Help me understand everything about guilds

How does guild merging work? When I hear people talking about merging 8 or 10 guilds, what is that? Do they all become one single guild, or is there some type of cross guild alliance that is formed? Also, I'm in an OK guild, but I want one that progresses through raids faster. It seems like it takes a week or more to finish a raid and get the rewards. Can I shop guilds while I'm in one, or do I have to leave first? I'm probably the only player who doesn't understand all of this. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• Options
    We just merged 2 guilds to make the HAAT.
    Say you take 25 members from guild A and remove them to guild B. And take 25 from B to A.
    We are now able to finish easily HAAT and can bring some guys from the AAT when we have a free spot on HAAT.
    You can be in only one guild at same time. But you can move under certain restrictions of time and rewards seizing. (Shops, mat's request etc ...)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If they're talking about 8 or 10 guilds they are probably talking about a guild alliance rather than a merger. There is nothing official in the game, they just have an agreement outside the game to work together in some fashion, and potentially move people between the different guilds as desired to achieve certain goals (like making sure all or several of them can complete heroic). They may also have tiers and move people up to higher guilds as they improve their rosters.
  • Options
    Ah OK. Thanks