Stun; I don't get it

So from what I gather, stun is supposed to, well, STUN a toon when you apply it for a specified period. Say, one turn. But I frequently see instances of stun hitting, working, and immediately dissapearing. The target does not have a full TM bar. They don't immediately move. They weren't cleansed. But the stun just sticks then drops. But it's been that way since stun was introduced, and has never changed, so I gotta figure it's WAI.

So...does anyone actually understand how the above happens?

Replies

• Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Depends on who you are stunning.

If you stun Biggs and the hit is a crit, he will get 100% TM based on his unique. If it is Royal Guard who stuns him, he gets 100% regardless if crit because RG is empire.

Barriss gains TM when anyone else receives a crit hit so she will run through her stun quite quickly as well.

Rex lead grants TM on crits so an EP stun can be much less effective especially if EP has high crit chance.

There's lots of reasons why stun will SEEM to go away but there's usually a game mechanic I am forgetting about when I see it happen.
  • Options
    Some characters gain turn meter by being attacked so its possible your stun got burned preventing that retaliation. I have not seen this happen without reason before.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have never seen stun just drop off immediately since they fixed it so debuffs on counter attacks work correctly.
    Whenever I have seen stun go away there is a reason for it.

Example. If you stun the lowest heath character and bariss takes a turn she will remove the stun.
  • Malthael
    972 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Maybe they get full tm?
    e.g
    RG hitting biggs?
    You stunned anakin, but then someone on his team went below 50% health?
    etc.

p.s. don't worry about not getting stun. Jyn, when zeta'd, doesn't get it either.
  • Options
    I have noticed this when Barriss is present
  • Options
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »
    I have noticed this when Barriss is present
    Look at barris's unique ;)
  • Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have seen this happen again & again & again.
    I've made a few threads raising this very question, explaining that I've constantly taken into account ALL Leader & Unique abilities (Biggs/Barriss) through a myriad of squads.
    They aren't even present in most of the battles this is happening.

Stun has been broken for ages.

It just won't stick for the duration at all.
    Sometimes it's even feeding them TM.
    Palp stunned 3, all 3 shrug it off like it wasn't even applied. Assaj exactly the same 8/10 times.
    Now the AI stun on the other hand....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I have never seen stun just drop off immediately since they fixed it so debuffs on counter attacks work correctly.
    Whenever I have seen stun go away there is a reason for it.

Example. If you stun the lowest heath character and bariss takes a turn she will remove the stun.

This ^^

Given details most "bugs" can be explained. Don't get me wrong I know things are bugged, but only some of them don't follow some game mechanic
  • Options
    Ahkatosh wrote: »
    I have seen this happen again & again & again.
    I've made a few threads raising this very question, explaining that I've constantly taken into account ALL Leader & Unique abilities (Biggs/Barriss) through a myriad of squads.
    They aren't even present in most of the battles this is happening.

Stun has been broken for ages.

It just won't stick for the duration at all.
    Sometimes it's even feeding them TM.
    Palp stunned 3, all 3 shrug it off like it wasn't even applied. Assaj exactly the same 8/10 times.
    Now the AI stun on the other hand....

Assaj is one of the fastest characters in the game if buffs aren't present. But I'm sure you already knew that since you've taken all Leader abilities and uniques into account.

Git gud.