Fun Challenge: Could the 6 Sith Team beat your roster?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited February 2017
Imagine fighting a 6-Man squad, GW style, except its the one and only node. These are the 6 Sith, all max gear, max abilities (zeta) and modded as well the best arena team on your shard. All their leader abilities are active! (Note: You can only only use one leader and 5-man squads, like normal).

Emperor Palpatine (L)
Darth Vader (L-Zeta)
Darth Maul (L-Zeta)
Darth Sideous (L) (Zeta)
Count Dooku (L)
Savage Oppress (L)

How well do they do against your roster? Can you beat them with one team? Or do they prevail. What strategy would you use? Dooku and Oppress may normally be fodder, but max geared and under all these leader abilities may make them more useful.

BONUS ROUND: If you think this is too easy, what if Assajj Ventress had the sith tag, and her leader ability applied to the Sith (not just Nightsisters)... and double zeta Ventress joined the Squad? Yup, a size 7 squad versus your standard 5-man squads.

Emperor Palpatine (L)
Darth Vader (L-Zeta)
Darth Maul (L-Zeta)
Darth Sideous (L) (Zeta)
Count Dooku (L)
Savage Oppress (L)
Sith Assajj Ventress (L-applies to sith, Zeta) (Zeta)

(Note: Like in GW if you kill a char on the enemy team and re-enter the node, the dead char's leader ability doesn't apply anymore. Unless you want it to for the challenge!)

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think with the bad ai and no real sith synergy other than leader abilities for maul, ep, and Vader; I would be able to beat it with my normal maxed sith/Jedi squad. I have enough cleanser and tenacity up that the debuffs will be no problem. The enemies wouldn't have any mods, so my toons with my mods would destroy.
    Now if Nithilus was the 8th and it was 8 vs 5 and all enemies were g12; it may be different.
    This sounds like fun
    Could add GG to this as well
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    I think with the bad ai and no real sith synergy other than leader abilities for maul, ep, and Vader; I would be able to beat it with my normal maxed sith/Jedi squad. I have enough cleanser and tenacity up that the debuffs will be no problem. The enemies wouldn't have any mods, so my toons with my mods would destroy.
    Now if Nithilus was the 8th and it was 8 vs 5 and all enemies were g12; it may be different.
    This sounds like fun

Yes I think tenacity up is definetly a weakness in squad one. Maybe Maul and Vader can wreck a bit of havoc though, while Maul's Leader buys them a bit of time. Thats definitely a decent team to play squad one with though.

I do think squad 2 with Ventress is a lot harder, if she uses her AOE dispell at the right time to remove tenacity up.. The constant TM removal would maybe be disrupting as well..

What if the enemies are well-modded, btw? I originally intended that as unmodded may be too easy lol.

I think adding GG is a cool idea! I do wanna see what more people think here first. Excited about Nihilus, he would be my first add in before Ventress if we knew what he did already.
  • Options
    With all of the leader abilities Zeta I'm confident there isn't a team who would beat it due to uncleansible dots, EPs tm gain for debuff giving most sith multiple turns and DV tm reduction as well as dooku evade bonus and mauls stealth on evade

Having all those leader bonus' would make the team (as long as they're modded to go first) unbeatable
  • Options
    This sounds like fun

OP said they're modded to best of their ability so long as they have speed your cleanse won't do anything due to Vader you'd die
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    With all of the leader abilities Zeta I'm confident there isn't a team who would beat it due to uncleansible dots, EPs tm gain for debuff giving most sith multiple turns and DV tm reduction as well as dooku evade bonus and mauls stealth on evade

Having all those leader bonus' would make the team (as long as they're modded to go first) unbeatable

Team-2 is a monster, I think it might be unbeatable. But what about Team 1's lack of dispell and susceptibility to Tenacity Up? Also, I think Palp's TM gain only applies to empire.

Maul's and Dooku's (but especially Maul's) Leader abilities give the squad great protection but perhaps a Chaze/Wiggs/Lando or similar config could potentially kill Maul or Dooku before they die, leaving them more vulnerable and less versatile for other squads sent in?
  • Options
    Looks like a prediction for Stage 10 Battles.. But yeah, i'd die.
  • Options
    This sounds like fun

OP said they're modded to best of their ability so long as they have speed your cleanse won't do anything due to Vader you'd die

Ok so I would bring Rex lead in. Let's say enemy ep is fastest. If he fails to stun Rex, and Rex gains tm off of his leader ability, than grants tm/tenacity up, its GG.
    It would fun to play this event; don't get me wrong. No need for my cleanse when I have tenacity up. No sith can dispell, hopefully the asaj is moded and zeta so she would go first and waste her aoe dispell.
    2 dodge leads and 2 tm reduce/gain leads. A speed lead plus a crit chance and a defense lead would make it fun to go against.
    But 4/7 of those sith hit like little girls and just plain out suck.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »

Team-2 is a monster, I think it might be unbeatable. But what about Team 1's lack of dispell and susceptibility to Tenacity Up? Also, I think Palp's TM gain only applies to empire.

Maul's and Dooku's (but especially Maul's) Leader abilities give the squad great protection but perhaps a Chaze/Wiggs/Lando or similar config could potentially kill Maul or Dooku before they die, leaving them more vulnerable and less versatile for other squads sent in?

True it's possible for tenacity up to beat emp teams usually but most tenacity toons are pretty squishy and with speed mods on them you'll have-

Sid going twice (his Zeta giving 2 dots and then his usual giving healing dot) as well as dmg from both move

Palp going twice first for stun (may shock all toons may only a couple) then going again for shock

Vader going for his 3 DOTS then speed down then his culling blade which at this point would be about 6-8 dots his blade will kill anyone then having another basic attack

Maul for AOE dmg and daze

Dooku for ... Well he's a waste could probably drop him but his evasion is nice lol

@Jetlife just seen your post but read this ^

The problem is with your Rex you're gonna be praying for good RNG yes if you get crit you'll have full tm but then if Vader is going you're dead due to dots and culling blade if maul goes you're getting daze so no TM from crits if palp goes you're getting stunned

All these toons are gonna have a ton of mods on and you're hoping that the Rex can be faster but even if he isn't I recon a bit of a slog grinding down the Rex as he's still squishy and as soon as your tenacity comes off you're dead again I just don't think it's possible without praying to RNGesus

The only thing the sith will need to mod for is speed to be faster than you, your Rex will need to mod accordingly as will your other toons
  • Options
    I'd like to fight a sid that is under maul and dooku lead with a squad of Jedi. Dodges through the roof
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    lol I remember your previous one of these. Depends on mods but with maul there it would be pretty tough because of their speed. I think my best bet would be to send in droids first to do a bit of damage and hopefully kill EP and make sure I die with their specials used up and then go in with Rex lead Wiggs and try to kill at least Maul & EP.

Btw Savage and Dooku are fairly useless in that lineup, Shore and TFP or Krooper would be much tougher.
  • Options
    What if the sith had Darth Jar Jar? No one would ever stand a chance
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    All the Zeta abilities are active?

As in, Dooku + 15% evasion, Maul + 20% evasion, Sith get 20% TM, Stealth, and Offense up when they evade, They all start with 20% TM... EP lead means Maul and Vader and EP will be regaining health like crazy, Vader and EP will take a ton of extra turns from TM gain, and with every turn they're all going to be removing tons of TM thanks to Vader lead, Sidious will have ultra high potency and add DoTs to Vader and remove TM, Savage will... I mean he'll stand there and just get hit, but like the rest of them would absolutely wreck your ****. Add in Ventress's leader ability in the bonus round and each of them have 2x 50% chance to remove 20% TM each attack (and vader and EP will have 3 because theres one for sith and one for empire). Basically they'd all start with 20% TM, then get advantage when stealth goes away and ensure your team doesn't move by continually removing TM and stunning you and slowing you and shocking you and applying DoTs and letting Vader go to work on you with Culling blade, and Maul's Hp will just keep going up. As in, you lose.