Nihilus CD Increase Special Mechanics

Synergy
140 posts Member
edited February 2017
Ok so hypothetically suppose that Nihilus starts an otherwise standard 5v5 arena match with 100% TM—i.e. goes first, let's say even before any OG Raid Han(s), uses his Drain Force special, and suppose he increases ALL enemy cooldown's by 1 (very lucky 50% procs).
Yes that would massively reduce the cooldown of his own Annihilate, which is great and all, but that wouldn't stop a single enemy from using their specials on their first turn, right?
At the beginning of a turn, characters reduce their CDs by 1. Unless otherwise specified all specials start with a CD of 0. Therefore if Nihilus goes first, bumps all enemy CDs to 1, then for each enemy turn their CD goes down to 0 again (ready for use).
What I'm trying to get at is the more potent effect in Nihilus' Drain Force is CD reduction on Annihilate. CD increase would only have an impact on skills that are already on cooldown. Then again, Nihilus is slow (base 120 speed) so the hypothetical scenario posed wouldn't be a real issue.

Replies

• Options
    Lets wait till he actually releases before judging him
  • Options
    No. DeathTrooper also has the ability cooldown increase. It actually means that you can only do a basic attack if the cooldowns are increased. Really annoying
  • Options
    Lets wait till he actually releases before judging him
    I mean you can kinda judge him based on his swgoh.gg page.
    For example, a great counter to a Nihilus lead is a Zader lead. Because once a DoT lands, that an unmitigatable unavoidable undispellable 5% health damage per turn until Zader goes down, for each DoT. That's a lot considering Nihilus converts all protection to health.