Cantina energy too slow to recharge

With so many things needing cantina energy it's pretty frustrating that it takes so long to recharge. It makes it super difficult to farm shards, acquire mods, and then they put ships in the cantina too. Then you only get one a day bonus cantina energy!

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    pretty sure that's a design choice. Cantina is there to further the illusion that all can be had for free. it preys on your impatience so you'll... purchase crystal packs.
  • Options
    Something called energy refresh..
  • Options
    We used to not get any bonus cantina energy. And the cost for a refresh jumped from 100 crystals on the first refresh to 200 crystals on the 2nd.

Cantina is supposed to be longer. It's why you have more powerful characters there. It is disappointing that the mod challenges use the same energy, but it is what it is now. And it's a choice. Do you go after that next character/ship, or work to get the mods. There's no right answer, it's up to you to see what benefits you the most. For me, I'm going after mods. I have more characters than I can gear anyway. Once I'm happy with the gearing of my current toons, I can consider a new one to shop for in Cantina. And I should have some pretty sweet mods at that point as well.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    We used to not get any bonus cantina energy. And the cost for a refresh jumped from 100 crystals on the first refresh to 200 crystals on the 2nd.

Cantina is supposed to be longer. It's why you have more powerful characters there. It is disappointing that the mod challenges use the same energy, but it is what it is now. And it's a choice. Do you go after that next character/ship, or work to get the mods. There's no right answer, it's up to you to see what benefits you the most. For me, I'm going after mods. I have more characters than I can gear anyway. Once I'm happy with the gearing of my current toons, I can consider a new one to shop for in Cantina. And I should have some pretty sweet mods at that point as well.

This. I'm taking same approach and only using free cantina energy for tfp st moment and 2-3 refreshes on mods.
  • Options
    And the cost for a refresh jumped from 100 crystals on the first refresh to 200 crystals on the 2nd.

It did? Are you sure about that? When did this happen and how did I not notice?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    And the cost for a refresh jumped from 100 crystals on the first refresh to 200 crystals on the 2nd.

It did? Are you sure about that? When did this happen and how did I not notice?

It's been a few months now. I also remember this. For some reason I thought it was 50 for the first refresh then 200 for the second. I know for sure that the second refresh was 200 crystals.
  • Options
    Was 100 first 200 second. I think it was the last "big" update that they changed the second refresh to 100. I used to complain about the slow refresh but got used to it. It's not an issue anymore especially with the free bonus energy. I farm B2 until I run low on sim tickets then I farm mods. Just gotta find what works for you.
  • Options
    Cantina energy's first 2 refreshes are 100 crystals since I've been playing in December. It is a really tough call. Honestly I go for Characters.There is only a limited number of them I want and a lot of the Cantina characters are great. I can always spam for unlimited mods after I have all the toons I need.

I'm sure the best way is a mix of both but I just dont care for mods beyond my top 10 toons yet.
  • Options
    Don't farm mods, challenge drops are terrible from there. But them from shipments