New Player - Where to go from here?

Hello everyone,

I play this game since January, after making all the newbee mistakes I read some guides, rerolled with a good timezone and Rey and now I am Level 56, Arena Top 20 (or top 50 when I have to work) and have a nice squad which is really a lots of fun. I am completely FTP, but I have enough crystals to at least refresh energy 2x and Cantina 1-2x a day.

My main squad is:
Phasma 6*G7
Assajj 5* G7
RG 3*G7
Rey 5*G7
Old Daka 4*G7

As you can see, it is not Boba and Rebels. There are so many cool guys and girls in this game that I don't want to make a squad with two pilots I barely remember from the films. Instead, it is a stun-squad where Assajj, RG and Daka stun with their basics and Phasma provides extra-attacks to stun even more, plus Rey for DPS. It is a very successful squad for GW, I won the last 12 at least. I think Top 20 in Arena is also fine, Top 10 is unreachable for me. I also have no problems clearing Cantina, DS-Nodes and Mod-Challenges (unlocked Health-Mods 4, but where to get all the gold for them?).

So, the question is: Where to go from there? At the moment, I focus on my main squad to have them well equipped for Arena and GW. But I think it is impossible for me to get Rey to 7* and past G8, plus she is a glass canon. I also heard that healers will become less useful in the higher ranks, so Daka has to go. However, I really love Assajj and RG and Phasma is also a cool leader if you don't make a team of one faction. Moreover, the slow-down and stun idea of the squad remains. But which two toons shall I add? I think I need DPS and someone who gets debuffs from my team (called cleanser, right?).

Few Ideas:

1) Vader and Barriss
2) Rex and Fives
3) JKA and Ashoka
4) Better Ideas?

With Vader and Barriss I would have four tanky toons, hence Barriss could be useful even at high level. Rex and Fives could slow down the opponent even further, especially with Phasma lead. But for boths duos I don't know if the DPS is high enough. JKA and Ashoka would make more DPS, but no cleaning.

Maybe you have better ideas or can tell me which of my ideas is the least stupid. Please no Wiggs (they are boring pilots), no Boba (too hard to get past G8 for me) and no toons who are not FTP.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I used to run a similar squad as you with Phasma (L), Daka, Rey, Asajj, and 5th was Luminara I think.

Not a bad squad for early game, but by late game, not very good since there is no synergy.

I find that Asajj is not very good at higher levels in any area of the game so I pretty much scrapped her although she still shows up in my 5th team for raids.

Daka is great for GW, and if you have the patience to retreat a lot in gw then you can keep switching things up till you get good RNG. Redoing till I got good RNG with her has saved me countless times in GW with her stuns and resses. As for raids and arena I don't like her though at higher levels.

Rey can fit in as a 5th in a variety of combos since she is decent on her own. I like to use her with Phasma as lead in raids and time her triple attack with Phasma's advantage. She puts up very high numbers and I have her at T11 gear.

RG is another character that can server you well with a variety of combos, and I find him useful until early late game or so, when people start fully specializing teams.

Phasma I find to do well with any character as well, and a good lead until you get specialized teams. First Order is getting some love from the developers this month, but I doubt it will be obtainable for a free player, at least not for many months.

Personally I would work towards a Wedge, Biggs, Lando team, and then get Stormtrooper Han with arena points. This is perhaps the best course for a F2P player. The Palpatine event requires a rebel squad and this would serve you well for it as well. The event will be coming around every 2 months beginning March.
  • Options
    Thank you for your long and interesting response. Seems like I haved farmed no bad toons at least.

I will stick with the stun squad idea for a while and farm Aayla Secura on level 61. Seems like she really fits into this team and with much crit chance she could stun-counter all the AoE meta. She is also really tanky, maybe I will drop Asajj at some point for another tanky guy (like Fives or Vader) and together with Bariss I just survive until the five minutes are over. If not, I have Vader and RG or Aayla and Bariss to build a Jedi or Empire squad.

Since none of these toons are from Arena shard or GW, I can even farm these scoundrels and rebels to get credits, EP, a light side team and a second team for GW.
  • Options
    Hi
    JaminSpace wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I play this game since January, after making all the newbee mistakes I read some guides, rerolled with a good timezone and Rey and now I am Level 56, Arena Top 20 (or top 50 when I have to work) and have a nice squad which is really a lots of fun. I am completely FTP, but I have enough crystals to at least refresh energy 2x and Cantina 1-2x a day.

My main squad is:
    Phasma 6*G7
    Assajj 5* G7
    RG 3*G7
    Rey 5*G7
    Old Daka 4*G7

As you can see, it is not Boba and Rebels. There are so many cool guys and girls in this game that I don't want to make a squad with two pilots I barely remember from the films. Instead, it is a stun-squad where Assajj, RG and Daka stun with their basics and Phasma provides extra-attacks to stun even more, plus Rey for DPS. It is a very successful squad for GW, I won the last 12 at least. I think Top 20 in Arena is also fine, Top 10 is unreachable for me. I also have no problems clearing Cantina, DS-Nodes and Mod-Challenges (unlocked Health-Mods 4, but where to get all the gold for them?).

So, the question is: Where to go from there? At the moment, I focus on my main squad to have them well equipped for Arena and GW. But I think it is impossible for me to get Rey to 7* and past G8, plus she is a glass canon. I also heard that healers will become less useful in the higher ranks, so Daka has to go. However, I really love Assajj and RG and Phasma is also a cool leader if you don't make a team of one faction. Moreover, the slow-down and stun idea of the squad remains. But which two toons shall I add? I think I need DPS and someone who gets debuffs from my team (called cleanser, right?).

Few Ideas:

1) Vader and Barriss
    2) Rex and Fives
    3) JKA and Ashoka
    4) Better Ideas?

With Vader and Barriss I would have four tanky toons, hence Barriss could be useful even at high level. Rex and Fives could slow down the opponent even further, especially with Phasma lead. But for boths duos I don't know if the DPS is high enough. JKA and Ashoka would make more DPS, but no cleaning.

Maybe you have better ideas or can tell me which of my ideas is the least ****. Please no Wiggs (they are boring pilots), no Boba (too hard to get past G8 for me) and no toons who are not FTP.

Its a hard farm bro, Vader shard u can claim it on your achievement, ships shipnent and Shard Shipment. I like Barriss, havent Zeta yet ( im FTP too) but like her tankiness

Yes, i have Wiggs, Palpatine and GK but its too commonly used. I've build up my clone team, all 7 star, gear 8 or 9 except for Fives which have 5 star and gear 8 (slowly build to 7 star) used it to clear my GW.

You can build Jawa and Droid team since you can get Grievous from Ship Shipment.

• Options
    My alt account I'm currently running

Boba (l)
    Kylo
    Sun Fac
    5's
    B2/Rex depending who I go against
    Its still a Boba lead team but it's a fun team I'm only lvl 80 and Kylo is currently 5* g8 and after he's down on health I've had his second special crit for almost 30k.