Don't you think that Nightsisters squad a litle bit outdated?

Prev1
Altazar
49 posts Member
edited February 2017
Nightsister squad/clan not competitive anymore in comparison to other clans/races? Need to add new characters or abilities.

Don't you think that Nightsisters squad a litle bit outdated? 101 votes

Yes
88% 89 votes
No
11% 12 votes

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not competitive anymore? They never were. They're terrible.
  • Options
    I don't have them maxed so i don't know but from their abilities i would say yes they are outdated
  • Options
    Please vote to show developers the situation. I think the main beaty of the game that alot races very balanced and you can create effective squad from any race.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    They know nightsisters are useless, don't worry. They'll get a buff and new characters eventually.
  • Options
    Maul and Oppress should have been included in the group since they are all from the same planet.
  • Options
    Goodhelmet wrote: »
    Maul and Oppress should have been included in the group since they are all from the same planet.

Lol.. Ani is from the same planet as tuskens are.. So is he a tusken?
  • Options

Yes, add Ani, Vader, and Luke to tuskens :p
    Really, the ns's theme seems to be healing/revives. Add some offence to the unnamed pair, and let them be the first Protection Healers, and perhaps they may be usefull
  • Options
    because ventress has that same leader ability as vader got they really just need someone who aoe's and is fast. they would reduce TM if they had that.
  • Options
    because ventress has that same leader ability as vader got they really just need someone who aoe's and is fast. they would reduce TM if they had that.

I totally agree with you. Ventress and Daka have some strong sides, but others like Initiate and Acolyte are very-very weak.
  • Options
    Outdated implies they were viable once. They never were, Daka use to be, and in certain situations asajj is, but as a whole they've always been trash
  • Options
    NS are fresher than the remix #mothertalzien #whodat
  • Croger152003
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lol, I a bunch of people who never played ns, who don't have maxed out ns talking about how "trash" ns are, is probably not the brightest way to get accurate info.

Classic.

I'll post pics Monday.
  • Options
    It's a weird faction, have a full team but have little to no synergy at all.
  • Options
    Outdated? Were they in date?
  • Options
    Except ventress after her rework when is great. I zetaed her unique and I have no regrets.
  • Options
    I have Tala.She is amazing!
  • Options
    Night sisters = extinct
  • Options
    Maybe the devs will upgrade their kit. I think Asajj is pretty good. She doesn't need anything at the moment. However, I think they'll focus on Separatists first.
    Anyway, wait for Mother Talzin. She'll bring Nightsisters to the meta like Palpatine did with Empire.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Been playing since August 2016, and Nightsisters have never been viable. I use Daka for GW, and benched Ventress in the low 70s, even though she was my first 7*. Not even in my top 5 raid squads anymore.
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Except ventress after her rework when is great. I zetaed her unique and I have no regrets.

Does she still gain TM when shocked?
    She seems to always have shock on her so she neither gains buffs nor any TM, which is a pain.

@6The6Bull6

I have her to G11 and still use her in arena most of the time.
  • Options
    @Gaidal_Cain shock prevents her tm gain on toon death. I used to run plap, tfp, ventress, chaze I had ventress to be faster than tfp with an insta taunt. Between tfp buff immunity and baze dispell it kept ventress lighting fast after insta taunt is gone. Tfp and ventress would alternate turns once toons started dieing.
  • Options
    The only NS toon who is at all useful is Daka; and not because of her revive/measley heal, but because of her stun. Especially if modded for potency. I haven't used her for a long time but I hover around 200 in arena and still see her once in a while.

Talia is a joke (a heal that reduces the healer's health should come with tank-like health, but it doesn't); Assaj is painfully slow (and her AI is still broken as far as I know; when I encounter her in early GW battles, she still uses her first move to heal herself even if she's at full Heath); and the two generic characters are trash (never seen them maxed, but then again, that's probably because almost no one bothers maxing them).

NS are low priority because they're a faction that doesn't appear in any of the films, and as such can't be rolled out alongside future film projects to get people to spend money on the game. Additionally, every NS character in the game was basically insignificant in Clone Wars other than Assaj; the most significant nightsister other than her was Mother Talzin who isn't even in the game.

TL;DR: no. It's three short paragraphs.
  • Options
    Daka is great. Stun on basic ability with chance at stunning a second enemy. I might be mistaken but I think she is also only character that has a possible passive Rez.
    Asajj can also be great. Again, stun with basic ability. Very high health steal. Good self healing/debuff. AoE that can be timed to not have any cool down. Almost always crit chance and offense up.
    Here is where the team starts to lose power...
    Talia is a good character at lower levels. When played correctly, her heal ability ISN'T used as a heal. It is more useful because of the turn meter gain by entire party.
    I normally don't use the other two.
    Acolyte thrill of victory ability could be nice at higher levels but I think there are better options for substitution.
    Initiate I guess should be loaded with crit damage. I haven't really used her much either.

I do think Daka, Asajj, and Royal Guard make an excellent core for a party. Royal guard also has stun on basic attack (80%) and can speed down. Has some self healing and turn meter gain benefits. And a passive activated taunt.

Asajj speed boost as leader is helpful.

And you can group those three with characters that prompt helping attacks (phasma, geno soldier, etc)

Non Arena battles with them can get nice (ally leader ability) to really make them better (Phasma as ally leader with that core does really nice.)

Using that core group I have had some battles where I keep enemy completely stun locked.

I understand the original intent of the post suggesting that newer teams (more options than only 5) can provide stronger results.

On a side note, Resistance team (even without Rey that I am just shy of unlocking) can really cause chaos. Great to use as an advance team on that random galactic war node where enemies are 6-10 levels higher. Expose is crazy.
  • Options
    I reckon they really can use some rework...having 3 healers in a party is not optimal. Initiate and Acolyte needs to change category;
    Initiate needs to be a tank and have at least some sort of stalling or disruptive ability. her stats is one of the highest overall in the game, but she can't really use those HP due to her skillset not supporting it.
    Acolyte needs to be an attacker instead. Lets face it, she may be the worst healer in the game...a healer that doesn't support the team, she actually do the opposite by making herself invisible getting the others eat the attack while healing herself on a crit.
    Talia can use some other debuffing instead of a measly 1 DoT on her special. puting invisibility on her would work well with her healing skill as well, giving her time to build her HP back up...
  • Options
    Nightsisters will have their turn. Maybe not meta changing, but they'll get some love when it's their turn in line.

Patience young Padawans.
  • Options
    Click Here For Nightsister End Game Pictures

I don't use Acolyte, I use ST Han instead for the TM manipulation.
  • Options
    They've always been outdated.

Ewoks deserve a buff more, they only have4 chars.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    When they do rework nightsisters they need to release Mother Talzin as a new charater and make her have a sweet leader ability. Always thought it was weird that they had old daka in the game but no Mother Talzin
  • Options

Duh he is the 5th tusken
  • Options
    They're still better than CUP and Mob Enforcer.
This discussion has been closed.