Zeta Clones - Major Problems Vs Some Teams

EVRT
201 posts Member
I finally got my dream team together which is the full Clone team. Both Cody and Fives with Zeta. They of course kick major butt in the HAAT but I'm somewhat disappointed with PvP performance.

I like where arena has come too with seeing many different types of constructed teams. I'm frustrated though with the current GK + Zarriss meta: Clones are almost entirely useless against Zarriss it seems. Unless I am missing something.

Anyone else out there using full Clones and having success with Chaze or Zarriss teams? Does it get better with GK and Clones? I'm about 2 weeks out from GK unlock
Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt

Replies

• scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    It is funny the thing that made Rex lead bad for droids is the same thing that make Cody clones bad for zariss/gk.

I have not tried them in arena, still working on them myself but definitely see that as their downfall. Maybe drop one of them for jka.
    He applies buff immunity and heal immunity on basic which should help with the problems you face with zariss/gk.
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It is funny the thing that made Rex lead bad for droids is the same thing that make Cody clones bad for zariss/gk.

I have not tried them in arena, still working on them myself but definitely see that as their downfall. Maybe drop one of them for jka.
    He applies buff immunity and heal immunity on basic which should help with the problems you face with zariss/gk.

That's worth trying I suppose. I did try swapping Echo for B2 and it helped but still was almost impossible. Plus, once you start to disassemble them their synergy is lost and they are no longer as viable it seems.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I think you need heal and buff immunity.
  • Options
    Rex lead is far better than Zeta Cody lead in arena. There's a guy on my shard who has run a full clone team forever. Against Rex lead, I could beat it consistently, but it took some strategy. Once he switched to Zeta Cody lead (and he has Zeta 5s), I have consistently beaten it, but with 3 different teams, and without really having to put much thought into what I was doing.
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead is far better than Zeta Cody lead in arena. There's a guy on my shard who has run a full clone team forever. Against Rex lead, I could beat it consistently, but it took some strategy. Once he switched to Zeta Cody lead (and he has Zeta 5s), I have consistently beaten it, but with 3 different teams, and without really having to put much thought into what I was doing.

I could try it. I fail to see how that would work though with Cody not getting defense boost as leader. He would get smoked
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    EVRT wrote: »

I could try it. I fail to see how that would work though with Cody not getting defense boost as leader. He would get smoked

Don't underestimate rex's lead. And ya, there isn't anyway to protect cody in the arena (whether he's the leader or not). So you should drop him, and echo too(like you or someone mentioned). Run a hybrid clone team... if you want to be competitive in the arena that is.