonosians could use a zeta as well
  • Options
    If Cad Bane gets a zeta that is as good as Darth Maul's bounty hunters/scoundrels might become pretty good
  • Options
    Wait for Nihilus. EA hasn't been subtle with the power creep lately, so there's a good chance that he'll have a special that instantly awards your entire team 100% TM, offense up, defense up, and advantage. If Nihilus isn't a game-changer, I'd say to go for Zader. Shoretrooper can be competitive at 3*, and TFP is a fairly easy gear, so you'll have him maxed in a week or two. At this point in the game, Zader is both the best arena leader and a great raid option.
  • Options
    Kivoku wrote: »
    I'd wait unless you want to consider Zoba or Zarriss, who are kind of plug-and-play in multiple teams.

I actually was thinking IF (and its a big IF) the OP had the gear to gear General Kenobi to a reasonable level, then QGJ Zeta with Yoda's Battle Meditation Zeta may be the way to go.

zQGJ lead with zYoda, Anakin, Ahsoka, and General Kenobi would be great in Arena IF you can get their speed up really well.
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

I actually was thinking IF (and its a big IF) the OP had the gear to gear General Kenobi to a reasonable level, then QGJ Zeta with Yoda's Battle Meditation Zeta may be the way to go.

zQGJ lead with zYoda, Anakin, Ahsoka, and General Kenobi would be great in Arena IF you can get their speed up really well.

Yoda is really the key there I would think right? Gotta go before all the Tie Pilots, but with Quigon bump that could be doable. Yoda base would be 187 before mods then so have a 17 point head start on TFP
    942-122-371
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

Yoda is really the key there I would think right? Gotta go before all the Tie Pilots, but with Quigon bump that could be doable. Yoda base would be 187 before mods then so have a 17 point head start on TFP

Yeah, ideally if you have a Baze or Shoretrooper on the other side, then you get Yoda and QGJ to go first. Yoda's Battle Meditation gives tenacity up (already have foresight from QGJ's Zeta) and then QGJ can dispel the opposing taunter's taunt.

Like you said, the +17 speed head start should get you to be able to have Yoda go before TFP.

General Kenobi wil give you a cleanser and also he can call the whole team to assist when he uses his special attack right after his cleanse.

If you can get Yoda going to like 230 or so speed (before QGJ's speed buff), then you should be good.

However, you also want the rest of the Jedi going fast as well. I'd throw a speed set on all of them, a +30 speed arrow and decent speed secondaries mixed in.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You could also follow my friend's Motto: saving is meta. If you can rank top 5 in arena without Zeta, then save them.

I have 11 Zeta mats, but I can rank top 5 as well so I have no pressure to get them (and we have Zaul and Zader on our leaderboard). I will personally use Finn, because Resistance seems fun and you should just watch videos of the sinergies that interest you.

If arena is your prime priority, save them until one Zeta is really OP: Zaul is the best arena Zeta.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    You could also follow my friend's Motto: saving is meta. If you can rank top 5 in arena without Zeta, then save them.

I have 11 Zeta mats, but I can rank top 5 as well so I have no pressure to get them (and we have Zaul and Zader on our leaderboard). I will personally use Finn, because Resistance seems fun and you should just watch videos of the sinergies that interest you.

If arena is your prime priority, save them until one Zeta is really OP: Zaul is the best arena Zeta.

Yeah, this is sound reasoning too.

I have a zVader and I finish Top 5 in Arena right now. I also have 32 Zetas farmed and probably can get to 40 Zetas by next week just by buying them from Fleet shipments (I spend all my Fleet currency on Zetas).

I was thinking Zeta'ing QGJ and Yoda, but I really don't have the sense of urgency right now because I am usually finishing 2nd in Arena every day.

So right now I am sitting on my Zetas to see what new ones come out and to see if they become the Meta.
  • Options

Another Zeta for Cody?
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

My bad lol meant Echo
  • Options

Another Zeta for Cody?
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

My bad lol meant Echo

Don't let it happen again.

ACW_IA_145902.jpg