More Ship Content and Updated Shops in Cantina, Arena and GW

Is there going to be more ship content anytime soon? Some light and dark side battles would be nice. Maybe even a galactic war.

As of now, ships are very boring and I don't know many people who don't sim the challenges and/or even hit auto in the arena.

Cantina, GW and Arena Shops really need a refresh in toons. While I am perferctly fine with using GW credits for ally points if tournaments make a comeback but they could use a refresh. While I have most of the toons 7* it would be nice to finish off some of the 6* toons from the tournaments.

I think most people like the grind and working towards a goal. There are some major updates and enhancements that need to happen. The game gets stale and really there isn't much satisfaction in just buying a toon. I am not opposed to spending money, I just prefer the grind and using the cash to buy crystals for refreshes and to supplement the grind.

Replies

• Options
    What they could do, instead of offering newer toons in GW/Arena/Cantina at the same rate, they could offer some of the newer chars to farm at a higher rate. IE in GW make 5 shards of a newer toon 1200 instead of 400. That would limit it to 5 shards per day and make a slower farm, but give a path. Same with cantina, make it 800, and in areana make it 1000 or 1200. That way they can keep the slower progression and give us something to work towards. Also put several people in the same place, so you have to pick a character of a few others so you can't just farm them all.
  • Options
    Cantina for sure needs some new rewards. I'm finishing up FOO, then I'm hoarding for eventual (hopefully) additions to spend cantina currency. FOST and FOTP really need to be easier to grind more than a year after their release. At least they added resistance trooper to guild store.
  • Options
    And please God no fleet GW. Battles already take too long and are massively unbalanced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What they could do, instead of offering newer toons in GW/Arena/Cantina at the same rate, they could offer some of the newer chars to farm at a higher rate. IE in GW make 5 shards of a newer toon 1200 instead of 400. That would limit it to 5 shards per day and make a slower farm, but give a path. Same with cantina, make it 800, and in areana make it 1000 or 1200. That way they can keep the slower progression and give us something to work towards. Also put several people in the same place, so you have to pick a character of a few others so you can't just farm them all.

I could live with this. Keep them "exclusive" but farmable....
  • Options
    I dont mind more ship stuff by why do people want GW? I think that is the worst idea. Maybe a normal/cantina but please no GW.
  • Options
    A ship GW would be so annoying. I literally auto all of my ship battles.
    It would be nice to get some new things to aim for in the cantina shop
  • Options
    I dont mind more ship stuff by why do people want GW? I think that is the worst idea. Maybe a normal/cantina but please no GW.

People underestimate GW. You should be using it to find toon matchups and try things out. Once ships become more relivant, that would be the same purpose. Plus, GW is an easy almost 500k credits a day, some mats, ships and toons (for shard shop if you have them already).
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Douuuuche wrote: »

What about like a legitimate Fleet battle GW. You get one or two Ships (of the same faction) and you fight other ships in an actual warzone, and theres like a map and you're trying to get to some end-point but theres more than 1 path to it, and your capital ships are busy shooting at the other capital ships so they're not involved. Basically just like an in-game version of the very beginning to Revenge of the Sith.
  • Options
    Caedas wrote: »
    Cantina for sure needs some new rewards. I'm finishing up FOO, then I'm hoarding for eventual (hopefully) additions to spend cantina currency. FOST and FOTP really need to be easier to grind more than a year after their release. At least they added resistance trooper to guild store.

How about No Scott...

There's no reason to give you an easy 123 solution to FOTP and FOST when you neglected to farm them all this time. Those of us that did can are being rewarded for our hard work and discipline. No easy button for you.
  • Options
    Why don't people want a ship GW? I think it would be awesome....I also really enjoy the ship aspect of the game.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

What about like a legitimate Fleet battle GW. You get one or two Ships (of the same faction) and you fight other ships in an actual warzone, and theres like a map and you're trying to get to some end-point but theres more than 1 path to it, and your capital ships are busy shooting at the other capital ships so they're not involved. Basically just like an in-game version of the very beginning to Revenge of the Sith.

I don't know how they would make the timeline work based on the current cadre of ships, maybe add more to the mix. I don't think a creative way to do GW would be bad, but I'm definitely not a fan of just mapping the current GW for toons to ships because 1. it's too time consuming and 2. see #1. Maybe if they did it with less nodes .. maybe. I would however love to some kind of reward system in place that allows people to use ships outside of the fleet battles, since people are investing time and $ (albeit not as much as toons) in ships and it would be good to use them more. I'm #1 in my shard and would love to use ships more, but TBH, it's because my ship toons are at max current levels and high mods that definitely seem to help more than just leveling up the ships themselves only.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

I don't know how they would make the timeline work based on the current cadre of ships, maybe add more to the mix. I don't think a creative way to do GW would be bad, but I'm definitely not a fan of just mapping the current GW for toons to ships because 1. it's too time consuming and 2. see #1. Maybe if they did it with less nodes .. maybe. I would however love to some kind of reward system in place that allows people to use ships outside of the fleet battles, since people are investing time and $ (albeit not as much as toons) in ships and it would be good to use them more.

I was thinking like 10 possible nodes, but the paths don't all connect. So like it'd only take like 4,5,6 battles to get to your end point. Shorter path would be harder nodes, but less battles, more rewards per battle (Same rewards total at the end). Capital ships aren't involved so we don't have their annoyingly long animations, just 2 ships vs 3 ships or 2 ships vs 2 ships or 2 ships vs 1 big ship. Ships heal protection in between battles, but not health (You can power up your shields, but if theres a dent in your hull, theres a dent in your hull). I wasn't looking for a lengthy war, just a shorter battle mode that you can play with and maybe alleviate the ship credit crunch a bit lol.