Thoughts on this team?

Do you think this team could do pretty good?
Phasma lead, Sidious, 5s, Kylo, and boba?
Lots of AoE. Speed down would also be pretty constant as well. Bobas ability block early in the game, and kylo,5s, and phasma all have a great chunk of health. And basically kylo and 5s will also consitently counter. I'm aware that phasmas leader ability isnt being fully senergized but I think the team would still get some extra attacks in at a decent rate. So what do ya think?

Replies

• Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Looks really interesting. Good HP pool, high utility and not too obvious synergy.
    I like it. Well thought through.
  • DarthVanio
    293 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The team lacks dmg. Boba and 5s don't do that much of dmg. Speed down and ab block are useful, but the only consistent dmg dealer is Sid. I don't like Kylo, because in my eyes he doesn't do enough dmg. He has te be below half hp to do so. It seems like a fun squad, but I suppose that you will have some hard times with it in Arena. Now the meta is focused on heavy hitters and buffers like poggle and phasma. In my server almost every squad has GS/FOTP/IG-66/Poggle/Poe. That is just the meta. Also this team is slow and there is a chance that you woný get a chance to do anything while the whole other team has made their turn.You don't have healer. With this squad, when you can't oneshot a char, you will need a healer.
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    The team lacks dmg. Boba and 5s don't do that much of dmg. Speed down and ab block are useful, but the only consistent dmg dealer is Sid. I don't like Kylo, because in my eyes he doesn't do enough dmg. He has te be below half hp to do so. It seems like a fun squad, but I suppose that you will have some hard times with it in Arena. Now the meta is focused on heavy hitters and buffers like poggle and phasma. In my server almost every squad has GS/FOTP/IG-66/Poggle/Poe. That is just the meta. Also this team is slow and there is a chance that you woný get a chance to do anything while the whole other team has made their turn.You don't have healer. With this squad, when you can't oneshot a char, you will need a healer.
    Yeah I also noticed the lack in damage, but I mean with pretty decent health pool, I'll maybe be able to take a couple of extra hits. And taking out their high damaging attacker first could ease the rest of the game for this team, due to AoEs, and speed downs coming in. But you have good points with teams being focused on high damage attackers. So what would you think in changing?
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    Looks really interesting. Good HP pool, high utility and not too obvious synergy.
    I like it. Well thought through.
    think maybe Vader would be a better option than boba?

• Options
    I don't like Vader, he has difficult kit to play with. I rarely see people using him. I would swap 5s and boba and kylo and I would put in Lumi and Poggle and GS. Or get rid of boba and 5s and put poggle and lumi. With poggle buff you can crash the opponents. If you have Poe it would be even better. Remember that the speed is one of the most important stat to be aware of.
  • Options
    Good health, bad speed bad damage.

If I came across it I'd kill Sid and Phasma fast(her only to prevent her buffs) than take apart the 3 tanky toons that are left. I run a very fast damage team though so a slower, tankier low DPS team is not real viable.

Think about this if you cross a Poe build. You do have 3 AOE's, though they don't hit over;ly hard, they do add uniqueness, though many are Hiding Rey, FOTP, Leia behind Poe. Each of those toons has 1 hit capabilities. Your AOE's if lucky might kill one, but at 7* FOTP has near 14k, he will live through your AOE's. Leia has 10,40** Rey 10k They are likely to survive Fett, Ren, Phasma AOE's. They are faster. Phasmas speed down bring them down to a fairer speed for your slower team. Poe at only 5* has over 11,500 hp your toons in this build would take some time to take him out. It is a cool build Idea, but it is not viable really for top 50 maybe even 100 depending on the bracket.

It is a good sustain build for GW, just not arena.
  • Options
    Good health, bad speed bad damage.

If I came across it I'd kill Sid and Phasma fast(her only to prevent her buffs) than take apart the 3 tanky toons that are left. I run a very fast damage team though so a slower, tankier low DPS team is not real viable.

Think about this if you cross a Poe build. You do have 3 AOE's, though they don't hit over;ly hard, they do add uniqueness, though many are Hiding Rey, FOTP, Leia behind Poe. Each of those toons has 1 hit capabilities. Your AOE's if lucky might kill one, but at 7* FOTP has near 14k, he will live through your AOE's. Leia has 10,40** Rey 10k They are likely to survive Fett, Ren, Phasma AOE's. They are faster. Phasmas speed down bring them down to a fairer speed for your slower team. Poe at only 5* has over 11,500 hp your toons in this build would take some time to take him out. It is a cool build Idea, but it is not viable really for top 50 maybe even 100 depending on the bracket.

It is a good sustain build for GW, just not arena.
    Yeah Ive been running phasma sid kylo boba and poe, and I havent been doing well lately. So I'm gonna switch things up. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    I don't like Vader, he has difficult kit to play with. I rarely see people using him. I would swap 5s and boba and kylo and I would put in Lumi and Poggle and GS. Or get rid of boba and 5s and put poggle and lumi. With poggle buff you can crash the opponents. If you have Poe it would be even better. Remember that the speed is one of the most important stat to be aware of.
    yeah I have poe and poggle so I'm gonna switch some stuff up. Thank ya man
  • Options
    I'm really disappointed with kylo. Mine is lvl 60 and 2 gear slots from gear7. His skills are all level 4 and he does hardly any dmg.

Although he's only 4* and I'm really comparing him to dooku which is still only 3*, he does less dmg in arena. If anything I'll just keep him in rotation for GW.
  • Options

Then he could be EXACTLY like every other team you see in arena :p
  • Options
    Not sure why I seem to see people slagging Kylo off.....

Whenever he is in a team I face if he is not one of the first ones I kill and gets a buff - he is annoying as hell!!! He has also been in every team I have faced that absolutely destroyed me quick!! (Along with Phasma & Poe)

Sometimes his damage is crap but if he is in the right team with a buff he is really dangerous! And with Phasma the FO synergy really helps him.
  • Options
    Nitric wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with kylo. Mine is lvl 60 and 2 gear slots from gear7. His skills are all level 4 and he does hardly any dmg.

Although he's only 4* and I'm really comparing him to dooku which is still only 3*, he does less dmg in arena. If anything I'll just keep him in rotation for GW.
    He starts doing better damage after you upgrade his moves to like 5. I felt the same way at first, but he started to do more after i level him to 5 stars and gear 7. I enjoy using him a lot.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

Then he could be EXACTLY like every other team you see in arena :p
    Lol i was thinking the same thing. I'll probably end up running Phasma lead sid 5s kylo and poggle
  • Options
    Crookid01 wrote: »
    Not sure why I seem to see people slagging Kylo off.....

Whenever he is in a team I face if he is not one of the first ones I kill and gets a buff - he is annoying as hell!!! He has also been in every team I have faced that absolutely destroyed me quick!! (Along with Phasma & Poe)

Sometimes his damage is crap but if he is in the right team with a buff he is really dangerous! And with Phasma the FO synergy really helps him.
    This!!! Everyone who probably says kylo is bad is cause they probably have chromium chars or flippin chars that ko first turn. Theres no appreciation for the poor people characters :neutral: