What healer for counter assist team?

Hello people! I'm currently working on a counter-assist team consisting of: Phasma (L), Kylo, Doku, Fives and [healer]. Normally I would just go fOr Luminara with her amazing heal. Also her damage is good for assists. But seeing the nature of the team, Daka be better? Lumi has the greatest heal, and solid damage and heal block. But daka could get some stuns of with all the assists in the team Her heal on the other hand is far, far lower then lumi but against poe-damage toons, res might be better?

So, what would be a better healer for counter assist team i named above? Superior heal with ability block and damage, or assist stuns with occasional res?

(another question, i mean it's kinda pointless to make a separate thread for it, but does the cost of hard missions refresh increase once done? For example when i refresh doku shard missions, does the cost for that day go to 100 or stay 50? I might wana buy 2000 crystals and do some doku farming, but if the price raises to 100 after 1 refresh, then it's hardly worth it.)

Replies

• Options
    Does someone atleast have the answer to the second question?:(
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think the cost increase.
    Regarding your team, I think you would be ok without any healer in Arena. I would use Geo (more assist) or QGJ (more assist) or FOST (counter, and sinergy with Phasma). But if you want one, use Daka, which has nice sinergy with Phasma
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! What should I do first? Get fives to 7 star or get Qui Gon unlocked and to 6?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've tinkered with teams like this. It is almost impossible to do in the current meta without Lumi. Even though she doesn't fit the concept, you need something to keep your guys alive to have a chance against the DPS teams because none of those guys is a hard hitter.
    I currently play a Phasma/Dooku/Sid-or-Assaj/Daka/Lumi variant and with all the Poe nonsense around often find I need both Daka's and Lumi's heals or I am dead before I start. Daka BTW is the only healer fast enough to have a chance to help your team before the Poe/Phasma teams wipe them out.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! What should I do first? Get fives to 7 star or get Qui Gon unlocked and to 6?

I'd go for QGJ.
  • Options
    Oh thanks for the reply qeltar! Then i might experiment a bit with daka too. Problem is who to farm first in cantina haha. Daka to try out or qui gon. Might do daka first!
  • Options

Fives is a tank ppl ignore.

QGJ is the best option
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Just tried a couple of experiments in my last GW node, against a fairly typical hum-drum team (Lumi lead, Dooku, Sid, Boba, JC). Not super challenging regardless.

Constant 4: Phasma lead, Kylo, Fives and Dooku. Note that my Fives is only 4*.

First try: used GS, pure offense. Fun, lots of damage, I would have won but the team would have been left in tatters. If I have bad luck here, I lose. And again, this isn't a tough team.
    Second try: used Lumi. Would have won easily, all 5 guys were near full health when I retreated.
    Third try: used Daka. Also worked well, ended more hurt than with Lumi but entirely viable and the extra stuns are handy.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I am looking at ackbar heals for my Phasma team. He has turn meter gain on basic attack, a free attack to give to an ally, then he gets to clear all debuffs(bugged now but in a world where it works properly) healing for each removed. This would help vs phasma and Sid the two most common toons a lot. With all that turn meter he gives and a heal he seems like a fit in my Phasma team. I'll let people know how it works lol.
  • Options
    Please do twaller! Sounds interesting. Alsi interesting reply queltar. After i ger fives to 6* i'll have ro decide to go for eithwr daka or QGJ. Please keep posting team set ups vs some pvp teams. Really interested in best counter assist set ups. Your replies are apriciated!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    twaller wrote: »
    I am looking at ackbar heals for my Phasma team. He has turn meter gain on basic attack, a free attack to give to an ally, then he gets to clear all debuffs(bugged now but in a world where it works properly) healing for each removed. This would help vs phasma and Sid the two most common toons a lot. With all that turn meter he gives and a heal he seems like a fit in my Phasma team. I'll let people know how it works lol.

I was thinking about trying the same thing myself. Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Poggle and Ackbar. But I already have 20 ST Han shards so I was going to go for him probably.
  • Options
    Daka is good with Phasma she gets procked a lot. Here is the thing though. Your team has a lot of assists, counters, some TM, very solid HP, but with exception to Dooku is fairly slow. The other thing is that it really does not put out much damage. Outrage in the right circumstances can, but all in all you have pretty low damage. Dooku with a good crit and a good hit on a bonus is only hitting, if lucky 5k on a turn, that though is rare usually 4kish( I run hum max gear) Phasma has so many great assets, damage is not one, same with 5's. Kylo is your main damage person, and he is decent at best(Though I've only used 6* gear 7)

My point on bringing this up is that your high HP counter teams simply will not survive, not with a Daka heal. Her res is nice for missions, but in PVP honestly anyone she brings back a damage macine like Rey, FOTP, or GEO will re-kill them if they pass gas in their direction.

Here is an example. If Ren is my main threat I hit him with Dooku, then Sid, then Geo dead before he moves. Dooku 5's and Phasma can tickle me all day long the way I use the one and only viable healer in PVP Lumi. If you go Daka, you stun me 1 or 2, but when a fully geared Dooku is the weakest hitter by far on the opposing team who cares if 2 are stunned? I have 1 hit with GS 5's fully leveled, Vader, Phasma fully leveled. The idea is sound. I built a Phasma, Dooku, Ventress, Daka, 5's team but it was eaten alive. Your best bet is to go with Lumi she'd be great for heal, and your hardest hitter. If this is PVP it depends your bracket. On mine that build would not have a prayer to be top 100. I float in the top 10 I can take 1st when it works out, but I hover in that top 10. My matches rarely are over 1:30 typically they are :45-1:30 depending on opponent and that is if I win or lose. When toons are crit hitting at 9k+ a 13-15k HP is not that big, and the 2-4k they hit back on counter(generous there for 5's and Dooku) is not going to do much when they only live long enough to counter once.

Please do not take this as knocking the build. In GW this build works great. I'd use Lumi over Daka still though to add some punch. Though I'm Bias I use Daka on my NS build for GW.

To anser your other question, yes it goes up. I do not recall how fast I won't pay the 100 with how terrible the drop rates are on the toons I'm doing, Rey, Dooku, Barriss, FOTP.

Hope this helped. The build is fun. If you have Ventress try the Phasma, Ventress, Dooku, Daka and whoever you want with it. Lumi is great to keep it alive. It is stun city. I did it on a cantina and at one point the whole opposition was stunned it was a trip.