Accuracy & Crit Avoid Primary

What use are these Arrow mod Primaries if they are the only increase for these stats.
Are these ignored due to a better possible primary?
Could someone please explain just how effective/ineffective they can be?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Accuracy has no counter in terms of mods, thank god. There is no dodge primary. I use this on 1 toon, B2 he can make his own tm and even with outstanding offence he is not there for damage.

Crit avoidance is the opposite of crit chance. Being the only location for this stat it is limited in its usefulness, you can't raise this value high enough to be more useful then other stats that can hold this position (speed, offence....)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Maybe these primaries will be replaced (in August?) for something valuable
  • Options
    I doubt they will be replaced. Just like several other useless primaries on mods.
    Crit Avoidance is practically useless. It MAY be useful on someone like Ahsoka, but if you have JKA then the mod has no real value.
    Accuracy is only viable if you are facing an evasion lead, or a toon who gets evasion up frequently (Biggs, Lumi). Even then, speeds is almost infinitely better. Though if you see a lot of evasion leads in Arena or GW, it may be worthwhile to hang on to a couple and swap out as needed. But if you have a Speed primary, even a 1 dot, it's probably more useful.
  • Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Accuracy has no counter in terms of mods, thank god. There is no dodge primary. I use this on 1 toon, B2 he can make his own tm and even with outstanding offence he is not there for damage.

Crit avoidance is the opposite of crit chance. Being the only location for this stat it is limited in its usefulness, you can't raise this value high enough to be more useful then other stats that can hold this position (speed, offence....)

Hope this helps.

@Kyno
    It does, thanks.
    It's just really annoying having a few Crit Avoid with Speed secondaries, lol.
    Only Toon who I think could use it is Ashoka but as you said, it's limited.

As for Accuracy prime, could you name a few other toons or types of abilities where it would be a credit, regardless of how minimal?

• Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I doubt they will be replaced. Just like several other useless primaries on mods.
    Crit Avoidance is practically useless. It MAY be useful on someone like Ahsoka, but if you have JKA then the mod has no real value.
    Accuracy is only viable if you are facing an evasion lead, or a toon who gets evasion up frequently (Biggs, Lumi). Even then, speeds is almost infinitely better. Though if you see a lot of evasion leads in Arena or GW, it may be worthwhile to hang on to a couple and swap out as needed. But if you have a Speed primary, even a 1 dot, it's probably more useful.

Ah. Evasion. Thanks @evanbio
  • Options
    accuracy is great on many toons, such as B2 or raid han

any toon that requires "must land" attacks, this can help negate the natural dodge that comes with each toon
  • Options
    Crit Avoidance is a solid choice for tanks when you don't need speed. It is mathematically superior to protection or health.

Accuracy isn't bad vs ZMaul led teams. Will negate the dodge.
  • Options
    Crit Avoidance works great for Ahsoka.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Many good examples for where to use accuracy are listed above.

Your main goal should just be to prioritize the stats and put them where needed. Good example would be tfp would be great spot for accuracy as you want to make sure he connects his aoe for good chance at buff immunity or ability block, but no one would ever sacrifice +30 speed on their tfp.

Speed, offence, protection (I think) then accuracy. But there are other situations where once you know speeds not as big an issue (or you have no speed arrows ) you need to balance the toon how you want, and against the toons on your shard.
  • Options
    Many great points from everyone.
    Thank you All so much for your input.
  • Options
    Whether it is right or not, I use a crit avoidance arrow on st Han for p3 of the AAT, seems to get me higher scores than speed or protection, he takes quite a bit of fire in the chirpatine set up
  • Options
    That's a pretty cool idea there @DaveAugust. Cheers.
    I'll definitely look into using on STH.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ahkatosh wrote: »
    That's a pretty cool idea there @DaveAugust. Cheers.
    I'll definitely look into using on STH.

He has a good idea, but in arena you want speed so he gets that taunt up quick to give you team tm. Just wanted to note that.
  • Options
    Crit Avoidance is a solid choice for tanks when you don't need speed. It is mathematically superior to protection or health.

Accuracy isn't bad vs ZMaul led teams. Will negate the dodge.

This is ONLY if your enemies are hitting with mostly Crits.
    SnakesOnAPlane