What's your preferred daily Arena deadline/payout-time? (now at 6pm) Why?

Prev1
xJazzx
808 posts Member
edited January 2016
Please state your reasons! Eg. work, family, school etc. B)
Post edited by xJazzx on

What's your preferred daily Arena deadline/payout-time? (now at 6pm) Why? 116 votes

6pm (original)
37%
XyodarksideStevoFantazyOtarBongoMeriloncha0sthisgameisdopestupidfatfoolLlewellaMizoAggropoxDarthNicoFilipThalosKiranoHaloWars29SmithieWazlinskiWillkimm98 44 votes
7pm
6%
The_Oklahoma_KidEnklavecomandabenKAULIHarfoushAnubisFlashback 7 votes
8pm
14%
noogaboogaPhyneasAmish_AceLargKelleincosmicturtle333Clintos_FreshmakerDroxinreizseBerdilioRogerfanKyuu2tjw_tjw14ElyndriaSean_BMikymatePhluffheadCaroCanon 17 votes
9pm
9%
HyperalloyEthanesusStormyHBu3NoRandallTakThomasLyleLianaraWJ28TheReal_Mol_Eliza1TMRevan 11 votes
10pm
17%
RolfmasterringArdychunSongLocoAlThrixelpay2winVodoBruin4LifePlasmajExarKunInternetSwagEquus_PallidusJohnoakAngrybaldmanHauzerGoaT1221Dooku_for_daysNuttermakerDeusExMachina 20 votes
11pm
3%
TSiTaSxJazzxLordStylingChef5 4 votes
12am
11%
DaishiShadowHoundKmilla10Jaden_ZenDarkAgeOutlawArijitRobbathehuttJisstgsethLazerriftchipmunk19QleakL0rd_S0th 13 votes

Replies

• Options
    11pm
    11pm because after finishing the arena, I can work on my daily. 6pm is horrible for working adults and schooling kids.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    6pm (original)
    I prefer it to stay at 6pm
  • Options
    11pm
    Smithie wrote: »
    I prefer it to stay at 6pm

Why?
  • Options
    7pm
    I'm leaning towards 7. Simply because sometimes I work late days... (up at 4 am, home by 6 pm) so that extra hour could help me some days haha... Other than that, I'm fine with the 6pm.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    10pm
    6 is hard to be free for consistently, because of family stuff. Usually having dinner in the 5-6:30 range. By 8 my daughter's asleep so I'd be able to aim for a 10p nicely.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    6pm (original)
    6 is fine.
  • Options
    12am
    i would prefer 12am to keep it in sync with the daily challenges. as an f2p player, i rely on the crystals from arena prizes and the daily challenges to complete my daily refreshes. i'd have more time throughout the day to make use of those refreshes (especially if i'm saving up on sims) if it were early instead of at night.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    11pm
    chipmunk19 wrote: »
    i would prefer 12am to keep it in sync with the daily challenges. as an f2p player, i rely on the crystals from arena prizes and the daily challenges to complete my daily refreshes. i'd have more time throughout the day to make use of those refreshes (especially if i'm saving up on sims) if it were early instead of at night.

Might be better to be 10 or 11 pm as you won't want to sleep after 1am.. thats bad for your health
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    9pm
    I usually work until 7, so a chance to get home and eat dinner would be nice.
  • Options
    I personally believe that it should be based on how long you occupied a rank instead of the current stupidity. Sitting there all day at 5, or 4, or 2, then refreshing 100 times in the 5 minutes before 6pm just to see if someone has knocked you down is freaking stupid. It's like dbags bidding on ebay 10 seconds before the auction finalizes. If I spend 13 hours out of the day kicking it at rank 5, I should get rank 5 rewards. They could leave the time at 6pm local because it wouldn't matter, what mattered was what rank you sat at the bulk of the day. Less griefing that way.

I also think that the leaderboard should be based on the entire planet, not just your timezone (which it appears to be because at 6pm est, my board has a lot of activity, the only other time I see much movement is in the morning a bit, and around 3 or 4pm est which would be 6pm somewhere that's not the east coast (too lazy to check for a timezone map.)
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    11pm
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    I personally believe that it should be based on how long you occupied a rank instead of the current stupidity. Sitting there all day at 5, or 4, or 2, then refreshing 100 times in the 5 minutes before 6pm just to see if someone has knocked you down is freaking stupid. It's like dbags bidding on ebay 10 seconds before the auction finalizes. If I spend 13 hours out of the day kicking it at rank 5, I should get rank 5 rewards. They could leave the time at 6pm local because it wouldn't matter, what mattered was what rank you sat at the bulk of the day. Less griefing that way.

I like your idea over the current rank swapping system. I seriously doubt they have the resources and any strong reasons to overhaul the current working system so the easiest fix will be to shift the deadline to a more friendly hour.
  • Options
    12am
    xJazzx wrote: »
    chipmunk19 wrote: »

Might be better to be 10 or 11 pm as you won't want to sleep after 1am.. thats bad for your health

being sarcastic? 6am would be more realistic given my reasoning but i figure it would be simpler to just make it in sync with the daily challenge refresh. it would hopefully lessen the last minute sniping too. that's an aspect of arena that is particularly annoying, especially at the higher ranks since it's easier to get knocked out of a prize tier.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haters gonna hate , no hour is friendly this is a world wide game so what country or time zone is dominat to the others?

Stop posting your specific desire, can we get some thought to these posts about the bigger picture the toxic nature here is the self perceived value and greed

The custom deadline makes some sense but it's a ladder and a ladder has a deadline, west coast 11 is east coast 2am as an example

So this post was flawed at inception and surprised the Russian delegation. Guilds have not jumped in on this , all Europe nations get hosed with time zone as its eArly am for them
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    8pm
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate , no hour is friendly this is a world wide game so what country or time zone is dominat to the others?

Stop posting your specific desire, can we get some thought to these posts about the bigger picture the toxic nature here is the self perceived value and greed

The custom deadline makes some sense but it's a ladder and a ladder has a deadline, west coast 11 is east coast 2am as an example

So this post was flawed at inception and surprised the Russian delegation. Guilds have not jumped in on this , all Europe nations get hosed with time zone as its eArly am for them

Each person has a reward time relative to their timezone. No one is asking for a worldwide reward time.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    11pm
    I'd say 11pm (for myself, tho I understand that's late for many)

Just because the wife goes to bed at 10pm and I will never have clients to attend at that time either.
  • Options

Each person has a reward time relative to their timezone. No one is asking for a worldwide reward time.

12:01 PST, and base your reward on how long you sat at a particular position. The current system is broken.
  • Options
    11pm

You need to read carefully. In no way this poll asks about worldwide timing.
  • Options
    10pm
    6pm seems generally bad for people in the career/family stage of lives, but more designed for students/young adult with less outside commitments. Maybe they want it that way, but it stinks for me
  • Options
    Don't think a "how long you sat at a rank" system is a good idea. This forces players to play all throughout the day to remain competitive, burn all their profits to climb up the ladder multiple times, etc. A more flexible end time seems like a simpler solution; there's likely something even better that hasn't been thought of yet too.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    11pm
    Don't think a "how long you sat at a rank" system is a good idea. This forces players to play all throughout the day to remain competitive, burn all their profits to climb up the ladder multiple times, etc. A more flexible end time seems like a simpler solution; there's likely something even better that hasn't been thought of yet too.

Yea, if they have to record and store your rank information all the time, that is quite tedious.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Parad1sel
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And oh look, I'll just log in for a second right before the end and knock this person out is good? That's a griefers system. They'd be better off maintaining it based on overall wins/losses. The current system blows. Beat me because your team is better than the AI is at controlling mine, not because you happen to be free at 6pm and timed better than I did, which is all the leaderboard boils down to. That's why the rewards are so minimal between ranks.

And they wouldn't, on a win/loss, the app sends the result to the server. Boom done.

Player A gained rank 5 at 1am, next time player A is updated is when they lost to Player B at 5:30pm. No need for constant updates. Perhaps your leader board is more active than mine but I sit at rank 2 all day long generally, I only get bumped right before 6pm. I finish at 3, 4, or 7 normally. Then as soon as rewards go out I will use up my last battle to retake slot 2, where again I sit for the next 24 hours.
  • Options
    And I'm also quite sure the server receives updates regularly. It has to so it can maintain the leader board. The only thing that would be done differently would be to calculate time spent at given position.
  • Options
    10pm
    I don't really care lol
    i work from home
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    If they change anything it will be the same as it is now, some people will like it, some people won't. It makes sense for them to keep it as is because changing it will do nothing.
  • Options
    Actually there is a very simple fix, make it random every day and random for each leaderboard. Cuts out the sniping entirely.

Omg I can see the complaining now, 100s of posts whining about how they saved all their attacks till 5:15 an the leaderboard ended at 8pm. That would be almost as good as the whinefest about the GW shipment refresh.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    10pm
    I get off at 5:30pm. Im sure if you have a full time job.. you either working at that time or getting off.
    I like it around 10Pm. Usually I'm home at 9pm.. so i can have a hour to fight in Arena.

@Vampire_X You know nothing about this game. lol. Each server have their own 6PM. If a player live in US eastern their arena deadline is 6PM. People live in Western US would have their own 6PM. I think you got confused/complicated to yourself with those timezone.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    not true... I am currently in a central time and it ends at 5 my time - 6pm on the other side, so I will take that hit personally! =)

how it works in europe is also similar, how it placed you in a server is unknown, but I take my lumps when wrong but seeing how I had an offset I assumed! =( wrongly
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    10pm
    @Vampire_X well that could be explain central time probably have less people so they have to put you on the Eastern server. Sorry that you Arena deadline is 5pm.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    well its good to know also I accept when wrong! =) and I am trying and hope people know this isnt personal but I am on a campaign to end toxic and drama here!!

looking for people to join in and make things better for us all, we dont have to agree just be able to get facts in and drama out!

the one thing is that it should let you pick a time zone on entering to help solve some of that and maybe even create a natural offset for people wanting later time end?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    8pm
    6pm is my drive home from work so it's not optimal (unless I stop to get dinner or a smoothie...). 8pm is nice and relaxing since I can focus on winning instead of crunching for time
    mighty chlorians