Make Thermal Detonators Great Again

Bros n brahs,

With so many toons able to dispel there is absolutely zero love for thermal detonators. Who doesn't love to see Zam go ham on that TM? Nothing pleases me more than her running train on them detonators, straight up no chaser. I for one would like to see them un-dispellable or get a baller rework. Plus it would be great to see all bounty hunters in the arena, snappin necks and cashin checks. Show some TDs some love aight. #MTDGA

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I only have Jawa Engineer in a droid squad, and I find the thermal detonators pretty frustrating, particularly in non-raid format.

*Since they go off after the character has had 2 turns, that is a long time, and the character is usually dead by then if they haven't begun killing me first. I tend to try to throw them on the tank as they are most likely going to blow up before I kill that character. I think it would be a big improvement to have them blow up sooner.
    *They get dispelled easily.
    *In raids they get resisted a lot.
  • Options
    *Make Thermal Detonators Great for the First Time

I honestly don't recall them ever being good more than currently under Boba leading Zam (no-zeta):P
  • DashRendar
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    True but then I have to change the title and that's not happening. I think there is some great potential for TDs and hope EA/CG take a gander at them. 2 turns for detonation is ****.
    Post edited by DashRendar on
  • Options
    Thermals have always needed a buff/redo

While zam has its benefits from thermals
    They are still lacking.

They should inflict DOT upon detonation and an additional upon crit
  • Options
    BVVZYRw.jpg
    TM definitely need a rework. Right now they are pretty much useless.
  • Options
    Ok, obviously they're good in a bounty hunter squad, but they aren't that bad otherwise. Against tanky characters they do amazing damage. My JE often does more damage to fives than my droids do and he doesn't counter it. They don't trigger stupid Biggs' stupid unique. If you're killing a character before the dets go off one of three things is happening. Either you're targeting the wrong person with the dets, targeting the wrong person with your attacks, or kill the whole team really fast (which kudos to you).

Ps it's not as bad as it used to be, they used to deal way less damage and not be able to kill on zero health
  • Options
    +1
    I run a BH squad with Boba lead, Zam, and Greedo. I just love the BH faction but I would love it more if they could at least somewhat compete with these stupid Tenacity dispel teams.
  • Options
    Shaqdaddy wrote: »
    +1
    I run a BH squad with Boba lead, Zam, and Greedo. I just love the BH faction but I would love it more if they could at least somewhat compete with these **** Tenacity dispel teams.

Speedy Zam and Boba. She lands either bombs or dodge debuff/expose, Boba gets speed advantage on top of his already speediness and hits the Ability block on Rex, he's out 2 turns now. Get to business! :)
  • Options
    And then have ig 88 as the AoE sweeper
  • Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »

Yup, w/ the Dengar 'nade blast before that in turn stepping if you can plan for that. Makes his Ability Block more likely to land as well, plus everyone should have a debuff making 88's damage insane. It's my current Arena team, so much fun to play. Not sure how hard it is to play against though. Doesn't defend well.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    PapiBlanco wrote: »

Yup, w/ the Dengar 'nade blast before that in turn stepping if you can plan for that. Makes his Ability Block more likely to land as well, plus everyone should have a debuff making 88's damage insane. It's my current Arena team, so much fun to play. Not sure how hard it is to play against though. Doesn't defend well.

I run the same on a younger shard. It works great right now but when Rex/GK teams start showing up the party is over.

A Zeta for Zam that makes TD's cleanse proof would be sweet.

Or making it that when TD's are present on the enemy, she can ignore taunt.

Nothing worse than two sets of TD's on everyone but you have to shoot at Baze because Boba lost one of his lives :\