Anyone else think Annihilate will be underwhelming?

I personally think that this ability will be strong, but not nearly as game breaking as people make it out to be. I mean even if you get that life drain the cooldown will still be 3, which by then most matches in pvp will already be decided. Will probably still be good for GW and definitely will be a fun character to use.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. Peeps seems to overreact. Qgj zeta had everyone up in arms when it was announced... Was good but not game breaking.
  • Options
    Well.. This makes him a perfect tank imo.. He might tanke place in a 3 taunter team to make maybe rg great again? :D or maybe he could fit in a barriss zeta tank squad which is timing out and still has an offense.. Like nihilus,zarriss,rg,shore,sthan.. Nerly 0 offense (except nihilus)but immortal
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's his cooldown increase that is going to be OP, not annihilate.

Edit: increase, not reducion
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Agreed. Peeps seems to overreact. Qgj zeta had everyone up in arms when it was announced... Was good but not game breaking.

QGJ zeta would have been game breaking if it was the only zeta they released. The wiggs/lando/sthan teams that were meta when zetas first came out get wrecked by QGJ zeta
  • Options
    Annihilate will be a great Ability. Can't wait to use Nihilus!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    People will prob go for him first then he won't be able to us eit.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, maybe arena won't see as much action with it. But node 12, sure. Could be useful in the upcoming 8 waves of Jedi event.
  • Options
    HQFireBall wrote: »
    People will prob go for him first then he won't be able to us eit.

Possible. But just throught an Auto Taunter and mix is sith Trooper
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it will be nice to have him full TM with instakill rdy to go going into node 12...(or does it's CD reset each encounter in gw)

I just think it's funny that people have been talking bout power creep and would make jokes about what's next and an instakill ability was always joked about now we have it. But I don't think it will be too OP but we will see
  • Options
    I think it is going to be an excellent ability but the cooldown on it will keep it from being OP. I think it is better than culling blade or execute because it can instantly kill anyone. I run a maxed Vader and a maxed Boba and I generally rely on them to OHKO squishy toons. I know with the right set up they can do the same to tanks but sometimes when I try I end up underestimating how much protection they had left and dispel all the negative effects on GK just in time for him to use "The Negotiator" to turn the tide. The guaranteed kill is a very nice skill, even if you have to wait til his 3rd turn to use it.
  • Options
    It's his cooldown increase that is going to be OP, not annihilate.

Edit: increase, not reducion

Exactly... That is the biggest thing. Using Sith Assassin to make all your sith first, then Nihilus increases enemy cooldowns directly after. Most battles in top 10 usually don't even last up to 4 or so turns of each person anyway lol