Why Jedi on P1 hAAT?

So our guild has just started doing hAAT. Mistake, we dont stand a chance ;) but I was wondering, I understand why Palp is good on 3, Clone/droid on 2 and rebels on 4. But why Jedi on 1? Yeah they get the bonus but they dont seem to have any other particular skills needed for that pain in the bum phase. Would someone care to explain why theyre so popular for this?

Replies

• Options
    Jka has buff block on his basic
    Aayla lead is good for tenacity and the stacked heal with the raid Jedi bonuses
    Yoda can throw tenacity up
    Igd hits droids really hard and can put defense down on GG
    Ahsoka hits hard and synergizes with jka's unique and the raid Jedi heal bonus
    Qgj can TMR GG and dispel taunts

Basically all of that, plus they have better survivability than other toons just because of the heal every turn. There are other TMR teams that can do more damage, but Jedi are reliable for anywhere from 2%-12%+
  • Options
    Basically because you don't want to use any other team on P1 so they gave Jedi some token buffs in order to be useful somewhere in the raid. But, with Aayla as lead and their health regen they can survive until enrage with proper gear and mods.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Basically all of that, plus they have better survivability than other toons just because of the heal every turn. There are other TMR teams that can do more damage, but Jedi are reliable for anywhere from 2%-12%+

Ahhhh ok that makes sense. I feel stupid now ;)
  • Options

Ahhhh ok that makes sense. I feel **** now ;)

Really it censors stew pid?
  • Options
    I like Jedi with IGD lead because all the AOE Grevious and B2 put out makes for good mass counter attacks.
  • Options
    I like Jedi with IGD lead because all the AOE Grevious and B2 put out makes for good mass counter attacks.

Igd is not the way to go for hAAt imo.
  • Options

This^^^ And this^^^ And this^^^ this especially^^^

But Kylo can deal over 230k damage alone. You may want to use Kylo Ren aswell.
  • Options
    You only need 80k in damage for your 2%. Most people can do that with a fairly weak Jedi team that most have from the Yoda event.
  • Options
    You only need 80k in damage for your 2%. Most people can do that with a fairly weak Jedi team that most have from the Yoda event.

Most dedicated hAAT guilds do, we only have like 20 people in ours who can do it :neutral:
  • Options

Is it worth abandoning Dooku farming for Kylo then? Didnt know his rework was thay good haha
  • Options
    A good Jedi team can do 7% to 10% easily. If you rely on carry, if anyone has Jyn and Teebo maxed then there is a strategy to make 2M damage on P1.
  • Options

Is it worth abandoning Dooku farming for Kylo then? Didnt know his rework was thay good haha

Kylo is a boss.
  • Options

Advice: Never half-farm a toon. So no.
  • Options

Ive only just started him though and from what Ive heard he isnt nearly as good
  • Options

Ive only just started him though and from what Ive heard he isnt nearly as good

Yeah, then do Kylo
  • Options
    I don't have Aayla, JKA, or IGD so I actually get twice the damage on P1 with an Old Ben lead and random damage dealers than with a Yoda or QGJ lead.
  • Options

I don't believe you can counter GG attacks in the AAT raid.
  • Options
    Cambo wrote: »

Some of his attacks can be countered.
  • Options

The AOEs can be countered, his basic attack can't be countered.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

The AOEs can be countered, his basic attack can't be countered.

Thank you, my friend.
  • Pathos
    41 posts
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As others have stated, you'll find suitable utility on them coupled with wanting to save your other viable toons for later phases (for bigger gains and required output).

Jyn or Cassian builds aside, while the numbers you'll get out of Jedi in this phase are conservative at best, they'll be well above the required 2%. Geared, non-zeta Jedi can typically get you 400-600K (while other leads can hit as high, my preference is an Aayla lead for reasons of consistency - suitably modded you will more often than not last to enrage, thereby limiting restarts to the search for a little more RNG damage). Additionally, if you lack the mods to get some high level potency on Anakin and/or aren't seeing a lot of success with landing his buff immunity, throwing B2 in there is not a bad option.

With Zarriss they can do around 700K.

Not yet tested any builds with Kylo in there.
    Post edited by Pathos on
  • Options
    At OP - in the beginning some of us also used Rey. Offense up + her Flurry landing on GG and she can pretty much deal the 2% damage on her own. Most NAAT guilds trying HAAT for the first time will prolly have a Rey, so use her if it helps some you. Airplane mode prevents a fail :wink:
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What is best ? Yoda lead (without Zeta) with TM gain but less Tenacity or Aayla for AAT 1 ?
  • Options
    there's a few different strats and it all depends on the toons you have.

jedi's aren't so good in p2-3
    p4 is rebel/clones and throw everything else, so they could fit there

but they are basically used in p1 because the other phases are beat used with other squads.

g10 jedi's can get you 4-5% damage with ok mods

those that get more usually have up to 5 g11 toons with good/great mods

getting 2% is fairly easy, unless you're newer players.

i prefer jka or aayla lead
    i dont have zeta's in my jedi's and besides jka/qqj, i've never used any in anera (december 2015 shard) and have always put priority on others toons
  • Options
    Getting 2-5% with Jedi is quite easy. And it's quite smart since basically all other the "usual suspects" are needed in P2-4.

My IGD-lead Jedi team with far from maxed out toons can easily get 4-5%. And I'm expecting way more once Zylo is ready.
  • Options

Unless it is made totally useless with an update: switching Wedge to Boba if pretaunt is not a completely bad idea.
  • Options
    Jedi can do 1M damage in P2 thanks to their survival ability (Yoda prevent the main to do insane damage with his special move).
  • Options
    Kylo can hit 300k by himself if zetad.
  • Options

What are some good TMR teams if u don't have 7* Jyn or Cassian?

Also, I am working on my Jedi team: IGD g9 (L), Anikin g11, QGJ g11, Asoka g8 and Yoda g10.

But I also have a g11 Boba and an almost g10 Kylo, and a 7* g8 FOTP and TFP.

What team should I go for?
    Should I continue farming the Jedi team, or should I focus on another mix, with maybe Boba, Kylo and the Tie fighters?

If so, how would that team look? (In order to get the most damage)

(I would experiment on the raid, but my guild is not quite rdy yet)