Zeta vader or qgj?

I just unlocked my First zeta ability. My arena team is phasma lead, b2, qgj, sth, gs.

My jedi are more powerful but only qgj, yoda, igd, jc, luminous are ready. Ahsoka needs more gear but she's close. Ani is 5 star no gear. Aayla locked. Jedi look fun for gw.

Vader, palp, savage 6 star, sid 7. MAUL unlocked. All sith are under geared compared to jedi. boba unlocked. TFP 3 star. TARKIN 7.

I've read all kinds of reviews on these zeta and watche'd videos. I will wait to see the new sith but what are your thoughts? Is qgj zeta useless in arena?

Replies

• Options
    I would like to know the same answer - similar sort of position in terms of gear / unlocked characters
  • Options
    Everytime I've seen zqgj in arena it was a lot easier to beat than wiggs.. personally I'd go for vader and he also has more uses.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    First I would wait to see if they roll out the zader bug fix and see where that went. It "should" be this week.

If it's not to crazy, then he's over all more useful as he can add to raid scores, which leads to better gear, which leads to better arena team and more options. Don't worry about tarkin, tfp is a must and you should look into a fast boba or shore, you will need the protection for palp.

Qgj is totally viable in arena, especially if yoda is there to get a quick tenacity up.

No anakin is your biggest issue with qgj, ashoka and aayla would be my go to placeholders until he was ready so there's that issue too. Don't waste anything more on JC or lumi ( at least until zumi is released [zeta lumi])

Good luck
  • Options
    I think Zaul lead is better than Zader for arena (don't have any but I've fought both).

ZGJ is good as long as you have strong Jedi to back him up. Yoda is good with him as are Ani and Aayla.

I THINK Ahsoka is at a bit of a disadvantage because his Zeta adds offense 3 times the base speed. Her base is relatively low even though her unique adds 45. (Not sure about the mechanics on his Zeta though.)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I THINK Ahsoka is at a bit of a disadvantage because his Zeta adds offense 3 times the base speed. Her base is relatively low even though her unique adds 45. (Not sure about the mechanics on his Zeta though.)

The more important effect of his lead is it protects her unique, which gets chipped away by crit hits. So you keep her speed longer.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. Originally I was going barriss until they fixed her zeta so I was farming her.
  • Options
    irafreak wrote: »
    I just unlocked my First zeta ability. My arena team is phasma lead, b2, qgj, sth, gs.

My jedi are more powerful but only qgj, yoda, igd, jc, luminous are ready. Ahsoka needs more gear but she's close. Ani is 5 star no gear. Aayla locked. Jedi look fun for gw.

Vader, palp, savage 6 star, sid 7. MAUL unlocked. All sith are under geared compared to jedi. boba unlocked. TFP 3 star. TARKIN 7.

I've read all kinds of reviews on these zeta and watche'd videos. I will wait to see the new sith but what are your thoughts? Is qgj zeta useless in arena?

If you're gonna run Jedi you NEED JKA to be geared and high starred. Otherwise you just won't be doing enough damage. The zQGJ teams on my shard are: zQGJ, zYoda, JKA, GK, Zarriss (He rarely drops from top 5 on dec. 2015 shard) and zQGJ, zYoda, JKA, Aayla, IGD. (This one occasionally drops down to top 20, but not usually past 20). Then theres a zQGJ, JKA, zYoda, RG, and lando team (This one scrapes into the top 20, but is far easier to be with it's lack of synergy.)

Those are the only three, but if you notice they all have Yoda (Theres a lot of empire teams and I think they all have BM zeta'd as well) and JKA. JC and Luminara won't be very helpful at all because Jedi lack damage output to compete with other teams, which is why you need Anakin. IGD can hit pretty hard, but is less useful when his leader ability isn't in play.

Zeta QGJ isn't useless in Arena, but you do need a fairly specific combo of people behind it for it to work. Based on what you have putting a Zeta on QGJ or Vader right now isn't really a great idea. Zader really needs a fast TFP and EP to start removing TM early in the battle and then you need their AOEs to maintain the TM reduction, and a 3* TFP is very squishy. You'll probably get the first wave off, but he won't last long. I'd say pick one side or the other and work on the characters for each team before you start putting a Zeta on anyone.

If you want to go for ZQGJ work on Yoda, JKA, IGD, and Ahsoka for now (switch out Aayla for IGD or Ahsoka once you get her geared up but shes far off for you right now)
    If you want to go for Zader work on EP, TFP, Boba, and possibly Shoretrooper, but put B2 in there until you can get a decent tank in there. (Theres a team on my shard with Zader, TFP, Boba, B2 and Shore. Theres also one with Zader, TFP, EP, Boba, and Shore)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. Originally I was going barriss until they fixed her zeta so I was farming her.

Dispite all the talk her unique is great. It should be in everyone's top 3, hands down. What they took away was the ability to make an almost guaranteed time out team. That's it. I use her on different teams and she is solid.
  • Options
    Dark side right now is the best way to go for arena. Zader has been my favorite for raids. Zaul is likely the best for arena but depends on your sid and EP. zQGJ is good for p1 but not really necessary. zBariss is interesting but not meta right now. Zid is needed for raid with Zader but not much as a primary.

Personally I agree with all the above but would go Zader although as stated above I worry about what the "change" will bring. May want to lay low for another week on that.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Dispite all the talk her unique is great. It should be in everyone's top 3, hands down. What they took away was the ability to make an almost guaranteed time out team. That's it. I use her on different teams and she is solid.

Very true, her unique is still a very powerful one, but now you actually have a chance of killing the team in 5 minutes. If you couldn't beat the team without a time limit (like in GW) before, you probably still wouldn't be able to kill it now. Barriss has a large health pool and with GK or someone else taunting it's pretty hard to kill her anyways.
  • Options
    The videos I saw of barriss didn't seem effective enough. Seemed the wiggs criticals hits would kill your player and the 20 percent didn't kick in then. Am I mistaken on this? Does it add 20 percent health back on if the last hit that took your life was critical?

I can't see a place for barriss on my current team so I feel like I have to mostly blow it up.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The videos I saw of barriss didn't seem effective enough. Seemed the wiggs criticals hits would kill your player and the 20 percent didn't kick in then. Am I mistaken on this? Does it add 20 percent health back on if the last hit that took your life was critical?

I can't see a place for barriss on my current team so I feel like I have to mostly blow it up.

Wiggs assist = 3 hits (all are going to crit for the most part). 1st hit crits, and heals you 20% of your health, but it probably just took out protection though so you're at 100% health. 2nd hit crits and takes you to say 30% health, then you heal back 20% of your max health to 50%. If that final crit does more damage than 50% of your health, you will die before you can heal 20% of your max health back. It works great on characters with higher defense and health, but it's not going to save your uber squishy characters.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul is no1 on my arena every day
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining that vertigo. Any reason why you chose the medical term for dizzy as your name?
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining that vertigo. Any reason why you chose the medical term for dizzy as your name?

It's actually a rather long story...
  • Options
    Question about tm reduction...when it says it removes 20 percent, is that 20 percent from what they have or from 100...meaning if their bar is half full does it take off the same amount as it would if their bar was almost completely full or 1/4 full?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Question about tm reduction...when it says it removes 20 percent, is that 20 percent from what they have or from 100...meaning if their bar is half full does it take off the same amount as it would if their bar was almost completely full or 1/4 full?

It is a 50% chance to remove 20% of a full tm bar. Yes it takes the same amount off each time the effect takes place.
  • Options

It removes 20% of the total TM bar. So if they are at 20% TM or below they go to 0% TM, if they are 100% TM they go to 80% TM, if they are at 67.5% TM, they go to 47.5% TM. Doesn't matter where they are in the bar it's a flat subtraction.
  • Options
    I'm almost thinking I can zeta vader now and pair him with palp and sid. My modded sid is 192 speed...I'm in the high 200s for ranking. He should still move first until I get into the late 100 unless I meet any tfp teams.

So sid aoe attacks to give tm reduction, palp aoe next, then vader by then with good rng...I can stick b2 in for dispel and maybe sth to fire off my tm gain...or gs for damage. Then I farm tfp and get boba to 7 and work on gear. I'll have boba done first so sub him in for that 5 spot of sth/gs. Then tfp can replace sid down the road. Only issue is palp will stay 6 star as I can't finish wedge.

I could also unlock shore...I have 25 of 50 and 3k in crystals stocked.

With the new character release format, the new sith probably won't be viable for me any time soon....
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the tm explanation. I'm thinking I'll pull the last 20 shoretrooper shards and go vader. thanks evertone on the input