Team building help

Morwhen
15 posts Member
edited February 2017
I find myself at an impasse, unable to decide on a course of action to migrate my arena team to a better comp.

I am currently running Lando(L), Wiggs, STH, BF. I'm always in top 50, usually hanging around 21-35.

We are running HAAT regularly, and I am expecting to unlock GK in about 5 weeks. I'll have the gear to get him to G11 with no problems, missing only some carbanti mk3 (he requires a gargantuan amount of those).

I have 24 zeta in hand, and plenty of omega. I sim the challenge and buy zetas every few days.

Currently farming:
Vader 6* at 80/100 shards from Fleet and Shard shop.
B2 5* at 30/85 shards from Cantina.
Poe 6* at 97/100 shards from LS node.
Ships from GW.

Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/morwhen/collection/

As you can see I have a good roster, many decently well-geared. I'm not sure what to focus on, and where to invest my zeta. Here are the options I have considered:

Zader Empire team:
Zader (L), EP, TFP, RG/BF, GK. This seems a bit of a dead-end right now. I could replace RG with BF zeta when I get enough. I could also add Zeta DS to this team somewhere.

Jedi V1:
ZQGJ (L), Zarriss, GK, JKA, ?. I would have to gear up Barriss. Not sure about the fifth. Yoda, Fives, Ahsoka? I don't have them well-geared either but they're at 7*. I don't have enough Zeta yet but should by the time I get GK.

Jedi V2:
GK (L), Zarriss, ZFives, ?, ?. I've seen similar teams with Aayla, but I don't have her. B2 is an option, as are other Jedi already mentioned. I don't have other clones.

I have a number of other 7* characters, some left on the side along the way that I could bring back up. I have plenty of credits to level them.

I don't have crazy good mods, but I have some decent choice in remodding, and I can sim Health, Defense, CritDmg, CritChance, Tenacity and Potency mod challenges for more choices.

I would welcome any sensible suggestions you may have.
Post edited by Morwhen on

Replies

• Options
    No one has any advice?
  • Options
    Hey!

Empire: I think (and I have this and works well!!!! even if none of my my empire characters maxed) empire team is better than any other. My team is EP(leader), DV, Boba, TFP and Shoretrooper. I tried my RG instead of Shore and instead of Boba and finally instead of TFP but I still think RG is not fit well enough to change any of these chars. Before Boba's update I used RG but now I think Boba is better even if he is not an Empire or Sith char. He is really really strong. Method is the same always. I start with EP's "Power of Dark Side" than Boba's "Death From Above". For me I always start with them and fást enough to not die with any char before I can use EP's PoDS and because of the stuns I can than win if I do it well. So than when DV comes I use his "Force Crush". Because of the bonuses from EP I can than use DV again instantly so I use his "Culling Blade". If everything goes well than I can kill a char now and that means DV comes again. This is really good I think. I think only that Clone assist thing is better than this but Clones can die faster than this Empire team on the same (or nearly same) level. Just be sure you have Shoretrooper. Without Shore you can die much more easier what means that you will loose a char before you can use EP. Worst is if you loose EP. :) So Get Shore to survive and than finish the fight. :) I tested RG. At start he is good but later he can't be Strong enough instead of Shore. So Shore!!! :) I don't like Krennic and Death Trooper but it's just my opinion. Not bad anyway but I can't "push" two chars from the main team and they are good just with each other. Maybe Tarkin can be good instead of Boba. I don't know because my Tarkin is still weak but I'll try that soon. :)

So other three teams what I think are good:

Rebel: STH (leader), Biggs and Wedge (really Strong combo) and I prefer Lando and Ackbar but unfortunately I don't know the new rebels. I mean Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut and Baze. Maybe they can be better. But STH, Biggs and Wedge are the main chars. I see Leila lots of times but I don't know why. She can be defeated really easily and I don't think she is good enough. Not bad but I think she's like RG on dark side. Good but not enough.

Clones: I really hate this team. I mean when I face against it. Here Fives is really good with his counter attacks and with "Combined Fire". Don't forget you use clones! :) Cody is... erm brutal!!!!! In a clone team his "212th attack" is op. Really nice dmg... I think he is the best leader for this team because this team is an attacker team so crit is really good and you still get defense bonuses too. Echo can give turn meter what is really nice for this team while we has a dispeller skill too. Rex do the opposition with the dispell. I have never use this team before so idk but maybe he can be a good leader too. You get no crit but get turn meter so you can attack faster. If you do it well than it can be more dmg than the dmgs with crit in all. Instead of defence and prot you get HP. That can be good for survive too but idk. How I said I have never use this team before so I can't say he is better as leader than Cody. Fifth Clone is Clone Sergeant. He can be fast and his "Suppressive Fire" is good but I still think he is notso Strong even if he get the bonuses because he is Clone. I think STH can fit this team well and better with his "Bluff" and "Draw Fire". Maybe Plo Koon can be a good choice too instead of STH. Bit weaker but gives better defence for your team. I have never tried this char but General Kenobi seems to be a good choicce for this team too.

Jedi: QGJ (leader) is the best leader for a Jedi team I think. Speed+Offense+Foresight are really good bonuses. I tried this and speed works really nicely. His all skills are good. Turn Meter killer, Dispeller, Assist Caller. All are good. Nice char! Others are Luminara (Ability Block+Heal), Kit Fisto (multiple attacks, counter attacker and potency bonus). I didn't try all Jedi so maybe some chars can fit better even if those chars are Jedi or not but I think the balanced healer Jedi Consular is good and the final character can be JKA. I tried Yoda and Old Ben too. I like their skills better than JKA's but they deal not good dmg and they can die easily. I don't like them but idk... I don't like other Jedies. Even with their skills I don't think they are Strong enough and most of them dies easily.