Can you finish DS without daka just talia?

I have 5* Talia elite 62. I am curious. I have no Daka, but a nice 6-7* droid team and 4* Vader and Phasma both 62 elite. Can I lvl my current toons and do it without her?

Replies

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't plan on using a DS healer to finish the campaign if that helps at all. Once you have a bunch of 7* characters, it should be doable

Sid, Poggle, GS, 88 and Phasma will be my first 7* DS lineup
  • Options
    All the AOE spams by AI makes it very tough. Borrow a Daka
  • Options
    7* Talia?
  • Options
    7* Talia?

Not a bad idea, but I wouldnt prioritize her. I've never been impressed by the character
  • Options
    I complete daily on my iOS account with just JC and Lumi
  • Options
    Arijit wrote: »

Nice job in the darkside missions :P

OT: I think you can get very far with your droid team. You can blow them away before they do any damage.
  • Options

OT: I think you can get very far with your droid team. You can blow them away before they do any damage.

I agree there will be difficulty in dark side missions, but I will borrow Daka if I have to.
    Main point is, I invested those tokens in Poe and hitting top 10 of my server. I am level 60 almost and have no problem in unlocking battles that need gears for my team. So long as I am able to farm gears and hitting top in arena, DS/LS do not matter much.
  • Options

I agree there will be difficulty in dark side missions, but I will borrow Daka if I have to.
    Main point is, I invested those tokens in Poe and hitting top 10 of my server. I am level 60 almost and have no problem in unlocking battles that need gears for my team. So long as I am able to farm gears and hitting top in arena, DS/LS do not matter much.

I'm pretty sure using this thread to toot your own horn doesn't do much for the op trying to find out if he can complete DS without Daka; but congrats on letting everyone know your credentials. Really adds relevance to the original topic.

It can be done as others have stated borrowing an ally Daka, progression may be much slower. It just depends on whether or not you want to put forth the investment in her to clear it quicker, or stay focused on the guys you have and do it a little slower.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure using this thread to toot your own horn doesn't do much for the op trying to find out if he can complete DS without Daka; but congrats on letting everyone know your credentials. Really adds relevance to the original topic.

It can be done as others have stated borrowing an ally Daka, progression may be much slower. It just depends on whether or not you want to put forth the investment in her to clear it quicker, or stay focused on the guys you have and do it a little slower.

Dude just chill. You could have put forth your argument in a little less aggressive manner. Everyone will know from this post who is blowing whose horn. :smile:

Please re-read the post. It might seem I am praising myself, sorry if my post does that.
    But if you have patience rather than quoting what I said, if you re-read, you will see my post answers the OP. Without Daka, I am able to complete DS missions for gearing up toons? Its is possible, not even slow. I was never bogged down by the fact I have no Daka.

And lastly, Why do we fight LS/DS, why, why?
    Ans - to get gears - or to farm hard node shards, if otherwise then I am sorry I could not comprehend this game.

Thanks for taking to help the OP btw, appreciate it, but in future please be a little less hard on this poor guy.
  • Options
    I disagree that dark side missions are "easy" without a healer. Perhaps if you invest a fortune of real cash. But for normal/casual players it is extremely difficult. I'm a full level behind my light side team and possibly two after tonight. Talia is awful and at my current level I can't tear through them. I suspect others have the same issue.

And the advice of 7* squad makes it doable is kinda silly....really max level characters make things easier? Lol. Next time just advise the OP to spend a thousand dollars to be awesome.

I can't decide if some of you guys are this dense or if you never tried to play before you spent your fortune on the game or if it's just been so long you forgot the poor man's plight.
  • Options
    I breezed through DS level 6 missions using Phasma 6* g7 (L), Sid 7* g8, Kylo 5* g7, Vader 4* g6, and Boba 4* g7. It all came down to strategically using skills in order to have CDs reset for the boss fights. When I could, I would borrow a Poggle/Talia/3rd AOE character to help out. I never needed any heals, although there were a few times where I almost lost Boba or Vader. I tended to focus fire on the strongest hitters (Ewok warrior/archers, Rebel scouts) and then take out any healers (Ewok elders). For the few missions where Ewok elders are abundant, borrow a Poggle and AOE them to death at the same time. They can't revive if they're dead ;). This setup allowed me to earn 3 stars on every mission in level 6, but I don't believe I'll be able to manage the same feat on the hard missions or level 7 missions when I unlock them at 67. It works for now.
  • Options
    I am level 60. I have another account of level 62 where I have Daka. I read the forums regularly. I am currently spending a lot of time in this game. If you have a high DPS game - Sid, Poggle, GS its doable with talia and FO Stormtrooper - all I received by either farming or got in the beginning or got from bronzium. No money spend. To be honest I have only completed till 4th DS battle. But that was enough to gear up my level 60 players - at least the ones I own:

Sid, Lumi, Poggle, Poe, Luke, GS

So when people who have 7* character or geared up character say they are not lying, there is no point for me to lie, we are not even in the same server. We just want to not let other repeat the mistake that we think we did. The OP is welcome to decide for himself/herself. We all can give forth our opinions without being personal right?

BTW, I check the posts of the other guy bashing me before, seems he was writing in another thread where he was lamenting for investing on Daka when he could have invested on Poe. That cost him rank from 50 to 100.

Again, PvP is important not because we need to show that we are better than other players. For F2P like us its important because its gives us crystals. So we need to build a team where the meta is currently lying.

Now having saying all that I guess for level 6 onwards you need 2 healers. But I shall come back to the post when I get stuck. I shall at first try to go all DPS.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I had trouble getting 3* for 7 a and b on hard with just Daka 5* gear 5 today. The biggest problem is the AI kept targeting Daka... I got 2* the on 7A the first time and a little luck got me 3* the second. 7B I got lucky the first time for 2* and died the second attempt, the third attempt with a lucky last second stun and my ally Boba reviveing 3 times in a row got me 3*.

TLDR get Daka.
  • Options
    have finish it without any healer
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have Daka, but I havent used her heal in DS missions yet. I have overpowered DS missions so far (doing them at higher level). She has been useful with the stuns (which prrvent damage). I am lvl 65 and I have 3* all missions in stage 6 and hard Mode stage 5 ( so everything up to my level). I use the 3 droids plus Geo Soldier and Daka (for the stuns, I think it could be done without her) and borrow some random 7* Sid.
    Can't comment about higher level stuff.
  • Options
    I have 5* Talia elite 62. I am curious. I have no Daka, but a nice 6-7* droid team and 4* Vader and Phasma both 62 elite. Can I lvl my current toons and do it without her?

well i have like 50 people that have daka so i finish it quite well.
  • Options
    My team to finish DS will be 7* 88 86 47 Poggle Talia 5-7* and a borrowed Daka I guess.

Thanks