New Characters release

MPac
196 posts Member
The announcement from @CG_Tophat doesn't mention anything about released characters that did not debut in the new event format. Any ideas as to when they will be farmable? jyn, chaze, etc.?

Replies

• Options
    pretty sure they will be released the same way man. Do those ppl need a nerf tho
  • Options
    pretty sure they will be released the same way man. Do those ppl need a nerf tho

what im saying is that they do need a nerf. BAD.
  • Options

what im saying is that they do need a nerf. BAD.

No they don't. The new Empire/Sith meta is coming. Who do you think will be able to stand against them? Besides, these toons already have viable counters like B-2, Boba and Zader.
  • Options
    No they don't. The new Empire/Sith meta is coming. Who do you think will be able to stand against them? Besides, these toons already have viable counters like B-2, Boba and Zader.[/quote]

So basically you're saying every new toon will just have to be stronger than the last released? Sound strategy for making money but all the old toons will become unused. You must be a league of legends player.

• Options
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    No they don't. The new Empire/Sith meta is coming. Who do you think will be able to stand against them? Besides, these toons already have viable counters like B-2, Boba and Zader.

So basically you're saying every new toon will just have to be stronger than the last released? Sound strategy for making money but all the old toons will become unused. You must be a league of legends player.

[/quote]

Old toons get reworked.
  • Options

[/quote]

This is the way the game is designed. Power creep, I mean remember when Dooku was OP? How bout Old Ben lead? I mean get used to it. It's just a fact.
  • Options
    Well, yes and no. When was the last time you saw Rey in a top 50 arena team. But now we start to see asajj creeping back in and Darth Sidious, neither of which I ever thought I would use again. Changing metas honestly just sort of changes what works. I dont really have a problem with the new rebels.
  • Options
    Sfortune wrote: »
    Well, yes and no. When was the last time you saw Rey in a top 50 arena team. But now we start to see asajj creeping back in and Darth Sidious, neither of which I ever thought I would use again. Changing metas honestly just sort of changes what works. I dont really have a problem with the new rebels.

And we can Assume with Nihilus Sith Characters that may not work now will work in the future
  • Options
    Unless they fix DT he is the new meta and a maxed 7* high potency fast DT will kill the 5 rebels before they can move.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Unless they fix DT he is the new meta and a maxed 7* high potency fast DT will kill the 5 rebels before they can move.

Yes but we have months before everyone will have a 7* of him... new meta will come
  • Options

This is the way the game is designed. Power creep, I mean remember when Dooku was OP? How bout Old Ben lead? I mean get used to it. It's just a fact.[/quote]

Difference is, Dooku couldn't equalize health or grant tenacity up, have massive health steal, grant heal over times to himself and allies, have a high damaging assist... Or be endgame arena viable at 3-4 stars. See what we're saying?
  • Options

Not true went against a 7* speed 212 potency 67% DT with a 7* krennic on a zader team in gw and i rocked it with my rebel team.
  • Options
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »

Not true went against a 7* speed 212 potency 67% DT with a 7* krennic on a zader team in gw and i rocked it with my rebel team.

GW doesn't know how to use the new bug.
  • Options
    IG0_Harry wrote: »

This is the way the game is designed. Power creep, I mean remember when Dooku was OP? How bout Old Ben lead? I mean get used to it. It's just a fact.

Difference is, Dooku couldn't equalize health or grant tenacity up, have massive health steal, grant heal over times to himself and allies, have a high damaging assist... Or be endgame arena viable at 3-4 stars. See what we're saying?[/quote]

We're hijacking this thread so this will be the last thing I have to say about this. I will reiterate that these toons have perfectly viable counters already f2p in the game. More powerful toons are coming. A nerf is not what is needed because chances are really good that a new toon or two will make these. (Too OP, please NERF!), buffs and abilities obsolete. Just be happy when you can add them just the way they are to your roster. You may be getting owned by them now, but that will not be the way it is for long.

Furthermore, if we decide that the best way to deal with toons like this is to continually nerf them then why bother farming anything? See what I'm saying?
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    IG0_Harry wrote: »

This is the way the game is designed. Power creep,

Actually it's called "Disrupt" and it originated with HoDA. He who shall not be named coined it and has since regretted it lol (I was nice, didn't name drop).

Humor aside it is based on Tony Stark's philosophy pre iron man. Sell to both sides and keep escalating, until they reach M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction, or in the case of SWGOH, until they run out of heroes to add without ignoring canon