Darth vader

Hey whats going on with my power character? He used to have a devastating culling blade, you had to plan it, wait for it, and use it wisely. I figured since it was so hard hitting was why it was so hard to get him in the first place, and he had the low dmg basic to balance him. Now his basic does about x4 dmg but his culling blade is barely hitting 15k (under perfect circumstances) i had a few instance of going over 30k before but not now. Its especially noticable against the rancor. Why try and make him generic and mediocre? People that want instant win still arent going to use him either way...
If the change is something like i have to ultra max zeta him to get back to where i was before ill be wondering if it wasnt poorly thought out prior.
I get that peoples $9000 vaders still work great but youll never convince me those people really notice or understand anything in between tapping auto win
Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair....

Replies

• Options
    You serious his basic hits 4x harder? I can't feel that.

According to dev, just 15% damage buff, which seems correct based on my observations
  • Options
    Yeah, he still hits like a wet noodle.
  • Options
    It used to be 800-900 dmg never crit, now its 3200 ish almost always crit
  • Options
    What level are and what teams are you fighting because my Culling Blade does more than before.
  • Options
    Im L74, fighting the usual boba-sidious-wiggs teams. Now that you mention it i do seem to get less debuffs overall which would explain it but the vader vs rancor dmg is way down for several days now (went from 80-100k to 40-60k)
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just hit 7 star and G11 gear on Vader last week. He just hit for 88k with Culling blade on AAT last night. His non-crits were 40-50k (He is not Zeta'd, he was not the leader either) I don't sense any nerf to Culling Blade whatsoever neither in Raid nor in Arena. And also no, haven't spent a dime on the game yet. So it's not a;
    $9000 vader
    If your observation is based on Arena, you might be facing higher Tenacity teams = Less Debuffs on them = Less damage
    But if you are doing the same level Raid as before and you are sensing a drop on his damage, I have no idea why. Have you always been using the same team for the Raid? Changed gear or mods on any debuffing characters?
  • Options
    I dont know what i changed, everything is the same. If anything, im gear vii to viii on vader from last week
  • Options
    mine seems fine. but i will note i never "carefully planned" when to use the culling blade. throw that saber as often as possible.
  • Options
    Perhaps "carefully read" you do have to plan it, plan the mods especially, so the debuffs go b4 vader, then you have to wait, especially if u get AB'd, if its only 1-2 debuffs or wont kill maybe even wait more, and lastly if u use it "un wisely" you dont kill anything and get the extra turn
  • Options
    Im L74, fighting the usual boba-sidious-wiggs teams. Now that you mention it i do seem to get less debuffs overall which would explain it but the vader vs rancor dmg is way down for several days now (went from 80-100k to 40-60k)

My damage has gone down on the rancor since the sith update went live as well, my tm squad doesn't reduce tm near as much as they did pre sith patch.
  • Options
    My culling blade just hit for 82k on kylo in arena. It's fine.
  • Options
    Hey drax was it all your guys or just vader?
  • Options
    Idk what OP is talkin bout...my vader is maxed and decently speed moded...basic is still 10k (more consistent) and culling blade still carving and 60-90k hole in opposition. Force burst is only real thing I've seen a significant bump in dmg with as mine used to do 3-5k and now does 5-7k dmg.

Oh and spent $0.00 on vader...just been aying since last thanksgiving.