Suggestion from a grumpy baby!

OK, so why can't arena payout rewards just be based on what rank you achieve throughout the day??? Wouldn't it save so much stress??? And they are OK with multiple people getting rank 1 payout since multiple people can if they have different payout times. Which makes people purposely change their phone time when making an account just so they have an odd payout time. Doesn't that seem stupid???

OK here's my story, so it's about 5 o'clock and my wife wants to go out and eat. So we get the kids together and get the restaurant about 530. I'm at about rank 6 and I decide to get in place for rank 1. So I attack rank 2 and while I'm fighting my wife notices me playing and gives me the big eye roll. So I finish discretely and then we get our table. So at 5:55 we are eating, and I notice the time and attack 1. I kill all but one of his and then decide to wait cause I know another top player has the same payout time as me. I keep glancing at my phone to make sure I don't wait too long and my wife catches me again and says, "oh my gosh are you really still playing we are at dinner!!!" So of course I lie and say I was just checking the time. I hit the auto button to win and enjoy the rest of dinner with my family thinking I should have gotten rank 1. I check my phone when I get home and nope!!! I got rank 5 payout, that's like 200 less crystals and I'm all FTP!!! Oh man put me in such a fowl mood. The other guy had to have beat me with seconds to spare. But my point is why should we have to fight eachother when if one of us had just a different payout time everything would be fine??? Seems so stupid to me, and in this case I would have been better off just not attack number 1, and I would have gotten rank 2, but within 5 minutes I went from rank 2, to 1 to 5 and get the worse payout of all those ranks. Soooooo

Please please please please make it so your arena is based on the highest rank achieved throughout the day!!! Please please please please please please please please please

Sob story over ;-)

Replies

• Options
    Haha I feel ya. I have this problem of folks constantly knocking me back when I climb to defend thier spot when it's clearly not thier payout. They are just doing it to be an ****. Makes some days really fustrating blowing crystals fighting back and forth with people whose payout isn't the same as yours.
  • Options
    Lol no kidding, it just causes so much stress and hatred :-P and I'm not gonna lie, I tend to always take a bathroom break at like 5:50pm every day at work, I feel doing that for a game, but hey, they make me feel like I have too!
  • Options
    if that makes the dude upset he should see my payouts. they aren't even anywhere near that close.

guess he's one of those super competitive players i avoid at all cost.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stuey wrote: »
    OK, so why can't arena payout rewards just be based on what rank you achieve throughout the day??? Wouldn't it save so much stress??? And they are OK with multiple people getting rank 1 payout since multiple people can if they have different payout times. Which makes people purposely change their phone time when making an account just so they have an odd payout time. Doesn't that seem ****???

OK here's my story, so it's about 5 o'clock and my wife wants to go out and eat. So we get the kids together and get the restaurant about 530. I'm at about rank 6 and I decide to get in place for rank 1. So I attack rank 2 and while I'm fighting my wife notices me playing and gives me the big eye roll. So I finish discretely and then we get our table. So at 5:55 we are eating, and I notice the time and attack 1. I kill all but one of his and then decide to wait cause I know another top player has the same payout time as me. I keep glancing at my phone to make sure I don't wait too long and my wife catches me again and says, "oh my gosh are you really still playing we are at dinner!!!" So of course I lie and say I was just checking the time. I hit the auto button to win and enjoy the rest of dinner with my family thinking I should have gotten rank 1. I check my phone when I get home and nope!!! I got rank 5 payout, that's like 200 less crystals and I'm all FTP!!! Oh man put me in such a fowl mood. The other guy had to have beat me with seconds to spare. But my point is why should we have to fight eachother when if one of us had just a different payout time everything would be fine??? Seems so **** to me, and in this case I would have been better off just not attack number 1, and I would have gotten rank 2, but within 5 minutes I went from rank 2, to 1 to 5 and get the worse payout of all those ranks. Soooooo

Please please please please make it so your arena is based on the highest rank achieved throughout the day!!! Please please please please please please please please please

Sob story over ;-)

If what you are opossing to have a best rank throughout the day where atm you have 1 person to compete with. Your asking for the entire shard to compete against the top?

In my experience with this method there would be alot more movement and constant battling and refreshes if you had to keep fighting for spots. You could be a rank 2 one day then when you go to sleep and wake up you could be at rank 30. This would be a constant flow of everyone pushing for top 20 instead of now people pushing for their payouts.

This method would only benifet people that can keep refreshing battles with crystals so F2P will loose their spots in top 20 due to the fact battle refreshes will be a constant thing vs the rewards then vs what crystals your left with from the rewards to then keep aside for next day of battling and will slow down your progression
  • Options
    i think the idea is ludicrous. so if i wake up at 8 am and do battle and make it to first place then i can stop arena battles for the day because no matter what rank i actually am at payout i was at rank 1 in the morning so i should get rank 1 payout? NOT.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You were in a fowl mood? So did you order the duck then, or was it just chicken?

So anyway, I know "losing" 200 crystals sucks, but the day you go out to dinner with your family is maybe the day you decide to not give a crap. Sorry, but I'm with your wife on this one. Just be thankful that you are in top 10 as an f2p.
  • Options
    Why is that so bad? So ya, you get rank one at least once throughout the day you get rank 1 payout, if you only get to rank 15 as your highest throughout the day, that's your payout. Makes sense to me because obviously your team was good enough to get rank one, so why not give you rank 1 rewards? Why make you have to battle someone else right before payout to be considered rank 1. I had rank 1, 1 minute before payout, but I get rank 5 payout?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why is that so bad? So ya, you get rank one at least once throughout the day you get rank 1 payout, if you only get to rank 15 as your highest throughout the day, that's your payout. Makes sense to me because obviously your team was good enough to get rank one, so why not give you rank 1 rewards? Why make you have to battle someone else right before payout to be considered rank 1. I had rank 1, 1 minute before payout, but I get rank 5 payout?

Because you want to remove competition for a participation award.

I agree with one of the previous posts, maybe once and a while you don't care if you get somewhere in the top 10.

As stated above, you think it's bad now if you implement this type of system, maybe more people will get rank 1 and go through you to get it. A plan like this would probably triple if not more the number of "#1" payouts....
  • Options
    i'm with the wife on this one as well. playing the game for 200 crystals at dinner with the wife and children.

as for it being bad. well that's not the point of arena. it would work exactly how i said. someone would hit rank 1 and stop battling for the rest of the day. the point is that your team is good enough to get in rank 1 and stay there.

there is actually some luck involved in getting to a better rank. i've been lucky enough times. i've won plenty of times i should have been destroyed but rng allowed me to go first and i was able to dominate with the team i had. but i didn't stay there very long and rightfully so.
  • Options

The idea

So everyone determines the rank by highest rank achieved.

Lets say day 1 2 3 4 your still hitting Rank 1 and so is everyone else in your top 50. All are getting the same crystals as yourself then over a couple of weeks you find yourself fighting with 50 other players and you wake up say rank 55 and you gotta refresh 2-3 refreshes to get to your highest achieved.
  • Options
    @Stuey, You should get 500 crystals a day for the next year just for telling that story, since the way you told it is just pure gold! I can absolutely relate!
  • Options
    Lol thanks Barhebraeus, and I guess my point is agree with my wife too! I just hate having a mini panic attack 5 minutes before 6 and hoping I can wind up first, then to make it worse you have ship battles due an hour later!! I just wish I could do it on my own time. I guess I understand, maybe it would make things worse with everyone doing refreshes, but man, you can do that now anyway can't you??? I don't know, it was just my thought, I hate feeling like I need to be attached to my phone right before payout.

And I know, it's easy to say it's just a game but hey, if you want to be competitive, you kind of have too, and the extra crystals are so just so important to me as FTP.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    my point is why do you have a mini panic attack?? it's just a game it's only 200 crystals.

i don't understand. i'm ftp as well. i never hang around during payout time. i'm actually not even by my phone at payout time. i miss all kinds of stuff from being at work. i never get my noon refreshes that come. lots of times i miss the evening refresh. heck i rarely get the dailies all completed.
  • Options
    I hear ya. I am father of three and married and it's tough to do something at that time. Why would it be a 6p?

I joined a guild that raids at noon. That time works really well. Usually in between at work and sometimes lunch. Never bothers my wife and I never neglect the kids. Noon works.

But 6p is the worst time for a father of young children and I almost never battle for the top spot because of it.

In fact most of the time what I do is battle 2-3 times throughout the am and maybe again in the afternoon. Most of the time I take the top spot just to prove that I can. But I never get the rewards for it.

I would love to get the chance to change times or get a different structure to the reward system.

It could be as simple as a "king of the hill" type where the one who holds number one spot the longest in 24hrs gets the reward. Gives a bit more strategy in how you use your battles and prevents the sniping and organizing with other players.
  • Options
    What seems odd is that you already posted a perfectly feasible solution in the first paragraph: Create a new Account with optimal time zone.
  • Options
    Oh and one more thing.

Word of advise: don't play at the table out to eat.
    Your kids and wife will get a lot better rewards than the game.
  • Options
    Lol I know you guys are all right, family comes first, and they do! I know I shouldn't care that much, but it just felt bad, the whole situation. It was my fault too, I know that. I'm just one of those old gamers who used to be hardcore, but with the family I've given up a lot of gaming time, which is for the better, but that hardcore, be the best, don't miss anything, gamer still in me makes me so stupid things like this story ;-)
  • Options
    @Huatimus I know I could, but I'm level 75 now, with a lot of time and effort put in, I can't just leave this account ;-)
  • Options
    @Stuey Trust me, this QOL change is going to benefit you much more in the long run. Unless you think you're going to quit this game soon, you can easily hit 75 again, especially with better time zone.
  • Options
    level 75 is a walk in the park.
  • Options
    Feels like it's taken a long time to get here, been like 2 or months!! :-) Plus what if I get on a shard with some mega whales and can never get high ranked?
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    rank isn't everything. i'm level 85. been playing a long time and i'm not even in the top 200.
  • Options
    I just wish I could change my timezone. I would even take a 24 hour lock out on payouts to make this change happen. my cantina boost is at 1am, my arena payout at 7 am. if I collect my cantina and go right to bed I can sleep 5 hours before I have to check my arena rank? either sacrifice crystals or cantina energy... neither are a good option as ftp
  • Options
    you'd probably give up the game if you were in my shoes. i have energy refreshes at noon, 5 and 8 which i'm always still at work so i never get those. my arena payout is at 5. i've missed collecting before. just the nature of the beast.
  • Options
    I would love having payouts at those times... 7pm would be much better than 7 am.

what if the arena took a snapshot of your ranks every hour? you could get top spot any hour you like doing the day and get payouts. would keep the limit of 500 crystal prizes at 24 like it is now. say you're busy dying your payout time but free at 10 am. at the 10 am hour you take the top spot and fall through the the day. when the arena pays out you get 500 crystals as you took the top spot for an hour.
  • Options
    Not everyone is in the same time zone as you but I feel the frustration. Definitely personal problems but still issues, nonetheless. I'm dreading DST bc it will be even harder to get battles in at near pvp refresh crunch time when opponents get some good RNG based snipes off.

Personally, I'd like to see a point based system, similar to tournaments, that would reward the player with the most points achieved daily but with points based on match wins and not chars left standing.

Pretty sure someone has thought of it before but how to make it a good rev stream would be interesting. Maybe ante up to get in certain tier rewards such as 50 crystals for T1 and have to win 5 matches, 150 crystals for T2 and require 10 wins, 250 crystals for T3 and require 15; and so on.

Would love to see reward tiers that more than one person could win too.
  • Options
    You gotta set your priorities straight, dude. Tell the misses that swgoh goes first.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OK, so why can't arena payout rewards just be based on what rank you achieve throughout the day??? Wouldn't it save so much stress??? And they are OK with multiple people getting rank 1 payout since multiple people can if they have different payout times. Which makes people purposely change their phone time when making an account just so they have an odd payout time. Doesn't that seem ****???

OK here's my story, so it's about 5 o'clock and my wife wants to go out and eat. So we get the kids together and get the restaurant about 530. I'm at about rank 6 and I decide to get in place for rank 1. So I attack rank 2 and while I'm fighting my wife notices me playing and gives me the big eye roll. So I finish discretely and then we get our table. So at 5:55 we are eating, and I notice the time and attack 1. I kill all but one of his and then decide to wait cause I know another top player has the same payout time as me. I keep glancing at my phone to make sure I don't wait too long and my wife catches me again and says, "oh my gosh are you really still playing we are at dinner!!!" So of course I lie and say I was just checking the time. I hit the auto button to win and enjoy the rest of dinner with my family thinking I should have gotten rank 1. I check my phone when I get home and nope!!! I got rank 5 payout, that's like 200 less crystals and I'm all FTP!!! Oh man put me in such a fowl mood. The other guy had to have beat me with seconds to spare. But my point is why should we have to fight eachother when if one of us had just a different payout time everything would be fine??? Seems so **** to me, and in this case I would have been better off just not attack number 1, and I would have gotten rank 2, but within 5 minutes I went from rank 2, to 1 to 5 and get the worse payout of all those ranks. Soooooo

Sob story over ;-)

You should probably just delete the app from your mobile devices before your wife leaves you with the kids. "probably"
  • Options

Sob story over ;-)

They need to make it so only 2 or 3 can attack first.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    They need to make it so only 2 or 3 can attack first.

This would be grand but then it would be the same issue for whoever is in 2nd and 3rd by 4th- 6th.