Need older player advice please

I am level 69, decent roster, and have made a few mistakes. I've bought two crystal subscriptions I made a mistake and started a minors account as I didn't pay attention(remember) to any age questions. I'm 40 and not super tech savy. I've been in 8 raids with my guild, but obviously don't contribute much damage. My question is...is guild chat that necessary when I do hit level 85 and a good roster? I've read that the serious guilds coordinate and have rules about raids. I've never been on discord or any chat room type things. Since I messed up, EA said they would credit the daily 100 crystals I've bought if I started over and made a adult account. I'm attached to the one I've got and will start working 60 on the low end, 80 on the high end hours a week starting in one week, up until winter. I won't have the time to grind out early arena(I'm currently between 20-70 daily), plus I like my account. I know 6 weeks isn't a long time to do over, so to make a long story short(too late), how important is guild chat?

Replies

• Options
    Very important doing heroic rancor and heroic AAT. In game chat just isn't that good and there is coordination and timing that needs to be communicated.
  • Options
    go to teamskunk.com. you can find a guild that will fit your current power level. We use Discord for guild announcements and chat so you wont miss anything and can keep your existing account.

Being able to communicate with your guild is very important, you will end up finding yourself kicked out of guilds and never know why (rules you were not aware of, guild merger, etc.)
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that the guild chat is that important. My guild gets along fine during the raids.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I joined a guild that says it's super casual and I do contribute my 600 daily. We aren't good enough to do heroic as we only have a handful of 85 guys and 40 members overall. My lack of guild chat is why I joined them. I am proud of the team I have so I want to keep it. I work at a farm and have lots of time November-February, so I will build my roster till this fall hanging with the guild I'm in and check out the Team Skunk site in November. I haven't been this addicted to a game since Diablo 17 years ago and this is my first smartphone game. It will take me these next 8 months to farm raid teams and gear anyways. I just wanted reassurance that I didn't HAVE to restart to do raids. YouTube videos I have watched complain about the guild chat line distractions anyways.
  • Options
    ahh, Diablo

SOJ anyone?
  • Options
    JohnGalt wrote: »
    ahh, Diablo

SOJ anyone?

No doubt! I had a buddy that installed to games and just left one open with the title LEM for SOJ. That was the highest tune he ever found.
  • Options
    i would say if you know the rules and follow them chat
    is not necessary. but then again there are some serious guilds who think it is. personally i wouldn't want to be part of a guild that serious.
  • Options
    I wouldn't either, but as raid gear is so important, I have to eventually be a contributing member and hopefully get top 10. It is nice being in a small guild as even with my 100k damage I get 11-15, but we do 1 tier 6 AAT(it takes us a week to finish), and a tier 3, 4, 5, and 6 Rancor a week. I'm glad my guild does the lower ones as it let me get rewards a week after I joined them.
  • Options
    Guild chat is completely unimportant. communication is, however, necessary. But Line or Discord should sort you whichever your guild uses.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sfortune wrote: »
    Guild chat is completely unimportant. communication is, however, necessary. But Line or Discord should sort you whichever your guild uses.
    Agree. It's better to use 3rd party chat since in game doesn't provide us a way to sticky important messages about raiding
  • Options
    I wouldn't either, but as raid gear is so important, I have to eventually be a contributing member and hopefully get top 10. It is nice being in a small guild as even with my 100k damage I get 11-15, but we do 1 tier 6 AAT(it takes us a week to finish), and a tier 3, 4, 5, and 6 Rancor a week. I'm glad my guild does the lower ones as it let me get rewards a week after I joined them.

well i have yet to find a piece of gear i can't salvage. so raid gear isn't all that important to me right now.

guild i'm in now i don't think is going to continue doing AAT and the guild i was in before that we didn't do AAT either. too hard, takes too long.