Need help with the arena team

Orleans
177 posts Member
edited February 2017
Hello,

I'm actually always in the top 10, but currently I sometimes do not even times and slide off something. I play: Ackbar (l), Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Sun Fac.
I spam Landos AoE with tactical genius, but I do not like Ackbar. I have tenacity on Ackbar, but a boba without any effectiveness .. get every **** time skill block.
I like to use it in the galactic war, but it's almost useless in the short arena, right? I now play this way: Wedge (l), Biggs, Lando, STH, Sun Fac. Since I now play Wedge as a leader, Ackbar is totally useless. So the plan is ^ ^ my Han is still a little too weak. How do you find the team? Would you do it differently? I really need the synergy, but if you have better ideas .. Only Biggs and Wedge should be in the team. Would be grateful for suggestions, since I am totally uncreative. I would be grateful, if you could build me 1-2 good teams, here my inventory: https://swgoh.gg/u/xorleans/collection/

greetings

Replies

• Options
    If you are top 10 with that team assume you are on a pretty new shard ?

I know some people do but I really dont see the need of having 2 tanks, personally I prefer Sunfac due to debuff on basic
  • Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm actually always in the top 10, but currently I sometimes do not even times and slide off something. I play: Ackbar (l), Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Sun Fac.
    I spam Landos AoE with tactical genius, but I do not like Ackbar. I have tenacity on Ackbar, but a boba without any effectiveness .. get every **** time skill block.
    I like to use it in the galactic war, but it's almost useless in the short arena, right? I now play this way: Wedge (l), Biggs, Lando, STH, Sun Fac. Since I now play Wedge as a leader, Ackbar is totally useless. So the plan is ^ ^ my Han is still a little too weak. How do you find the team? Would you do it differently? I really need the synergy, but if you have better ideas .. Only Biggs and Wedge should be in the team. Would be grateful for suggestions, since I am totally uncreative. I would be grateful, if you could build me 1-2 good teams, here my inventory: https://swgoh.gg/u/xorleans/collection/

greetings

You got discord? I can get you some help team wise got a bunch of guys to get you some help or tips
  • Options
    I am level 71 and have been playing since the end of December. The people in the ranking list are all at least as active and partly higher than me. The top 5 mainly has chars like Baze, Chirrut and so on.

I agree, Sun Fac is very good. But somebody I must take for Ackbar. Who is more suitable than Han? And why do you say "with this team" so derogatory? What is not optimal?
  • Options
    I am level 71 and have been playing since the end of December. The people in the ranking list are all at least as active and partly higher than me. The top 5 mainly has chars like Baze, Chirrut and so on.

I agree, Sun Fac is very good. But somebody I must take for Ackbar. Who is more suitable than Han? And why do you say "with this team" so derogatory? What is not optimal?

I said with that team... good luck with your arena team ill go be derogatory somewhere else then
  • Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    Hello,

greetings

You got discord? I can get you some help team wise got a bunch of guys to get you some help or tips

No I did not. Why is that important? You have a working keyboard. ^ ^ But I thank you for the offer.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

I said with that team... good luck with your arena team ill go be derogatory somewhere else then

well done. Thanks for your help. :)
  • Options
    Hello,

greetings

The meta is slowly but surely going away from the Rebel standpoint since Zeta abilities have been released. With the characters you have available, I would play Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, Sun Fac, Rex - but they need to be geared well. You should start looking at the available Zeta abilities at the moment and start moving over towards the new team you'd like to play with. From what I've seen in a new shard (started 12th December) most have gone for rebels as it's an easy early win. On my alt (started January 2016) teams are one of the following;
    zQGJ (L), zYoda, Aayla, JKA, Barris
    Zader (L), TFP, EP, ShT, Zidious/Boba/B2
    Rex (L), Chaze, GK, Barris
    Zaul (L), EP, Vader, TFP, ShT

I've very recently left my Rebels behind (keeping them leveled for GW just incase I struggle) and have started with EP (L), Vader, TFP, ShT, B2 until I get my Zeta on Vader, at which point I will change leads over. Since I've made this change, I've been no.1 at payout every day and hold number 1 for the majority of the day.

Stay with what you have for now and begin to build up a team that can utilize a Zeta ability - don't forget you need to make progress in your ships to be able to do the challenges on a Sunday, Monday & Thursday.

The main part of your arena squad is their gear levels - farm away :smiley:

Best of luck to you :smile:
  • Options
    Hello,

greetings

The meta is slowly but surely going away from the Rebel standpoint since Zeta abilities have been released. With the characters you have available, I would play Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, Sun Fac, Rex - but they need to be geared well. You should start looking at the available Zeta abilities at the moment and start moving over towards the new team you'd like to play with. From what I've seen in a new shard (started 12th December) most have gone for rebels as it's an easy early win. On my alt (started January 2016) teams are one of the following;
    zQGJ (L), zYoda, Aayla, JKA, Barris
    Zader (L), TFP, EP, ShT, Zidious/Boba/B2
    Rex (L), Chaze, GK, Barris
    Zaul (L), EP, Vader, TFP, ShT

I've very recently left my Rebels behind (keeping them leveled for GW just incase I struggle) and have started with EP (L), Vader, TFP, ShT, B2 until I get my Zeta on Vader, at which point I will change leads over. Since I've made this change, I've been no.1 at payout every day and hold number 1 for the majority of the day.

Stay with what you have for now and begin to build up a team that can utilize a Zeta ability - don't forget you need to make progress in your ships to be able to do the challenges on a Sunday, Monday & Thursday.

The main part of your arena squad is their gear levels - farm away :smiley:

Best of luck to you :smile:

I thank you very much for your detailed post!

In my ranking list, everyone is playing rebel. Would not risk anything and prefer to swim with the current. From Zeta, I have no idea, why have Wedge and the other not? Do you think that there is still time? Would be a pity if not. I like playing Wiggs very much. But I trust in your experience. ^ ^ Will then put me to Boba and Rex. And what about the ability to lead? For two rebels this is less useful, right? I will get Anakin tomorrow. Would you recommend this?
  • Options
    @Orleans

You should definitely continue to play Rebels until you have built a better team, keep going with your rebel team and start putting extra resources into a better end game team.
    The Zeta abilities are only available to certain toons, this list is here; https://swgoh.gg/characters/zeta-abilities/
    Wedge (L) is enough to keep your "One-Hit-Knock-Out" duo alive (Wiggs) with the heals on critical hits and the other characters, IMO, have better utilities than the Rebels you have even with the HP recovery - but that's just my opinion. You could always carry on with your rebel team as it's less work than getting the new arena team I've mentioned to arena standard and just start going towards a Zeta team. Anakin is awesome and would fit in well with a Jedi Zeta team and most other comps if that's a character you want to use.
    At the end of the day, you need to decide which team you want to go for and max them out so you have a chance in your shard now and at a later date. I've given some suggestions, it's up to you to focus on whichever one you'd want to use.
    Something extra you should maybe consider is the guild raids, which team could you use for Rancor for example that can also double up as an arena team or parts of the AAT raids. We can't tell you what you should do, it's up to you :smile:
  • Options
    I am not very satisfied with the rebels - especially Lando. Lando was once very good, but by Chirrut, Barriss etc. it is outdated. You can hardly see him. Only Wiggs I would like to keep. Thanks for the zeta list. I have so far assumed that each character possesses Zeta skills. Disillusionment. Is not exactly much, hopefully more is inserted. Wedge as an example. ^^
    Do you think I can take Anakin for the time being? I would like to play some characters, unfortunately, there are only 5 slots. ^ ^ In addition, the synergy that always drives me mad. It is impossible to get his favorite pair together. I'll read it all through and think about it. I really thank you very much. Raid team I've neglected so far, all at once does not go.