Sim Tickets: Why have them

First, yes, I know, a lot of people have a bajillion Sim Tickets. I see in the general Discussion a bloke can't even raise the question without being bombarded by everyone telling him he's doing something wrong.

Well. That's part of this too. For the rest of the schmucks who hover around 0 sim tickets it's a pain. Any gear farm that is 10 energy or less is automatically going to put you into a sim ticket negative. Farming hard nodes for that gear makes the gear more 'expensive' per energy and reduced how much you can farm it - and for what, to save Sim Tickets?

I say that because I understand, and have seen peoples strategy and work around for the people hovering at 0 Sim tickets.

The gear grind is real. This isn't the first game where grinding out something to empower your account has been frustrating. However, having to buy 20 Sim for crystals so that I don't have to try auto battles is an annoyance on top of what is already a hassle.

Can we just drop them? For the people who have an endless supply, whatever they're doing, they won't be affected. It's not even a mechanic for them. For us working shmoes can stop autoing under the desk like we're pre-verts, it'll remove a big PITA.

Content is more important, I'm sure a number of player's will agree, but, as one of my close associates likes to say, "you never won't get anything if you don't ask". Thank you, probably wrote more then was necessary, but coming on and just writing 'sim tkts sux' wouldn't be effective either :smile:
TL:DR - Could we remove sim tickets please, and let us auto, or do something with them. X# of players have a bajillion, and the lack of them is just a big hassle for the remaining X# of players.
#AcolyteShootsTwice

Replies

• Options
    Sim ticket will never be removed, it is intentional to force players to spend crystals on energy refils/shop to buy them or to endure pain of manualy plaing, get frustrated and spend crystals on sim tickets to easy pain.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I hate sim tickets too, but need them. There is too much content and things to complete in any given day, I simply do not have the time to even auto battle most things.

I hover around 500 sim tickets and been doing that for the last year (I am F2P). Eventually I get below 450, so instead of saving my free crystals for gear or shards I spend them on sim tickets to pep up my stock.

I think 30 crystals for 20 meansly sim tickets is a joke. It should be 30 crystals for 50 sim tickets.

Effectively sim tickets should be removed. Like the OP states it won't hurt long-time players as they have hundreds or even thousands.

Sim tickets hurt the new player base. Older players may continue playi9ng this game because they are invested in it or become bored and want to quit. New players have nothing to lose and can quit 1 day after they start playing.

For any new player, there is so much content to farm for - toons, ships, gear, credits, droids etc etc
    Then throw the sim ticket issue at them. I doubt they would last as long-standing future players. I know I wouldn't if I started playing this game yesterday.

However, @DevilMayCry is also right. EA/CG & Dev team see sim tickets as yet another money grab. Seems like such a shame.