Max white mods?

Hi guys,
I'be been farming crit dmgs mods since a month and I'm wondering if I should max up white mods.
I get plenty of 5 dots white mods and want to know if I should wait to drop green/blue/purple/gold beforr maxing them?
Is that worth it?

Replies

• Options
    Arrow - Speed
    Triangle - CD
    Triangle - CC
    Cross - Potency

These are all abilities matter in a white mod I think. I just sell the rest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you need speed secondaries and like to gamble. (If you have extra cerdits)

Put them up to lvl 12 to see if you get a +5 speed secondary.

If your not hunting for any speed you can get your hands on I would wait....

Worth keeping and upgrading :
    Speed arrow, yes
    Crit damage triangle, yes/maybe
    Keep potency, or at least I do.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I wouldn't unless the particular primary is very good and you are lacking that primary. For example, critical damage, Potency, and obviously speed.

However, if you need 1 or 2 to complete a set it's not the worst decision in the world, but you could also just do a mod battle and grab a low level mod and max that. Won't cost you much to do either.
  • Options
    Nice and quick answers, thank you guys :smile:
  • Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »
    Arrow - Speed
    Triangle - CD
    Triangle - CC
    Cross - Potency

These are all abilities matter in a white mod I think. I just sell the rest.

^This. If they have VERY hard to come by primary stats they are good. The rest are utter garbage. Junk em!

For the rest? Don't ever under any circumstances upgrade any mod that isn't green/blue/purple/gold with the primary and set bonus you want, and a secondary stat you want already showing.
  • Options
    Hey! So if I got this right, white 5 dots mods can't get very high speed secondary if maxed?
  • Options
    Correct.

Yellow- starts with all 4 secondaries and get 4 upgrades. It could be 1 stat like speed or spread around.
    Purple- starts with 3, gets 3 upgrades and then the 4th drops
    Blue- 2 and 2
    Green- 1 stat/upgrade, 3 drops
    White- all 4 drop
  • Options
    White mods should stay level 1 if u know what your doing
  • Options
    Actually, white mods are very helpful--so long as you put them on pilots you don't plan on using for anything other than ship fights.

All that matters for a pilot is the level and number of pips on their mods. So all those crummy white circles or Crit Avoidance arrows that you want to just throw away, you can toss onto your pilots and level up. And, hey, if you wind up getting good secondaries you can always take it off and give it to someone you like...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    i will upgrade speed or protection prime white mods, that's about it
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Actually, white mods are very helpful--so long as you put them on pilots you don't plan on using for anything other than ship fights.

All that matters for a pilot is the level and number of pips on their mods. So all those crummy white circles or Crit Avoidance arrows that you want to just throw away, you can toss onto your pilots and level up. And, hey, if you wind up getting good secondaries you can always take it off and give it to someone you like...

+1