Please nerf baze.

Louiminati_44
19 posts Member
edited February 2017
Please nerf baze. I'm running an empire team with shore and dt and he legit just 1v5s my whole team. I have 2k more power and he has infinite health infinite counters and he has a move that one shots my whole team. Please knock him down just a tad so he's not just brainlessly solo winning games
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Baze is definitely beatable, lol. You just need to get better at the game.
  • Options
    I have
    Vader 4 stars
    Boba 7 stars
    Dt 3 stars
    Tfp 6 stars
    Shore 4 stars
    I'm level 67 and the other guys 64 were both top 10. Baze should not be able to solo my whole team. Baze has offense and defense mods while I have speed and health on everyone. He's just a brainless character
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have
    Vader 4 stars
    Boba 7 stars
    Dt 3 stars
    Tfp 6 stars
    Shore 4 stars
    I'm level 67 and the other guys 64 were both top 10. Baze should not be able to solo my whole team. Baze has offense and defense mods while I have speed and health on everyone. He's just a brainless character
    Exactly... you aren't end game or even anywhere near. If you had EP or darth Vader Zeta lead, you'd walk all over baze (also, your characters are way under starred). Stop crying for a nerf when it's not even needed.
  • Options
    So there's just no counter play at my level. Gotcha
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have
    Vader 4 stars
    Boba 7 stars
    Dt 3 stars
    Tfp 6 stars
    Shore 4 stars

You are missing EP. Anyway, execute with Boba or clear with dt to remove taunt, put buff immunity with tfp so he can't get it back (or hots from chirrut), ...oh, I was going to say kill someone else then deathmark baze, but I don't think you can omega that at your level.

Anyway, at your level, some toons are going to seem OP. As you go on, you will be able to counter. If you're in range of top 10, you're in a good place.
  • Options
    There is a counter... there's always a counter. Try killing baze first, or deathmark him with your DT.
  • Options
    You should not run vader as lead. Post your swgoh.gg profile and people can provide more input. I would do Boba lead over vader with your current team in a heartbeat. What gear level are your guys also?
  • Options
    I appreciate the help but it's just frustrating rn. Once I get omegas I'll stomp on them
  • Options
    There is a counter... there's always a counter. Try killing baze first, or deathmark him with your DT.

That would require DT to be level 80 sadly
  • Options
    It's a well known fact that these new rebels (and the old) are OP as ****. That being said, it's your team that's the issue. Keep grinding and play around the people you can't beat.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Ah, didn't realise that... haven't even looked at DT or Krennic's abilities properly because there's no point.
  • Options
    Come on, to be fair to the OP Baze will wipe the floor with most teams at lower levels. There's top 50 teams on my shard (~Aug 2016) that are running Baze at 3/4*, which would imply that if he's viable in that manner he probably is OP mid-game (level 50 - 70 ish). I can't say for certain as he wasn't around when I was around those levels and I can't really remember what team I was running but I think I probably would have had problems too
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Ah, didn't realise that... haven't even looked at DT or Krennic's abilities properly because there's no point.

At any rate, the lowest level omega I've ever seen is 76, and tier 3 of omega battles is locked below 75, I think. So that would be at least five from just GW drops (unless they are in fleet that early, but I would guess no).

But at any rate, I feel like adding that in my opinion, low-level Vader without EP lead isn't an arena toon. He's too slow, and his abilities require strategy. Without the tm gain from EP, the dots will be gone before he can do culling blade. I would honestly consider dumping him for someone else.
  • Options
    Yea baze prolly is OP at lower levels. Don't worry tho, once you get higher up everything will even out. Just hang in there bro.
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Come on, to be fair to the OP Baze will wipe the floor with most teams at lower levels. There's top 50 teams on my shard (~Aug 2016) that are running Baze at 3/4*, which would imply that if he's viable in that manner he probably is OP mid-game (level 50 - 70 ish). I can't say for certain as he wasn't around when I was around those levels and I can't really remember what team I was running but I think I probably would have had problems too

His viability at low stars is actually pretty irrelevant to whether or not he is overpowered at lower levels.
  • Options
    I'm level 74, and every single person in the top 10 of my shard other than myself runs Chase....I Can't break top 5 because even when I have higher power, and better mods I can't beat him. I get it evens out at level 85, but I agree there needs to be some kind of nerf.

I can execute Chirute, and kill all other support. But just like OP Baze wins against me in 4v1. Its insane watching your whole team die to one single character.
  • Options
    The fact baze is beatable doesn't mean he isn't totally off control. And he for sure is.
    Read his abilities, each of them does 4 or 5 things at the same time. And he has more than most any other toons.
    He's worth at least as much as 3 other random toons of the same level/gear/mods.
    Again, the fact he's beatable doesn't mean he's fine.
    And dropping other out of control toons in the game only to beat chaze teams doesn't make things any better.
  • Options
    Why are people suggesting EP as the counter to baze?? Apart from the potential stun which is effective against any toon in the game until they inevitably release one that permanently has immunity to stun. The ACTUAL counter is anyone who inflicts daze (albeit there's only 2 toons that can currently inflict it, I think)
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Why are people suggesting EP as the counter to baze?? Apart from the potential stun which is effective against any toon in the game until they inevitably release one that permanently has immunity to stun. The ACTUAL counter is anyone who inflicts daze (albeit there's only 2 toons that can currently inflict it, I think)

Jyn's zeta makes her immune to stun. But it's more the shock. Baze can't heal, can't gain additional buffs if he's shocked.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

Jyn's zeta makes her immune to stun. But it's more the shock. Baze can't heal, can't gain additional buffs if he's shocked.

^This. Baze's counter attack does very little damage. You don't need to stop him from countering, especially when he's the only one left as suggested by the 1v5 of the OP. Just stop him from healing or taunting or gaining retribution again, and also stop him from gaining TM. He's slow, and his counter attacks won't really put a dent in your team as long as you can kill him before he heals over and over again.
  • Options
    Without Chirrut you can take advantage of Baze's counter attacks with a Rex lead, STH, or other "gain ... when damaged" style effects. Honestly I think he would be better off without the retribution buff since Chirrut gives him a really high passive counter chance anyways
  • Options
    Please nerf also Kenobi
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate the help but it's just frustrating rn. Once I get omegas I'll stomp on them

So, you are aware, that you haven't reached end—game, and that things might change later — yet you still made this post? Shame on you!
  • Options
    he is in gw 12th node these past two days with jason lead err kenobi, baris, ayla,five and one of them are zeta ed tbh its very exciting moment :smile:
    he is completely fine(like cancer) leave baze alone.
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Use Boba's execute or run B-2. This team is hard, but beatable. I wouldn't be so quick to call for a nerf since with the coming DS characters they'll probably make the R1 rebels f2p so you can still compete.
  • Options
    Work on your strategy and synergy and counter options