Looking for some advice on guild management and rules

Like it says -

Our guild is growing and with it need to come rules. I don't care for rules personally, but I understand and see the reasons behind having them.

We're currently at 34/50 and our player base varies greatly - top level players all the way down to level 26 with a high majority of the guys right in the middle.

What I'd like to know or hear from others is what kind of rules do you guys impose? I know of the 0 damage for 24 hrs is usually what everyone uses, and I'm cool with that - but what else is there - what rules do you guys follow?

We need to start getting things set in stone and start making adjustments to what's currently going on now, so if you guys could throw some things at me, I would appreciate it.

Replies

• Options
    If you do a lower tier raid have your top guys sit out to give the lower level guys better rewards. I am sitting out on a t4 raid right now
  • Options
    Your number one rule, IMO, is people need to do their 600 daily tickets. Hopefully, that doesn't have to be something you have to monitor a lot, but if people do have issues doing that, then you could create a separate chat room in Line or Discord (or whatever chat app you use) for people to post screenshots of their 600 daily tickets so you can monitor it that way. Or create a spreadsheet to track it (but that can more time-consuming for you to monitor it that way).

Rules for registration for raids are definitely important too so that people can be guaranteed to get rewards.

Those are probably two of the bigger things to manage for guilds, IMO.

• Options
    Get your 600 in.. this is the only thing that if you do NOT do that hurts the team..

Other than that if damage is important in raids be a team player (I.e. Save damage for the next phase if needed)

• Options
    my question is how do you enforce the rules with players that appear to be teens with chat turned off??
  • Options
    Get your guild on a chat app like discord. Post your rules there. You will find out about level of interest pretty quickly. Communication is very important if you want to progress. Also, it makes possible mergers much easier.
  • Options
    Get your 600 in. You don't have to post pictures. Just monitor the raid tickets under lifetime. If someone doesn't have a number divisible by 600 then they didn't hit their goal. It's as simple as that.

If you do 0 damage make sure nobody jumps the gun. It could potentially screw everyone else.

Have fun.

End of rules.

As the Wookiee who is bent said, you might have to coordinate attacks. It shouldn't be a rule, per se, just something to help the guild get out of a jam.
  • Options
    I would say about half our members are really active, the other half is so-so. I have been tracking log-ins and lifetime tickets as well.

As of now with the diversity of player level, we don't have to worry too much about coordinating attacks or anything but we do have a couple of folks that like to go balls out - and I'm watching them too.

The top level guys do sit out of the lower tier raids, although I've been telling people to get in, get 0 to minimal damage to get rewards, then let the low guys get the glory.

We also post a vote before we raid to get everyone's input as to what tier we're going to do next. Then we typically will start the next day.

I appreciate the help and advice - I want the guild to progress and not go stale.
  • Options
    We have a no log for 3 days you are out rule. Set times for raids to start.
    One team only in rancor t7
    And set start times for each phase on tanks t6, this gives everyone a chance on p2&4 ( high scoring phases).
    Any break of raid rules is a warning then removal on second offence.
  • Options
    What's the purpose of the 0 damage for 24 hours rule?