How does "Health Up" work?

Tiggus
766 posts Member
edited February 2017
Royal Guard's (almost useless) special gives all allies Defense Up and "Health Up" (some others too, I don't remember who). What does Health Up do?
  1. If the ally is at 100%+ health, I guess it temporarily increase his health pool (say from 20k to 24k). Then when the effect wears down, that character's health remain what it is, unless higher than his normal health value? Or does the remaining health of that character also scales down by the same factor?
  2. If the ally is at say 40% health, what happens?
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Options
    My guess is that it is depending on the%. So you have 40% HP , getting HP up. The number increases but it is still 40% what you got.
  • Options
    It increases your max HP by 15% . So if one character with 20k gets the buff, it will have 23k. If a pesky Wiggs duo hit that toon for 20k while the buff is up, it will have 3k left when the effect wears off (assuming it didn't have protection). It's like temporary protection. Or that's how I understand it at least.
    Assuming the description is right and the 20k toon is at 40% (8k), it will still get 3k health, since is based on your maximum HP and not your current HP.
  • Options
    I assumed it was all percentages. Maybe RG has 20k health, uses health up, ends up with 23k health. Whatever the percentage of health he has when the buff wears off, that's what sticks around. Maybe he takes 3k damage; right before the buff wears off he now has 20k/23k health, or 86.95%. Now he has 86.95% of 20k.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I assumed it was all percentages. Maybe RG has 20k health, uses health up, ends up with 23k health. Whatever the percentage of health he has when the buff wears off, that's what sticks around. Maybe he takes 3k damage; right before the buff wears off he now has 20k/23k health, or 86.95%. Now he has 86.95% of 20k.

I believe this is correct. Health up is most useful right before you take damage that will affect health. It is a detriment if you apply it right before a healer heals, however. (If the heal is based on the healers health level and not the recipients).
  • Options
    Thanks... it's still not clear to me (perhaps I should try in a GW battle some time) what happens if a toon has already lost some health at the time the effect triggers or wears off. For instance, is it possible to have the following scenario:

Phasma has Health Up (20k +15% = 23k), takes 12k damage, triggers RG's taunt as it's now under 50%
    Phasma take a turn, effect wears down, has now 11k health out of 20k (no longer 23k), and is now again above 50% health, can trigger RG's taunt again on next damage.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Thanks... it's still not clear to me (perhaps I should try in a GW battle some time) what happens if a toon has already lost some health at the time the effect triggers or wears off. For instance, is it possible to have the following scenario:

Phasma has Health Up (20k +15% = 23k), takes 12k damage, triggers RG's taunt as it's now under 50%
    Phasma take a turn, effect wears down, has now 11k health out of 20k (no longer 23k), and is now again above 50% health, can trigger RG's taunt again on next damage.

Well. Could happen with lifesteal.